Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What’s our current 2 deep at DT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

What’s our current 2 deep at DT?

Aug 3, 2019, 1:08 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What’s our current 2 deep at DT?

Aug 3, 2019, 1:23 PM

Great Question! Inquiring minds would like to know. I think it's safe to say that Jordan Williams and Nyles Pinckney will start. However, my best guess would be that Tyler Davis, Tayquon Johnson, and Darnell Jeffries will rotate by committee to keep fresh legs in the game. I don't foresee any one being named as the official two deep guy at the DT spot.

Due to the lack of experience I feel like they will begin the season as a DT by committee. Let's not forget Xavier Kelly, Ruke Orhorohoro, and Etinosa Rueben who has added weight in the offseason and could be a great DT in the rotation. Let's just say that there's no shortage of big and athletic bodies who can plug the gaps in the middle of the defensive line and cause disruption at the line of scrimmage.

As the season progresses, I believe that Tyler Davis and either Tayquon or Darnell will push for the number two or even the starting spot. All are highly talented and extremely athletic.

The good news stemming from the injuries that Jordan Williams and Nyles Pinckney suffered is that the other guys got a ton of reps in the Spring and did great in the Strength and Conditioning Period. Now they will be implemented into the fall practice rotation to sharpen up their skills and knowledge of the game. If they study the playbook and study film they will all be a force to be reckoned with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Aug 3, 2019, 1:34 PM

Here’s how the depth probably looks:

Nyles Pinckney (rsJR) and Jordan Williams (rsSO)
Xavier Kelly (rsJR) and Tyler Davis (FR)
Etinosa Reuben (FR) and Ruke Orhorhoro (FR)
Tayquon Johnson (FR) and Darnell Jeffries (rsFR)

Tayquon has a chance to get into that 3rd group. But, the two deep is set in stone, barring any injuries of course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 1:47 PM

What's going on with Darnell Jefferies? Dude plays with a great deal of intensity. Is there something going on medically?

I like our two deep. I think T. Johnson will push not for the 3rd group but for the 2nd "this season"! Coach V going back to his days at Oklahoma has done a good job with DT.
All these guys need is experience and some real live game action and we'll be good to go.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 1:59 PM

Diabetes Diagnosis.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 3, 2019, 2:06 PM

@cCountry Gentleman® Thank You! I appreciate the information!

I hate that for Darnell!

I am no medical student and I am not (Thank God or whoever you pray to) a diabetic! So excuse me if this is a dumb question: I know it's a thing that varies in severity. Some people can take pills to having to do shots. What about weight for Darnell? Is this a situation where he will be asked to lose weight? Are there any big guys who must bulk up playing with diabetes?
Again, I simply just don't know, not trying to be funny.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic