Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What you guys think about this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

What you guys think about this?

Feb 15, 2016, 11:41 PM
image.jpeg(171.9 K)

I find it spot on!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What you guys think about this?

Feb 15, 2016, 11:43 PM

It doesn't make a bit of sense to me . Perhaps you can explain what this face is trying to tell people ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 15, 2016, 11:48 PM

If that's what you're confused about then Idk what his face has to do with anything bud...

Feb 15, 2016, 11:49 PM

No idea who that is . More specifically , the clamoring message is not clear as to what it is intended to convey , if anything at all .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 15, 2016, 11:51 PM

Is this about Cam Newton and his press conference ? Why would the Panthers have anything to do with racism and brutality ?

DB23

Feb 15, 2016, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: What you guys think about this? ]

His face or name has nothing to do with anything?

And he's speaking on Beyoncés halftime performance at the Super Bowl. A lot of people was offended by her performance bc they thought it was pro african America, and they say she was promoting BLACK PANTHERS, it offended so many people they had a protest about it...

Feb 15, 2016, 11:58 PM

Oh , I honestly read that into a football frame of mind . Because football board .
Don't care about Beyoncé or that hate group you're referencing , they both mean absolutely zero to me and always have .

DB23

Feb 16, 2016, 12:00 AM

No problem man. That's why I posted it in the amphitheatere... Hate group? Nah

Feb 16, 2016, 12:05 AM

Ok so who is the face , and is the quote attributed to him ?

DB23

Feb 16, 2016, 12:08 AM

His name is DL Hugeley man.. His quote attributes to anyone that had a problem with Beyoncé performance.

Feb 16, 2016, 12:21 AM

The comedian guy ? Didn't recognize him with the hat and sunglasses .
The only problem I have with Beyonce is that she sucks . He music is canned , her dance routines can be done by anyone and the idea that someone who sells themselves with little more than raw sexuality and pop music should have a political or social platform is preposterous to me .
Just tease that hair and shake that booty lady , let the smart people work out any injustices that you heard about from some guy in your " entourage " who watches tv and professes to know what's wrong with America .

DB23

Feb 16, 2016, 6:13 AM

> The comedian guy ? Didn't recognize him with the hat
> and sunglasses .
> The only problem I have with Beyonce is that she
> sucks . He music is canned , her dance routines can
> be done by anyone and the idea that someone who sells
> themselves with little more than raw sexuality and
> pop music should have a political or social platform
> is preposterous to me .
> Just tease that hair and shake that booty lady , let
> the smart people work out any injustices that you
> heard about from some guy in your " entourage " who
> watches tv and professes to know what's wrong with
> America .

TU for you, Tigedug23!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Re: What you guys think about this? ]

It takes a little bit more than looks to be worth close to a half a billion dollars. Don't be mad because the smarter "lady" are also more talented than you. It's ok.

Feb 16, 2016, 8:08 AM

You like Beyonce . That's fine .

I don't.

DB23

Feb 16, 2016, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: What you guys think about this? ]

Beyoncé is a thug. And halftime show sucked

Feb 16, 2016, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: What you guys think about this? ]

I will have to say I thought it was the worst Super Bowl halftime performance I ever saw, but that is JMO. She seemed to want to stir the pot to get attention, and it worked. Now more people know of her talent. I was not impressed, but I'm sure she appealed to some.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 9:05 AM

I think they need to stop the act-by-commitee at the Super Bowl , it mever flows and they mish-mash performers of different genres .
Have rock , have hip hop , have blues , have pop or country but leave it to 1 or 2 acts that go well together .
Coldplay and Beyonce and Bruno Mars made no sense at all , and it was cheezy as all get out when they tried to share the stage in the finale .

DB23

Feb 16, 2016, 8:08 PM

Cheezy is right. No kidding. It was the all time worst Superbowl halftime yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2016, 11:51 PM

All I see is another idiot keeping racism alive. It's really getting old.

Feb 15, 2016, 11:55 PM

Keeping it alive? It's alive and well my friend, it happens everyday. Hate to call you out your name, but maybe you're the idiot for thinking racism is dead??

Feb 16, 2016, 6:15 AM

Forever Clemson, you are correct, racism is not dead - just look at Al Shaprton and Jesse Jackson for proof!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 7:32 AM

You could not be more correct.

Yep. Blacks are racists just like some whites are. Not all,

Feb 16, 2016, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: What you guys think about this? ]

but some.....I for one, am sick and tired of all the people that act like white men have the market cornered on racism.

I agree and couldn't have said it any better...

Feb 16, 2016, 8:46 AM

+1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2016, 11:54 PM

Makes perfect sense to me. You could replace the panthers and racism with the United States and religious persecution and maybe it would connect with some of our confused brethren.

where do you think he got those specs?!?!***

Feb 15, 2016, 11:56 PM

Re: where do you think he got those specs?!?!***

Feb 15, 2016, 11:57 PM

Idk my friend. Inform me please.

Feb 16, 2016, 7:09 AM

I thought the Panthers formed bc the NFL was looking for an expansion team circa 1995. For the sake of adequacy, or perhaps parallelism, the Jaguars were also founded nearly at the same time with the two teams entering the league the same year.

I think it is a spoiled rich kid pandering to his target

Feb 16, 2016, 7:48 AM

audience. Got to sell tickets for the next show...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 8:54 AM

People seem to forget that Beyoncé has Caucasian in her....apparently she has forgotten that too

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 16, 2016, 9:04 AM

Sorry, I do not think the analogy is spot on, but let me work on it for you.

I do believe racism is a cancer on our society, and the civil rights movement was the treatment regiment of radiation and chemo whose negative side effects were necessary for the healing process. But the Panthers were and are not helpful. The Panthers are like your pals saying, “let’s just cut that #### out.” So they hold you down and cut into you trying to remove the tumor. Of course, that doesn't work, and now there is an infection spreading through your body in addition to the cancer.

Racism is a heart issue. Even if we could force behavioral change, the heart would still fester. The cure to racism is heart change, and that was the intent and greatest accomplishments of the peaceful efforts of the civil rights movement. The “by any means necessary” approach of the Panthers accomplished nothing but embittering the hearts of racists and providing perceived justification for their racist feelings.

Does racism still exist. Absolutely, and it will always be with us. But we've come a long way - to think otherwise is an offense to those who suffered to achieve what we have.

Weak and disjointed analogy. Not really worth a reply given

Feb 16, 2016, 9:44 AM

the lack of correlation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weak and disjointed analogy. Not really worth a reply given

Feb 16, 2016, 11:19 AM

To be honest it makes perfect sense to me. You guys are just tryna find ways around his statement. What is so confusing about it?

I seen some one say she was "stirring the pot" what is there to stir? Racism acts happen every single day! No matter if it's white on black, black on white, white on Hispanic, etc... It happens everyday, she's not stirring the pot. She's raising awareness in her music/performance.

I also seen someone say look at "Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson" you singled out one specific ethnic group?how bout we look at Dylan Roof. I don't think Al Sharpton or Jesse ever killed someone over the color of thei skin. That's who you should look at.

The ones that say she's trying to get attention or stirring the pot, you guys are apart of the problem and you don't even notice it. I mean, Donald Trump and his followers can say whatever they want about Hispanics and be racist towards them. Is the Trump race baiting? Or stirring the pot? Ask yourself that.

Beyoncé has over a million followers, so whatever she says will be heard... Since when did celebrities could not voice their opinion?

Feb 16, 2016, 11:55 AM

It's all well and good if she wants to use her celebrity to help those less fortunate that cannot help themselves. However, to do it by playing dress up and performing on a stage for people around the world is the incorrect way to do it.

Not to mention the fact that she has wealth and she does not have to worry about much when she lays her head down at night on her cushy bed in her nice house with the ability to have anything she wants. She doesn't deal with racism on a day to day basis and her putting on clothes to sing and dance isn't going to change anything, or bring anything to light to enact a change.

As a disclaimer about my statement on her wealth: I don't dislike her for being rich, however for her to play a victim is ludicrous, especially given that people of all races buy her songs and go to her concerts, not just African Americans.

Feb 16, 2016, 12:16 PM

Well I'm pretty sure the super bowl committee asked her to perform. That was the perfect platform to get her message out. I agree with you on one thing however, her performance is not gonna change racism in America you're right about that. Al, Jesse, our next president, our president 50 years from now will never change racism. It's here to stay, it's all about the parents at home and how they bring their kids up honestly.

I don't think she was playing victim bro. Why does everybody say African Americans play victim when they speak up on racism? I don't get it. She wasn't just talking about blacks, if you listen to the song she's actually talking about all of us.

The distinction between a goal and the tactics

Feb 16, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Weak and disjointed analogy. Not really worth a reply given ]

to achieve that goal is often missed or misunderstood. Many politicians and advocates use lofty goals to gain public support. The question is in the "how" or the tactics to achieve that goal. Do the proposed tactics achieve the lofty goal without creating greater harm to society - whether intended or unintended. (Albeit in most cases, politicians just yell lofty goals at the masses to arouse an emotional response.)

For example, the goal to end world hunger is an admirable, decent endeavor. But the tactics to achieve that goal is as or more important. Compare the tactics - which is worthy of support:
1) Increase the food supply and distribution is regions with malnourished populations.
2) Let the malnourished populations starve or kill them.
Both tactics could diminish world hunger. That example is somewhat ridiculous but it illustrates the point.

Raising awareness around racism and social injustice is also a goal of some sort - pretty weak in my opinion since "awareness of racism" is already very high. A stronger goal could be to improve race relations and decrease cases of social injustice. But what tactics are advocated or proposed to end racism and social injustice. On a tactical level, the original statement is unclear at best. At worst, it depends on what version of history is trusted.

Pretty much a rambling of a celebrity that is hard to connect to anything constructive.

Feb 16, 2016, 11:58 AM

I wholeheartedly agree!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic