Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chickens selling T-shirts for making Sweet 16
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Chickens selling T-shirts for making Sweet 16

Mar 21, 2017, 12:25 PM

Sad!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't they having a parade and peprally today too***

Mar 21, 2017, 12:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Ring design will be announced this week.***

Mar 21, 2017, 12:30 PM

What's sad is keeping a coach that lost at home in the NIT

Mar 21, 2017, 12:31 PM

1st round to a huge underdog. Let them enjoy their brief success, Frankie will land them on probation and we have our own dumpster fire to worry about

Re: What's sad is keeping a coach that lost at home in the NIT

Mar 21, 2017, 12:34 PM

True dat, my friend!

Re: What's sad is keeping a coach that lost at home in the NIT

Mar 21, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to What's sad is keeping a coach that lost at home in the NIT ]

What's really sad are people like you that show no respect for anything but a "win".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, we would probably have one.***

Mar 21, 2017, 12:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Why is that sad? They're stoked.

Mar 21, 2017, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't wear a Sweet 16 shirt, but I don't think it is that odd. Some of our fans were excited at the prospect of possibly winning the NIT before we lost inn the 1st round. The Sweet 16 is way better than winning the NIT. Some of our fans wanted us to hang a banner in LJ if we won the NIT.

If Clemson had won 2 NCAA games in Greenville and made

Mar 21, 2017, 12:43 PM

the Sweet Sixteen, we would be on cloud 9!

That's another thing that is bothersome - we get a chance for two NCAA games in Greenville and we came up short. Things were setup nicely for us. Dang!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We wouldn't have been in Greenville, they already had 2 ACC

Mar 21, 2017, 1:10 PM

teams in that pod

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chickens selling T-shirts for making Sweet 16

Mar 21, 2017, 12:44 PM

Ummm... every sweet 16 team is selling Sweet 16 t-shirts. If you don't believe me, go on fanatics.com and see for yourself. We would sell them too if we made it. I don't really understand why this is sad?

It's really no different than selling bowl t-shirts, or even CFP shirts just for making the playoff (i.e. ohio st fans have CFP Fiesta Bowl t-shirts from this year and they didn't even score a single point).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If OSU fans are like me, they wouldn't wear that t-shirt

Mar 21, 2017, 12:47 PM

in public.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

uh, we would too as our basketball team has the same prestige as theirs

Mar 21, 2017, 1:05 PM

Can't crack a joke on that one. But you can ask the question where all these gamecock fans at with the number of empty seats at their home games

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uh, we would too as our basketball team has the same prestige as theirs

Mar 21, 2017, 1:19 PM

Hey, its the only thing in the sports world they can hang their hats on. Pretty pathetic actually. Their baseball team is over ranked. Should be around 15 or so with their number of losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think "overrated" is the term you're searching for***

Mar 21, 2017, 2:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

The same prestige as theirs !?!?!?!

Mar 21, 2017, 3:21 PM [ in reply to uh, we would too as our basketball team has the same prestige as theirs ]

Are you kidding?!?!?!

There was a time when $CU dominated the basketball rivalry, but over the last thirty five to forty years, Clemson has ABSOLUTELY OWNED $CU in basketball and it's really not even close.

This is $CU's first NCAA appearance in thirteen years, their first NCAA Tournament win in forty-four years, and their first Sweet Sixteen appearance in program history.

Clemson has three Sweet Sixteen appearance and one Elite Eight appearances.

ROFL...the same prestige as theirs indeed !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This is actually their 4th sweet 16, but first in 40+ yrs

Mar 21, 2017, 4:03 PM

No elite eights though, so we have that going for us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shame on them

Mar 21, 2017, 2:05 PM

For celebrating success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

sad indeed..wish we were sellin' sweet 16 t's***

Mar 21, 2017, 2:25 PM

GoTiguhs!!

That's not uncommon

Mar 21, 2017, 4:00 PM

I have seen it done in KY on several occasions.....people will buy them and in Carolinas case it's a pretty big deal.....and if we are ever to make it back to a Sweet 16, pretty sure we'd sell them too. Especially considering the majority of undergrads at Clemson right now weren't even born the last time we made a sweet 16

Columbia t-shirt retailers need the revenue

Mar 21, 2017, 4:05 PM

those women's final four shirts only go so far. Lord knows they haven't had any reason to celebrate around there lately.

We'd be doing the same thing

Mar 21, 2017, 4:11 PM

Although at this rate hell will freeze over before we ever see a Sweet Sixteen again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they may have sold them, but market would be meh

Mar 21, 2017, 4:19 PM

after everybody I know has dropped a paycheck or two on National Championship related stuff in the last 2 months.

We just skipped right over ACC Championship and Fiesta Bowl 31-0 Ohio State gear. That stuff barely exists. You think a Sweet Sixteen basketball shirt would be a hot seller? Doubtful.

Re: Chickens selling T-shirts for making Sweet 16

Mar 21, 2017, 4:19 PM

Being honest, we have fans who would do the same thing.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic