Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's more stupid and arrogant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

What's more stupid and arrogant?

Sep 9, 2015, 10:15 AM

1. To think your middling football team is worthy of praise just because it plays in a certain conference

2. To think your football team is important enough that multi-billion dollar ESPN has an organized effort to give it negative coverage

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take option 3...

Sep 9, 2015, 10:17 AM

Putting this crap on your already ugly stadium

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Good golly, is that permanent?***

Sep 9, 2015, 10:18 AM

The stadium? Looks pretty permanent***

Sep 9, 2015, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I mean that banner thing. Didn't know if it is always there

Sep 9, 2015, 10:21 AM

Or if it was some kind of temporary celebratory thing when he became the winningest coach.

Re: I mean that banner thing. Didn't know if it is always there

Sep 9, 2015, 10:24 AM

They remove his shirt during the summer so the coots can enjoy seeing his moobs.

lulz***

Sep 9, 2015, 10:25 AM

Being the winningest coach at SCAR

Sep 9, 2015, 12:10 PM [ in reply to I mean that banner thing. Didn't know if it is always there ]

is like being the tallest midget.

You may Rally in the Valley, but you'll

Sep 9, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I'll take option 3... ]

eat doo doo ice at Williams Brice.

Hmmmm, dippin dots or doo doo ice?******

Sep 9, 2015, 10:50 AM

Never ate it...smelled it once.

Sep 9, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to You may Rally in the Valley, but you'll ]

That was the first and last drink I ever got in the stadium.

they mis-spelled "whiniest"***

Sep 9, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to I'll take option 3... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or "drunkest"***

Sep 9, 2015, 12:40 PM

where in the Bible does God approve of trolling?***

Sep 9, 2015, 10:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hezekiah 4:8***

Re

I don't know: the arrogance displayed by someone

Sep 9, 2015, 10:41 AM

who goes preachifying on their rivals board (uninvited) ranks right up there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a Psychiatric case study

Sep 9, 2015, 10:51 AM

Would be great to buy him for what he is worth, and sell him for what he thinks he is worth.

Clemson is not my rival. My rival is

Sep 9, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I don't know: the arrogance displayed by someone ]

THE DAG-BLASTED BIASED MEDIA!!!

Tell em, coot.***

Sep 9, 2015, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He's invited and urged to stay by many...greatest

Sep 9, 2015, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I don't know: the arrogance displayed by someone ]

Braves stat man on Tigernet, plus a true bluegrass/gospel aficionado.

Plus, he's pretty smart of a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's awesome...

Sep 9, 2015, 12:07 PM

you keep him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignoring the obvious SEC marketing strategy called...

Sep 9, 2015, 10:56 AM

ESPiN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lesson in capitalism

Sep 9, 2015, 11:36 AM

That multi-billion dollar corporation wants to continue to get ratings and make money. The easiest way to do that is to have the SEC continue to be held in high regard. Therefor, when teams like Clemson, Oklahoma, Oregon and FSU have tremendous success, it's bad for business. The easiest thing to do is pretend like none of those teams are as good as Arkansas (who is also incredibly boring to watch on top of not being that good), so people continue to only pay attention to the SEC.

It's common sense, and it's basic math. Sorry those two things has the escaped with you. Perhaps the FGF is more your speed.

You made one big, and unfounded, leap there.

Sep 9, 2015, 12:07 PM

"That multi-billion dollar corporation wants to continue to get ratings and make money. The easiest way to do that is to have the SEC continue to be held in high regard."

You said it's basic math...that leap you made is not basic math. Unless you have numbers to back that up.

Higher ratings on SEC network = more money

Sep 9, 2015, 12:11 PM

That's not a great leap. And it is very basic math. $ when rating are good > $ when ratings suffer.

So getting higher ratings on one channel

Sep 9, 2015, 12:15 PM

Which probably gets 1/100th the viewership of the main channel, is their "easiest route to making money"? Interesting...

Considering their "main" channel

Sep 9, 2015, 12:20 PM

plays mostly SEC games, with B1G games and a few ACC games mixed in, that just proves the point even more. Oklahoma and Oregon play some games on Fox. Clemson plays games every year on the ACC network. Notre Dame plays on NBC a lot. ESPN wants those games to get low ratings. They'd rather have someone watch Arkansas vs Vanderbilt on ESPN2 than Oklahoma vs West Virginia on Fox.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Sep 9, 2015, 12:27 PM

I've always thought ESPN would rather carry SEC games because those schools have more football fans.

I'd like to point out that we kinda veered off into ESPN being pro-SEC. Maybe they are to an extent. But originally, we were talking about them being anti-Clemson. When I watch ESPN, I get more of the sense that they're pro-everyone. They're promoting the sport. This is just me personally as an someone who has no bias toward or against Clemson...but I think they get very good coverage on ESPN, actually. They have gone a long ways to promote the hill entrance, exciting players like Spiller and Watkins, etc. I do believe they have a vested interest in promoting teams that are interesting, and Clemson is definitely one of those.

Except they don't promote us

Sep 9, 2015, 1:03 PM

They spend more time talking about Arkansas and Texas A&M than they do talking about Clemson. And when they do talk about us, it's "can they get over the hump?" As if being the most consistent team in the nation for 4 years running, having nothing but 10 win seasons isn't having arrived already. And why? They would rather people tune in to watch LSU play on ESPN than us play on another network.

I guess I'm watching a different channel?***

Sep 9, 2015, 3:04 PM

LOL, same with Ohio State? Southern Cal?

Sep 9, 2015, 1:08 PM [ in reply to A lesson in capitalism ]

The SEC would do pretty well to be held in high regard with or without ESPN. I to think a lot of the praise heaped on the SEC is make others throughout the country hate them and get so many vieiwers to tune in to pull against them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's more stupid and arrogant?

Sep 9, 2015, 11:37 AM

Gamecock Fans and players....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2015, 11:46 AM

I'd say they're about equal.

I think you could argue #1 is more stupid because it's blatantly riding the coat tails of better teams. It's like a garbage man in Cambridge acting as if he's smart because he picks up the trash at Harvard & MIT.

#2 is more arrogant because it's so provincial and short-sighted. Small town America can be very insular and this is as perfect an example as there is.

2. I can't believe the hundreds of posts on here about

Sep 9, 2015, 11:50 AM

ESPN hating us. What utter nonsense.

ESPN is made up of hundreds of different voices.

It's obvious Clemson is brought up at all of the

Sep 9, 2015, 12:05 PM

company meetings. That's the only way all those different voices can have the same plan of attack.

Ahhh you two

Sep 9, 2015, 12:09 PM

make a cute couple.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

maybe they'll go full thelma & louise...

Sep 9, 2015, 12:17 PM

then board suicide together?

fingers crossed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just felt it move.***

Sep 9, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Ahhh you two ]

Sep 9, 2015, 12:24 PM

I suppose there are a number of teams that feel this way, but I can only speak from a Clemson fan's perspective. Even so, they do use the term "Clemsoning", which I highly doubt is a term of endearment. They are without a doubt SEC homers, and justifiably so. It is "simple math" and simple business. They make more money off of the SEC, especially when the SEC is doing well. The debate is over. It is true. They deliberately paint the SEC in a different light (they make excuses for SEC failures or poor performances, they compare the success of non-SEC teams as "SEC-esque," and they constantly promote that brand of football). It's makes perfect sense.

They define the SEC on the success of a few teams, while defining the others (esp. ACC) on the failures of a few teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my experience, just about every school has a large

Sep 9, 2015, 12:28 PM

segment of fans who think the media is biased against them. Clemson is far from unique in this regard.

***astute***

Sep 9, 2015, 4:04 PM

f

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet you feel it necessary to single Clemson fans out

Sep 9, 2015, 4:31 PM [ in reply to In my experience, just about every school has a large ]

for something that is "far from unique" to Clemson.

Well, this is a board where people talk about Clemson...

Sep 9, 2015, 6:17 PM

About 50% of the time, anyway. :)

ESPN's use of "Clemsoning"...

Sep 9, 2015, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: What's more stupid and arrogant? ]

is not always directed against Clemson. I watch Sports Center all the time and see them using "Clemsoning" to refer to other teams, other sports or even individual tennis and golf players. They rarely use it referring directly to Clemson, so it's no conspiracy against Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they're just constantly associating choking

Sep 9, 2015, 5:15 PM

with our university. Nothing against Clemson at all. LOL

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All fall victim to ESPiN's plot.

Sep 9, 2015, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: What's more stupid and arrogant? ]

Whether it's those who love, support and live through all the teams in the conference or those who hate the SEC and watch to see them crash and burn, we all watch the games.

Right now I'm looking forward to season end to see a repeat of the SEC fans spending 8 months watching ESPiN excuse the failure of the SEC east teams to beat ACC rivals and the SEC west teams furnishing butt for all the other power five conferences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is too easy- Finebum etc gave holy praise to all but 2

Sep 9, 2015, 3:09 PM

in the SEC. Take a guess which 2 he trashed? I'll help: Vandy was 1 of the 2

Finebaum is the bestard child of Quark the Ferengi and...

Sep 9, 2015, 4:20 PM

Voyager's holographic doctor.

LEMME TELL U WHAT'S STUPID AND IGNANT COOT

Sep 9, 2015, 4:13 PM

YORE SCHOOL! THEY TOLE ME USC WAS THA BRIDGE PROGRAM TO CLEMSON WELL SOMEONE SHOOD CLOSE THAT DRAWBRIDGE!!!

SPUURRIR AINT GOT NO CLASS EITHER NOW TAKE THIS SMAKTALK TO GFF!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic