Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Facts of Life: Tootie says secondary has to be more focused on team goals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Facts of Life: Tootie says secondary has to be more focused on team goals

Mar 22, 2016, 2:48 PM

Facts of Life: Tootie says secondary has to be more focused on team goals

Cordrea Tankersley is one of the leaders of a young Clemson secondary, and he took a big step towards becoming the main leader Monday evening when he addressed the Tigers’ poor secondary play at the end of last season. After all, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Facts of Life: Tootie says secondary has to be more focused on team goals

Mar 22, 2016, 2:52 PM

I like the way he thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, if I'm an opposing coach...

Mar 22, 2016, 2:56 PM

I test Clemsons secondary the whole game?

null

With our offense they will have to.***

Mar 22, 2016, 3:01 PM

See, that's exactly the problem

Mar 22, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to So, if I'm an opposing coach... ]

You won't ever be an opposing coach.

Or a coach in any regard, for that matter.

Good day Misses Scientist.

Re: See, that's exactly the problem

Mar 22, 2016, 6:56 PM

I agree but, I wish all the coots become coaches and coach their own coot teams. Sure win every year bc their to STUPID to do any job that requires thinking!!! This is how stupid they are, they actually believe or pretend to believe that Chump Champ can come into their school and win consistently as their legend Steve Spurrier did. And for them to believe a coach that couldn't win in "one of" the richest recruiting grounds in the country, and he failed there and got fired bc he couldn't win in that environment. The same environment that Spurrier won conference championships and a National championship at the same school Chump Champ was fired from. How in the h&ll do they expect Chump Champ to win at usuc with a hand full of SC recruits he may not get but a couple of after we are done picking what we want. The arrogance and total ignorance in that fan base is overwhelming!!! They are the same fan base that didn't want a thing to do with Chump Champ when their administration began their coaching search to replace Spurrier. But when their administration couldn't get any coach they wanted and went after, there was Chump Champ still standing at the door wanting the HC job at usuc bc he was a year removed of being fired from Florida. Nobody wanted Chump as a HC, not even the coots. And now the coot fan base is acting like Chump Champ was just the coach they wanted to get their program back to where Spurrier once had them. Coots, y'all are through dealing until another Legend is looking for a hobby that pays millions that your admin can hire, you are stuck with Chum Champ. !!! Remember what you idiots where saying about Dabo, well y'all got just what you were hoping and wanting Dabo to be. And remember Tigers telling you to be careful of what you say bc what goes around comes back around. Well, what you were calling and hoping for Dabo to be, all those names has landed right in your lap as Chump Champ, the HC that can't. Enjoy, cluck cluck!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. You just have to block the front seven long enough

Mar 22, 2016, 3:35 PM [ in reply to So, if I'm an opposing coach... ]

to get a WR open and deliver the ball. Simple.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And your QB is carried out on a stretcher LOL***

Mar 22, 2016, 3:50 PM [ in reply to So, if I'm an opposing coach... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you do against The Citadel?***

Mar 22, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to So, if I'm an opposing coach... ]

which cocklover

Mar 22, 2016, 6:17 PM [ in reply to So, if I'm an opposing coach... ]

Qb wants to test the tigers? Any of your BOYS, emphasis on boys, want to test tiger MEN? I guess you girls could try that. Meanwhile, your qb will be running for her life during this test. Should work out well for you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: which cocklover

Mar 22, 2016, 9:36 PM

Their women's BB don't have a QB lol!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, if I'm an opposing coach...

Mar 22, 2016, 7:33 PM [ in reply to So, if I'm an opposing coach... ]

Well, duh! You'd be an idiot if you didn't. But I like the fire in Tank - er, Tootie - looking forward to seeing our DBs play with the 'chip on their shoulder'!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: New Story: Facts of Life: Tootie says secondary has to be more focused on team goals

Mar 22, 2016, 3:00 PM

Nice article David. I think Tootie confirmed a couple of things we all thought about the play at the end of last season.

Tootie confirms it, two guys were looking ahead..

Mar 22, 2016, 3:10 PM

I defended them both, but I give credit to the posters who pointed this out (the ones who didn't go overboard with it), and while hoping this wasn't the case I acknowledge it as the reality.

oh, blair!

Mar 22, 2016, 3:52 PM

david hood, excellent headline!

I knew i liked Tank

Mar 22, 2016, 4:08 PM

telling it like it is! I think however that Mac played outstanding and wasn't thinking about his draft stock. I think he may be referring to the 2 safeties?? Either way I'm glad that he returned bc we will need him next year.

the coverage problem

Mar 22, 2016, 4:53 PM

wasn't all with the secondary. Those underneath routes that took advantage of our linebackers were a major problem and that is where a lot of the completions and yardage occurred. That is the number one thing to work on before the Auburn game! imo

Re: the coverage problem

Mar 22, 2016, 5:06 PM

that's true, and that started at Syracuse.

Re: I knew i liked Tank

Mar 22, 2016, 5:47 PM [ in reply to I knew i liked Tank ]

I agree in that I don't think Mac was thinking about his draft stock as he seemed to be 100% locked in...perhaps Green was a little bit but I don't think he was thinking of an early round draft pick until he closed the season playing as well as he did - so doubt his attention was diverted. Now I think it was obvious Kearse really fell off at the end of the year...it seemed like more than several times per game in the final stretch I was yelling at the TV cause it was clear he had given up on a play, wasn't giving full effort, and was essentially writing it in. And from the projected draft I've seen, he only hurt himself by doing so as he's now looking like a 3rd rounder at best.

Should be a lesson for the rest of them moving forward...finish the season, playing your best, there is no room to coast through and think you'll get a high draft pick. Unless however, you're Clowney...but then again we've all seen what a bust he is, and many of us saw that coming miles and miles away.

Honestly, I know TJ missed a couple of coverages in the Bama

Mar 22, 2016, 6:13 PM

game, but he played hard and threw it up in there on Henry too many times for me to say he jaked it even a little bit

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I knew i liked Tank

Mar 22, 2016, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I knew i liked Tank ]

Yes, Kearse displayed it that last td that the gamecocks got in the state rival game. Plus he refused make a all or nothing effort in trying to save that first Td in the national championship game. Rather than reach for the shoulder pads of a back of that type and size, he should have dive for dear life to save that Td, since he was the last guy. I don't know what TJ Green was thinking or playing on those two busted coverages on #88's Tds. Looked more like Lb than a safety. A lesson for this year secondary. Props to Tank for admitting the truth. We may wants to protect the unit. But we truely can say that the all in and all out effort was lost down the stretch and near the end of the season with Kearse and the mental breakdown by TJ in the NC game. I was shocked that Kearse didn't sent that small back from usc to the upper deck. He just flat out quite on the tackle. Early season he would have demolished that Rb. A lesson in the making if we truly willing to go All-In for another opportunity to try and win another National Championship.

Mac was banged up and wasn't in full form but our safety play

Mar 22, 2016, 7:04 PM

Was horrendous against the pass in the late stages of the season. It was like we were fielding completely different players. I really wanted both safeties to come back especially Jayron but now I'm not so sure if it wasn't for the better for both the players and Clemson. I'd rather have hungry young talent on the field than an unfocused freak all American athlete half arsing it. The Clown from USuCk being a prime example of this. The guy is without question a freak of nature with all the size, strength and athleticism to be great but his work ethic royally sucked and it has made him one of the biggest busts both at the collegiate level his junior year when his hype was insane and the NFL where many consider him to be the biggest bust of recent time.

So he pretty much confirmed what we all thought.

Mar 22, 2016, 8:27 PM

Jayron played "differently" the last, I'll say, 5 games.

Re: So he pretty much confirmed what we all thought.

Mar 22, 2016, 9:22 PM

Kearse was "Clowney-esque" the last half of the season...

Re: So he pretty much confirmed what we all thought.

Mar 22, 2016, 9:24 PM

IMHO his butt should have been to the bench last half of season

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2016, 9:13 PM

Tootsie you are correct!! Watch Kerse and Green in the bama game!! totally slack! Its like they just went thru the motions....

Re: New Story: Facts of Life: Tootie says secondary has to be more focused on team goals***

Mar 23, 2016, 9:20 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic