Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My youngest son is trying to kill me off.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 322

My youngest son is trying to kill me off.

Apr 12, 2019, 2:43 PM

He rushed in the door, got a pack of some frozen food (which I won't eat) out of the fridge and asked me to put it on my forehead so he could show his boss that he's over here trying to 'break my fever.'

It's Friday and he's effing off getting ready for fishing tomorrow. I feel guilty to have be a party to this crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw, man, this is rookie level stuff. If your willing to

Apr 12, 2019, 3:16 PM

help him in this endeavor at least teach him the right way to call in.

1. Never kill off a fictional relative (or real one for that matter). This is easily checkable and follow up expectations of wake/funeral/nice employer wanting to send flowers may come up.

Sammy Watkins. Never commit to a particular illness. You're not a doctor, you don't know what you have. Get too specific and they may want evidence of a doctors visit. Keep it vague and just sort of imply symptoms. Example: [calls boss] "Hey boss, I've been up all night and can't seem to keep anything down. You DEFINITELY don't want me to bring this into work."

C. When possible set up any future symptoms the previous day with a casual mention to boss or coworker of a MILD complimentary symptom. Stomach ache, head ache etc.

iv. Call in once during the day, explaining that you just woke up and you think your symptoms are improving. Ask how it's going without you and promise to catch up anything that's not covered on your next scheduled workday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naw, man, this is rookie level stuff. If your willing to

Apr 12, 2019, 3:21 PM

Triangle. Never go anywhere public in the same town where you might be spotted out. Co-worker goes to Best Buy to pick up 2 hard drives and a seat of Microsoft Office, and you are there testing out subwoofers...

excellent addition,

Apr 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

should obviously include not posting to social media or doing any activities that you may regale coworkers with stories of in the future.

I never called in sick to a job.

Apr 12, 2019, 4:19 PM

While working at G'ville City Hall removing asbestos and renovating the building the ex and I cleared some dense brush off our lot. We had a fire barrel to burn the stuff in. I'd cut some 1.5" diameter poison ivy off a beautiful, full oak which was had the stuff running 40' up the trunk. She decided to put the ivy in the barrel.

I looked like the elephant man my face was so deformed from walking through the smoke. I didn't miss a day's work but did go to the doctor for a yearly scheduled physical to comply with our company's policy for project managers.

I had a meeting with city managers, purchasing agent and the abatement consultant. Then a week later the city assistant attorney awarded me the city's most dedicated employee for that year. I still don't think it was a legitimate award but I did get a plaque.

I've always loved my jobs, if I didn't I'd quit and not hesitate. I'm way behind on excuses, maybe I can catch up by helping the kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you should do is go eat at Bugar King tonight

Apr 12, 2019, 3:19 PM

while his boss is working so he sees you're alright. That'll teach him a lesson about lying to get out of work.

Also about trusting his dad.

Win win.

I let him know straight up how distasteful lying and...

Apr 12, 2019, 4:21 PM

laying out of work on Fri afternoons is but this kid has more that half of law school under his belt and he thinks he's smart. I decided long ago to let life finish his education.

Replies: 6
| visibility 322
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic