Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's the deal with this EspinPlus, that they want you to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,967

What's the deal with this EspinPlus, that they want you to

May 9, 2018, 9:55 PM

pay five bucks a month for? Even though I am already subscribed to DirecTV and get all the other Espin channels. Is this something that will popup during football season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the deal with this EspinPlus, that they want you to

May 9, 2018, 9:56 PM

what is espnplus?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you go to WatchEspn, certain games listed are only

May 9, 2018, 10:13 PM

available by playing $4.99 per month for something called Espn Plus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the 4.99 you get extra NBA talk and political commentary***

May 10, 2018, 7:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the 4.99 you get extra NBA talk and political commentary***

May 10, 2018, 7:45 AM

They have some golf tournaments like last week's that are usually only on pga tour live but I tried the free trial and it wouldn't work on my phone only on the computer. I think they have some other sports on it as well as some 30 for 30 shows and stuff like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going have some regional MLB, NHL, and MLS stuff,

May 10, 2018, 8:15 AM

some smaller niche sports, and some G5 football games, among other things. ESPN just signed a deal with the Sunbelt conference so i assume those games will largely air on ESPN+. I think you get on-demand access to the entire 30 for 30 library as well.

It's probably worth it if you are a serious sports fan or if you follow an out of market pro team that rarely has games on TV in your area. Aside from that, i doubt you will miss much.

May 10, 2018, 11:03 AM

When I saw it announced I thought it was finally the key to cord cutting. Live sports is still the major drawback with ditching cable/direcTV. Unfortunately now they are just drawing you in to the possibility of live sports without giving you everything. I just want one price for all of my ESPN content.

null

I think this is step 1 towards that goal, but it's probably

May 10, 2018, 11:11 AM

going to be years before that's a reality with ESPN.

May 10, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: What's the deal with this EspinPlus, that they want you to ]

When I saw it announced I thought it was finally the key to cord cutting. Live sports is still the major drawback with ditching cable/direcTV. Unfortunately now they are just drawing you in to the possibility of live sports without giving you everything. I just want one price for all of my ESPN content.

Cord cutting is here now, and you do not lose any sports. In my opinion Youtube TV is the best out there. It includes all the espn sports channels, big 10, SEC, Fox 1 and 2, cbs sports, fox regional sports and more. Gives you full access to espn3, and unlimited DVR. 40 bucks a month no contract, 3 simultaneous users and 6 user profiles for dvr and favorites etc. No remorse, did it 3 months ago. Also all locals and about 50 other channels. Including all the networks that had match madness games. Tbs etc and golf channel

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 1:32 PM

If I wasn't in the cable industry and get it free I would be doing YouTube tv also.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic