Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whats the upper end of what the ACC Network could bring in?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 879

Whats the upper end of what the ACC Network could bring in?

Jan 9, 2019, 11:20 AM

Revenue probably won't reach these levels, certainly not the first couple of years, but I think this represents the ceiling especially with ESPN losing subscribers year after year.

The network gets the REIGNING CHAMPS to open the network next fall. (shhhhhh...don't tell Dabo I said reigning champs)

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/01/guest-article-dreaming-big-about-acc.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Whats the upper end of what the ACC Network could bring in?

Jan 9, 2019, 11:23 AM

The ratings when Clemson football plays will be through roof due to TL. He is a national phenomena now. Maybe that will help. I am not sure how it all works.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 11:32 AM

Geographic footprint will matter less as more and more households are streaming over the top. Content will be king and not adding a state into the conference that no one cares about. Rivalries and great matchups make great content.

Clemson vs. GT is more desirable than Syracuse vs. GT, even if NY has way more people than SC.

I’m hoping logic, rivalries and geography will matter more than far flung footprints. Eventually, I’m going to be buying Clemson or ACC sports as an individual purchase decision and not as part of some giant cable bundle. When that day comes, the conferences who give us the most compelling matchups will succeed. Nobody wants to watch Scar play Mizzou or Texas A&M. But lots of folks would value Nebraska playing Mizzou and Texas playing Texas A&M.

So maybe we shall see some contraction rather than expansion during the next realignment.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:39 AM

Like the article, I read $18M to $20M early with an upper end of $24 to $26M after 5 years or so. Still doesn't reach SEC but not too shabby.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN already going cheap on ACC network

Jan 9, 2019, 11:44 AM

Seems SEC has own film operations in Charlotte. ACC will be up in Bristol.

Have a feeling they will hire snooze personalities and it will basically suck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN already going cheap on ACC network

Jan 9, 2019, 12:13 PM

With every school having their own studio, I'm guessing at least half of the shows on the ACC Network will be produced right on campus. Hopefully the ACC will spend some of the conference share to hire some actual "personalities"...?

Replies: 5
| visibility 879
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic