Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What would have happened if 2 point worked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,874

What would have happened if 2 point worked

Sep 30, 2019, 3:12 PM

If UNC would have gotten the two point conversion, here is what would have occurred:

1:14-kickoff to Ngata. He takes it two yards deep in end zone, cuts right at the 22, and is tripped up at the 33.

1:02- 1st and 10- screen to Etineine, goes for 8 yards, out of bounds

54 seconds- 2nd and 2 at 41- Lawrence goes for 20 yard out to Higgins, pass overthrown

45 second- 3rd and 2 at 41-Mack dials up a blitz. Lawrence is flushed to the right, but hits Ross at the UNC 48. He gets another 17 yards but stays in bounds.

33 seconds-Lawrence grounds ball to save clock

30 seconds- 2nd and 10 at 31. Similar to a play run in the Natty, all receivers clear out except for Rodgers. He runs a 8 yard in and catches the ball, then escapes from his man. Higgins is blocking in front, and Rodgers gets to the 10 yard line. Timeout Clemson

15 seconds-1st and goal at the 10. Ross runs a 5 yard out, Lawrence hits him, and he gets to the 3 yard line.

The Tigers are now in a perfect position. They have it at the 3 with 8 seconds to go and a timeout in their pocket. They can pass, then can run power, they can run Lawrence. The Clemson faithful are going crazy. Here's the play.

2nd and goal at 3 with 8 seconds-The play is to run Etinnee to the right, but Trevor decides to change the play to a QB counter like he ran earlier for a TD left. It's going to be wide open, and the team will soon be dancing in the locker room.
While barking out the play, however, Jackson Carmen jumps for our 7th false start in the game

5 YARD Penalty
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!
UNDER THE NEW RULE, THERE IS A 10 SECOND RUN OFF OF THE CLOCK.
FINAL SCORE-UNC 22 CLEMSON 21.

Now you tell me what is a more plausible scenario- the one that I just gave you, or the real life one that we have to stop a 2 point conversion to beat a team that we were favored by 4 touchdowns?

Quit screwing around every year with a 3 TD underdog or one day we are going to get burned!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Detailed post, but in reality...

Sep 30, 2019, 3:16 PM

T-Law drives us right down the field to the 20 yd line. Potter yanks a kick left and we lose.

Re: Detailed post, but in reality...

Sep 30, 2019, 3:19 PM

Very negative thinking.

Ha, I was joking. TLAW hits Higgins for TD on first play.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:28 PM

Would've been glorious to stick the knife in the tarholes hearts.

Re: What would have happened if 2 point worked

Sep 30, 2019, 3:16 PM

I was afraid it would come down to a late fg and another miss. We were lucky to not have that fumble on the 2 pt cariied over the goal. Fortunately there were lots of D guys there to stop it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 3:17 PM

Not quite. Remember that "timeout in our pocket"? Use it to avoid the run off. Potter comes in and hits the chip shot field goal......Ball Game!!! Tigers win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep! LOL- caught that immediately also

Sep 30, 2019, 4:08 PM

I don’t think the 10 second run off applies to a stopped clock situation - the clock was only going to start on the snap- I think we are just back 5 with clock still showing 8 and a TO left

Sep 30, 2019, 3:18 PM

If UNC got the 2 point conversion, the score would have been 22-21. If Clemson drove it deep into Tarhole territory Dabo would have trotted Potter out for a chip shot to win the game. Simple.

I am 100% sure we would have won.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:20 PM

BT comes through

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody seems to want to credit UNC in the least.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:24 PM

Sure, we could have played a lot better.

But, they could have played a lot worse.

UNC is not a bad team and they played really well.

They had a great game plan and they executed it.

They made breaks and they took advantage.

Bottom line ... we beat a good team playing their best.

We won.

Be happy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody seems to want to credit UNC in the least.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:30 PM

Agreed. They may not have the depth, but their front liners are good. And they are now coached by one of the best of all time. Also, Tarhole fans were really doing a great job to help their team. And....I don't think the Tigers played their best. All adds up to a close game.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:34 PM

I do not feel that Mack Brown would have kicked off to us. He was on house money and would have gone for the onside kick. We recover. Next play Trevor hits Ross over the middle and we score a touchdown.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:00 PM

Your post is evidence that you drink too much in
the middle of the day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How bout Venables is the best in the business and knows exactly what UNC will do

Sep 30, 2019, 4:19 PM

and stuffs the two point attempt. That’s exactly what happened. That’s what great teams and great coaches do to pull out wins even when they play like crap. We’ve done it time and time again the last few years. It’s not a coincidence so stop with the what ifs.

BTW why do you come around every once in a while to make stupid posts like just this?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,874
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic