Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's one rule in sports you'd change....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

What's one rule in sports you'd change....

Mar 7, 2017, 4:41 PM

I'd go with a tie up in basketball going back to an actual jump ball vs alternating possession we have now....award the defense with an opportunity at all times to get the ball back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MLB...

Mar 7, 2017, 4:48 PM

Add timeouts and eliminate all of the friggin delays because batters want to step out of the box between every pitch in order to adjust gloves, adjust helmets, rub the dirt, scratch their nads or whatever. Three per game. If a better steps out of the box, it's a timeout. You step out of the box with no timeouts, it a strike. Also, put the pitchers on a timer. You don't pitch the ball within the time allotted, it's a ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bueno....+1....I would personally also

Mar 7, 2017, 5:10 PM

dump the designated hitter.....It's ridiculous to have a rule for half the teams....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bueno....+1....I would personally also

Mar 7, 2017, 5:18 PM

Do you like to watch pitchers hit? I mean strike out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are on the field, you hit (or at least try to). The

Mar 7, 2017, 5:21 PM

DH is ridiculous.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bueno....+1....I would personally also

Mar 7, 2017, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Bueno....+1....I would personally also ]

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make the National League get with the rest of baseball

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BINGO

Mar 7, 2017, 6:28 PM [ in reply to MLB... ]

Baseball needs this bad!!!!

I'd even be fine with allowing each batter to step out of

Mar 7, 2017, 7:54 PM [ in reply to MLB... ]

the batter's box once, but no more without using a time out.

I'm a traditionalist and love the leisurely pace of baseball compared to other sports, but it has gotten absolutely ridiculous with all the stepping out of the box, fidgeting, adjusting, taking deep breaths, meetings, discussions, questions, explanations, looking at the dugout and at he coaches and the catcher, excessive elaborate routines, and everything else that goes on between pitches.

Pitchers need to pitch and batters need to get in the box and be ready to hit. Just play ball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: MLB...

Mar 7, 2017, 8:39 PM [ in reply to MLB... ]

Also max number of pitching changes

Mar 7, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to MLB... ]

True dat

Mar 7, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to MLB... ]

agree with everything U said.. I would get rid of the batting gloves! now, no reason to step out 2 adjust what U done have

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's one rule in sports you'd change....

Mar 7, 2017, 4:49 PM

Instant replay in college Football. Slows the came down and they still can't get it right

NFL

Mar 7, 2017, 4:49 PM

NFL Overtime rules, ridiculous that one team can lose without touching the ball because they lost the coin flip.

^^^still bvtt Hurt falcons Fan***

Mar 7, 2017, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nope, just a dumb rule******

Mar 7, 2017, 4:54 PM

Dumb, stupid rule.***

Mar 7, 2017, 9:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL

Mar 7, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to NFL ]

That one is the worst rule in all of any sport/sports!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely hate that rule***

Mar 7, 2017, 5:02 PM [ in reply to NFL ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 8:39 PM [ in reply to NFL ]

I don't mind it. Shouldn't have let it get to over time

Or should have held them to a FG.***

Mar 8, 2017, 12:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 7, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to NFL ]

Overtime Both teams must have a chance to posses the ball.Start at 50 Give each team a possetion . Which ever team has highest score wins. If tied after first possession then next team to score 2,3,or 6 wins.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:52 PM

Not sure how to change it, but they still need to give more thought to the targeting rules.

Basketball

Mar 7, 2017, 4:56 PM

Getting the ball in the front count when calling a timeout after a made opponents basket. Currently in pro and college women's game. Matter of time till college men get it.

Unfair offensive advantage just to drive excitement IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 4:58 PM

I would without a doubt do away with the 3 point basket. To me it screws up the most exciting part of Basketball, the tight inside game!!!

NASCAR. Let the Drivers and Crews fight again !***

Mar 7, 2017, 5:03 PM

I'd like to see Danica Patrick drop a little Chuck Norris style whoop@ss on Kurt Busch.

^^^underrated post^^^***

Mar 7, 2017, 5:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We drive in the rain. So should they. Grooved tires exist

Mar 7, 2017, 5:22 PM [ in reply to NASCAR. Let the Drivers and Crews fight again !*** ]

in the real world.

Nfl overtime***

Mar 7, 2017, 5:05 PM

They need to change the targeting rule in CFB or

Mar 7, 2017, 5:07 PM

maybe add some sort of malicious intent prong to it.

The way it's currently enforced is ridiculous and terribly inconsistent. I can think of plenty of egregious targeting hits the last couple of years that were not called and ones like Stephone Anthony against USuCk in '14 that were terrible calls and forced him to miss the second half of his last home game ever.

I know they want to force people to tackle with different form but the rule as applied really doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Allowing unlimited trips to mound by catcher and

Mar 7, 2017, 5:10 PM

unlimited step outs by batter in baseball. Allow teams 5 Timeouts a game and that is the only time you can go to the mound or step out of the batter's box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Allowing unlimited trips to mound by catcher and

Mar 7, 2017, 5:25 PM

NO games after six p.m. In Death Valley!!!!!

Mar 7, 2017, 5:35 PM

NFL OT and a pitcher taking a loss in a 1-0 game. He can do nothing to win if his team doesn't score. After Friday night's game add if he doesn't have an earned run, especially when his team doesn't score!

Don't like the way targeting is call/not called. See Clemson 2016 for examples of both!

running on the dropped 3rd strike in baseball...

Mar 7, 2017, 5:42 PM

Hitter gets rewarded for swinging at a terrible pitch.

Ref's never get the jump ball right, just give it to the

Mar 7, 2017, 5:52 PM

defensive team. Reward them for the effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FB - Coin Toss

Mar 7, 2017, 6:04 PM

Get rid of the "defer" choice. You want to kick or receive?

Also agree on NFL OT rules - one team scores, the other should get a similar chance.

Mar 7, 2017, 6:11 PM

College football

Penalize the home team if the fans are too loud and the visiting team can't hear the QB ..................Oh wait

I'd just make them actually enforce carrying and traveling

Mar 7, 2017, 7:05 PM

in basketball.

If I had to change one it would be the one that allows the QB to throw the ball away when he's outside the tackle box

OR

I'd go back to enforcing pass interference at or from the spot of the foul.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 7, 2017, 7:07 PM

you have to tackle the base runner in baseball to get the out in MLB.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overtime in the NFL. Both teams should get a chance.

Mar 7, 2017, 7:11 PM

That Superbowl showed me that.

And I am not a Falcons fan*****

Mar 7, 2017, 7:12 PM

Soccer

Mar 7, 2017, 7:14 PM

Eliminate Goal Keeper position and offsides penalty. I want to see some scoring, and a lot of it.

Mar 7, 2017, 8:09 PM

No women allowed to commentate a men's football game.

Nothing that can really be done at this point, but

Mar 7, 2017, 8:21 PM

I wish golf would figure out a way to reign in equipment manufacturers. Technological advances have rendered so many courses obsolete, and the game does not remotely resemble the one I played as a kid. Wish we could return to woods made of wood, blades that don't compensate for poor mechanics, and short bullseye putters for all! Oh, and balata balls!

Soccer. Put a live tiger on the field

Mar 7, 2017, 8:26 PM

That would really spice up the meandering wankery that goes on for 90 minutes or whenever the ref decides to end it. That would turn soccer into the most mind numbing sport into the most awesome ever with this small change. And no red cards for the tiger. He can eat as many guys as possible with no ejections. Also, the players jerseys are to be made with smoked lamb chops.

Middle school girls volleyball should have 5 yard penalty

Mar 7, 2017, 8:46 PM

Delay of game when they do their little clap/stomp/high5 routine after every stinking point. If they had to serve from the concession stand they'd cut that $&!! out.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Encroachment on the defense. On 3rd and short, 4th and short

Mar 7, 2017, 9:33 PM

the defense is intent on getting off the ball quickly. The offense, knowing this, uses everything in their power to make them jump, and even if there is no contact, the offensive player merely has to stand up and it is a 5 yard penalty on the defense. The Offense KNOWS the snap count. If there QB is skilled at changing his bark, he can get the D to jump . Spurrier use to do this all the time. It is a huge advantage for the offense in short yardage.

15 vs 30 second reset ....

Mar 7, 2017, 9:47 PM

IF in the opponents half court, you have ball, defense foul, non-shooting. As one commentator said, why give'em extra time when no need to bring ball up the court

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 9:50 PM

I do hate the NFL overtime rule and want it changed, but I do wish college football mimicked the NFL when it comes to being down by contact only. I hate how you can make a diving catch in CF with no one around you and you are "down".

Mar 7, 2017, 9:51 PM

Targeting.

Mar 7, 2017, 9:54 PM

Stroke and distance in golf...why both?

Mar 7, 2017, 9:54 PM

Stroke and distance in golf...why both?

If you fumble the ball through the endzone, it's not a turno

Mar 7, 2017, 10:03 PM

ver. It's the only way for the ball to change hands without the defense taking it away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2017, 4:38 AM

Make 2 point play a 3 point play but spot ball on 5 yard line.

Also come up with a 4 point line in basketball.

Penalty kick in soccer would be 2 points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College football OT

Mar 8, 2017, 8:10 AM

Make each team start at the 50. They would at least have to make a 1st
down to get into field goal range.

Mar 8, 2017, 8:25 AM

If you fall down in college football without getting touched get back up and go - same as in the NFL. The worse time this is enforced is a low snap for a punter that goes down to get it and touches his knee and pay over he is down. Stupid. Go with the NFL rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Targeting in football!It is the most unfair call in sports..

Mar 8, 2017, 8:30 AM

Sometimes the defensive player lowers his head to protect himself from a direct head hit to his body by the offensive player and gets called. Even worse, it is NEVER called when a runner lowers HIS HEAD bulling for extra yardage against a defensive player and causes the head-to-head hit.

Mar 8, 2017, 8:31 AM

Targeting. Will never be able to prove it is intentional

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Women's Beach Volleyball would be

Mar 8, 2017, 8:33 AM

clothing optional.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 8, 2017, 8:37 AM

Eliminate everything NASCAR has done since 2003 (except safety improvements).
I know that is more than one rule but they have had more than one level of stupid ruining what was once the fastest growing sport in America.

Mar 8, 2017, 11:57 AM

In basketball, just after your opponent scores a basket and your team calls a time out, why should you be permitted to then inbound the basketball from mid-court? A team should always have to bring the basketball up the full length of the court following an opponent scoring a basket!

Re: What's one rule in sports you'd change....***

Mar 8, 2017, 11:57 AM

3 come to mind.

Mar 8, 2017, 12:03 PM

Saw the topic, thought about it,then read your post
1. Agree with jumpball.. that was one of my 3.

2. In football, I can't stand that its not a fumble if QBs arm is going forward. If that ball is in the QBs hand and the D knocks it loose, it should be a fumble regardless of arm forward motion.

3. This requires NBA participation.. I'd like to see collge hoops adopt the same model college baseball uses. Sign with a team, or go to school for 3 yrs.

null

Mar 8, 2017, 12:06 PM

Definitely eliminate offsides in soccer. Soccer COULD be an exciting sport if there was a lot more scoring. A 1-0 game is just boring!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball: Free throws optional in final minute

Mar 8, 2017, 2:51 PM

On fouls committed by trailing team in final minute of regulation and in subsequent overtimes, give leading team option of maintaining possession or shooting free throws -- or possibly both. Too many games end in hacks, free throws, and endless walks up and down the court, which I find mind-numbingly boring and unfair to team that has forged ahead by playing actual basketball. Make the final minute athletic again.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic