Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's up with the BB schedule? Just noticed we play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

What's up with the BB schedule? Just noticed we play

Jan 7, 2018, 10:08 AM

Thursday night at 9:00 PM at NC State, then Saturday at 3:00 at home vs Miami, then Tuesday night at 7:00 at UNC. That's 3 games within a 5 day period, with two of them on the road. Brutal. We have to find a way to win 1 or 2 of those. Otherwise, we could be 3-3 in the league pretty quick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that is a very tough stretch.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:10 AM

And it seems pretty unfair. I would be curious to know of other conference teams, especially Duke and UNC, have to play such a brutal stretch.

Given the fact that two of these three games are on the road, and two of the three are against top 20 teams, I would be thrilled to go 2-1. Certainly hoping for 3-0, but that is a very tall order.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Duke is about to play a similar stretch as well

Jan 7, 2018, 10:22 AM

Wednesday at Pitt, Sat home vs Wake, then the following Monday at Miami.

Look at Miami's schedule, it's a beast. Their next 3 games, including today, are against ranked teams. Then after those 3 games, in a 6-day stretch they play at NC State, home against Louisville and at FSU.

I checked UNC's schedule and while they don't seem to have any stretches of 3 games in 5 days, they do have some pretty tough 3 game stretches coming up.

It's basketball in the ACC. It's hard to predict how teams will be ranked and it's not easy to coordinate a perfectly fair schedule across the board. Want to be a top 25 team and compete in this conference? This is what you have to survive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

these are the types of stretches you are glad you have your

Jan 7, 2018, 12:26 PM

most talented team

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s true. It would certainly be a lot easier if we were in the Big XII.***

Jan 7, 2018, 10:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Exactly, it’s the nature of ACC basketball.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Duke is about to play a similar stretch as well ]

Nothing nearly this tough in college football, that’s for sure.

Re: Yes, that is a very tough stretch.

Jan 7, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Yes, that is a very tough stretch. ]

I don’t mind the competition, but traveling like a yo-yo makes no sense to me and creates an unneeded travel expense (both financial and wear and tear)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without looking, I'm going to guess no..

Jan 7, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Yes, that is a very tough stretch. ]

Duke and UNC, and maybe nobody else, plays bullcrap schedules like that. Who signs off on that junk? Swofford?

As usual Stanley, you're wrong. K thx bye***

Jan 8, 2018, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC

Jan 7, 2018, 10:14 AM

game...just to make sure. Swoffie made a change at the last minute to add move the UNC game to a "better" slot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC

Jan 7, 2018, 10:16 AM

doesnt the acc is out to get us never get tired to you people.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:19 AM

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they ain't really after us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone likes conspiracies. What makes folks different is _

Jan 7, 2018, 12:20 PM

The different ones they like.

Jan 7, 2018, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

:)

Nope, never. And I'll bash Swofford till the day I die

Jan 7, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

:)

Kind of like another person said...

Jan 7, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

Just because we seem paranoid about it, doesn’t mean we are wrong. ??

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Your mastery of the English language is awe-inspiring.***

Jan 7, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That It's Reality, No

Jan 7, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

That you can't recognize it, well..............

the truth tires you?***

Jan 7, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

It's a known fact Swoff has been out to get us in the past

Jan 7, 2018, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

Has anything happened to make you think he isn't still?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You people"?***

Jan 7, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: They wanted to make sure we were exhausted for the UNC ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: What's up with the BB schedule? Just noticed we play

Jan 7, 2018, 10:15 AM

have you noticed that duke and unc are 1-2 right now. the acc is tough for everyone.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:31 AM

I'm more enjoying it than anything else

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: What's up with the BB schedule? Just noticed we play ]

Frankly I hope Duke and UNC both fall flat this B.B. campaign. The ACC would be better for it! Swoffie would have a fit, but he would survive. I just hope he, Coach K and Coach Williams decide to retire real soon. It past time they do so.

Go Tigers!

As I former college player

Jan 7, 2018, 1:31 PM

I don't look at it that way at all. I wanted to play every day. They get plenty of rest before going into the stretch, too, and the coaches know what's coming, so they are laying off them a couple of days here. No big deal, unless you focus on it.

Our interior folks have their work cut out for them

Jan 7, 2018, 3:34 PM

against the next three opponents....all have some quality bigs and some depth.

Grantham had his worst offensive game in a while against L'ville.....but he certainly contributed in other ways....he's showing signs of being an effective leader and its a sign he's got his head in the game....

The Tigers got strong guard play again when they truly needed it vs the Cards.....Marcquise Reed can, at times, be a man among boys out on the floor.

One of these days, all three guards AND Grantham are going to have a strong offensive game simultaneously and the Tigers are literally going to blow somebody off the court.....the stretch against L'ville when they ran the score up to a 19 point lead so quickly was evidence that its very possible.....(good defense is involved in the formula as well)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict that all of those guys will catch fire against UNC

Jan 7, 2018, 10:58 PM

next Tuesday night in Chapel Hill. Streak over!

UNC has a similar stretch

Jan 8, 2018, 6:49 AM

But 2 of the three are at home and the road trip is to Raleigh.
2-8 Duke
2-10 NC State
2-12 Note Dame

Looks like TV dictates this with Thursday, Saturday, and Tuesday slots.

It would be interesting to compare travel of respective teams.

Players legs at the end of the game are the key. But effectively three days rest before UNC, our legs should be fine.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic