»
Topic: What’s going on with coronavirus in the Upstate?
Replies: 14   Last Post: Nov 15, 2020, 8:19 PM by: 3timeTiger
[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

What’s going on with coronavirus in the Upstate?

Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 3:37 PM

Over 1,600 cases in SC today and a huge portion coming from the Upstate area. Cases have been rising there for the past two weeks or so, all the way from Anderson to Spartanburg. Can’t be voting, school or football because those things are going on or have been occurring across the state. Greenville also expanded their mask ordinance last month. DHEC seems to have no clue about it even though they have some 700 contact tracers. I’m looking forward to Joe fixing this ASAP.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2020/11/12/how-many-new-sc-cases-today-latest-covid-info-thursday/6254153002/

https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/media/document/COVID-19_Case_and_Probable_Summary_11_14_2020.pdf

2021 orange level member

not enough circles on the ground to let people know

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 3:39 PM

where they belong

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Not enough neurons where they belong.***

Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 5:47 PM

Re: What’s going on with coronavirus in the Upstate?

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 6:38 PM

The trick is to wear even gayer looking masks.

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 6:55 PM

probably because the air is getting cooler and dryer, allowing viruses to stay airborne longer, just a guess. Some people call this cold and flu season. And 6 games in the top 25 postponed or cancelled today, so it is not just the upstate of SC. Enjoy Football while it lasts.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 6:56 PM

People are getting it and living. It’s just amazing.

2021 orange level member

and just passing it along to folks

Posted: Nov 15, 2020, 8:19 PM

willy nilly

nullbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 7:16 PM

No worries Biden has this day one. He said so himself.

I thought you told us that Covid was magically going away

Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 7:50 PM

after Nov. 3rd. What happened?

Re: I thought you told us that Covid was magically going away

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 9:44 PM

People are packing restaurants as if they had been stranded in the Andes after a plane crash and desperately need a change in the menu. They are packing bars as if Prohibition had just been lifted. Lots of folks still stroll down Main Street Greenville as though Covid was still in China only. The mantra seems to be, “sometimes, you just got to say ###.” I love Greenville. It’s a great place, but we seem to be hardheaded as Hel1.

2021 orange level member

Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 10:29 PM

I love Greenville too. I was thinking about going up there this coming week and over to Clemson to visit my kids.

It’s just frustrating the authorities can’t figure this stuff out. What do those 700 contact tracers actually do? I don’t think anyone contacted my daughter’s roommates when they tested positive. It was pretty much on them to self quarantine.

I’m just trying to figure out what might be different up there. Restaurants are packed down here in Cootlumbia as well and were packed when I was in Charleston a month ago. Also, the Coots seem to have an out of control party broken up every weekend here.

Maybe it is the less humid air up that way as Balm said. I just didn’t think the weather had varied much across the state in the past month.

2021 orange level member

No one ever contacted me after my positive

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 10:42 PM

not one person. They are taking numbers at restaurants for contact tracing. Bullshizz they are just data mining

2021 orange level member

[1]
Posted: Nov 15, 2020, 9:13 AM

T3Tiger® said:

I love Greenville too. I was thinking about going up there this coming week and over to Clemson to visit my kids.

It’s just frustrating the authorities can’t figure this stuff out. What do those 700 contact tracers actually do? I don’t think anyone contacted my daughter’s roommates when they tested positive. It was pretty much on them to self quarantine.

I’m just trying to figure out what might be different up there. Restaurants are packed down here in Cootlumbia as well and were packed when I was in Charleston a month ago. Also, the Coots seem to have an out of control party broken up every weekend here.

Maybe it is the less humid air up that way as Balm said. I just didn’t think the weather had varied much across the state in the past month.

I guess part of the numbers relates to sheer population size. Greenville County has almost 100K more people than the next most populous county Richland. That doesn't explain it all certainly. My buds still in the medical field tell me that a lot of the cases are coming from the Hispanic community where often many people are living in one dwelling, but it's not like other counties don't have large Hispanic populations. I will ask my Infectious Disease physician neighbor what his theory is?

2021 orange level member

Posted: Nov 15, 2020, 12:19 PM

My daughter said the same thing about the Hispanics back in July. It doesn’t really show up that way in DHEC’s demographics but that’s two eyewitnesses now saying the same thing. There are a lot more in the Upstate for some reason. I guess because of more work opportunities.

2021 orange level member

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2020, 10:38 PM

stay away from dem restaurants

we drove up through NGeorgia to Ott NC today, ate some prepackaged food in the ingles parking lot lol

i have a bunch of relatives in Greenville, none have caught the chinese plague

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2021 Season Tickets for sale. The location is as followed: TD TDH R 17 TD TDH R 19 TD TDH R 21 The c...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
496 people have read this post