Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's a good way to make sure ACC football continues to be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

What's a good way to make sure ACC football continues to be

Aug 23, 2019, 7:18 AM

"Clemson and everybody else"? Well, start an ACC Network that screams "we're just a basketball conference."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's a good way to make sure ACC football continues to be

Aug 23, 2019, 7:25 AM

It also helps if FSU keeps hiring Head Coaches with overall losing records.

Aug 23, 2019, 7:37 AM

He's right... the ACCN is setup as basketball first , SECN will be the football network
...ESPN has it setup tht way...it was quite obvious watching them talk UNC and Duke basketball last night. I dont think this ACCN is much , I will watch as the season goes....

Aug 23, 2019, 7:44 AM

Think about if you are a recruit trying to decide where to play college football. It's August and you turn on the ACCN and they are talking all of the time about basketball. That would make me consider not playing football for the ACC. I'm not worried about Clemson. We've got two recent Natty's and don't have to worry about recruiting. But if you are a middle-of-the-pack ACC football team, this is not going to help you convince young recruits that the ACC is the place to play football. If this were November, I would be fine with so much basketball talk. But basketball doesn't start for months.

Aug 23, 2019, 8:20 AM

Do kids these days ever turn on and watch real television? I have kids ranging from age 7 to 21, and I don't recall any of them turning on the tv and watching an actual station in years! It's all streaming, youtube, watch it now type programming. Maybe it is a bit different if you're a potential scholarship athlete, but I don't think teenagers are at all interested in listing to a 60 year old man with giant ears blabbering on about Alabama football (or Clemson football even) when an actual live football game is not being played.

Aug 23, 2019, 10:21 AM

Other than Clemson, exactly what other ACC football team is worth talking about right now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 10:27 AM

The studio side here is also notable. The release includes details for two studio shows, All ACC and The Huddle. All ACC will provide news and information across the ACC’s 27 sponsored sports, and it will be the first program to air on the new network, debuting Aug. 22 at 7 p.m. Eastern. After that, it will air on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights in the fall. Riggs is a host for that (as well as Jordan Cornett and Dalen Cuff), and it will feature a rotating cast of analysts.

Meanwhile, The Huddle will be a football show airing on Friday nights and Saturday mornings in the fall, and it will be hosted by Collinsworth with Eric Mac Lain, EJ Manuel and Richt (whose hire was announced back in April) as analysts. That adds to a busy fall for Collinsworth, who will also still be contributing features to Sunday NFL Countdown.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Aug 23, 2019, 11:20 AM

So what you’re saying is...the basketball studio show will be on 4 days a week, while the football show is only Friday night and Saturday morning (which no one will ever see because they’re watching College Gameday). Got it.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic