Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was your favorite game of 2011 season and why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

What was your favorite game of 2011 season and why

Aug 28, 2012, 11:32 AM

For me, it was not the AU, FSU, or VT (twice). It has to be the Maryland game. That was amazing. I went from red faced spitting at the T.V. to pounding the floor in excitement, in my father and laws house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was your favorite game of 2011 season and why

Aug 28, 2012, 11:35 AM

Getting rid of cs after the orange bowl. I think the tigers are going to right the hip this year and the other teams will pay for all the !!"" we took during the off season. Every play will be payback!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT Part Deux

Aug 28, 2012, 11:35 AM

Waited 20 years for that one!

Missed most of it, as did a lot of people in Clemson!***

Aug 28, 2012, 11:36 AM

what a shame! I was in Charlotte when a friend at home

Aug 28, 2012, 12:10 PM

texted me to see if I had power because he wanted to come see the game, said everybody in Clemson was without. I had re-record the game at 4 am because of it.

FSU

Aug 28, 2012, 11:37 AM

The way the stadium erupted after Rennie's sack was the greatest adrenaline high I've ever felt.

Re: FSU

Aug 28, 2012, 11:39 AM

I don't think I could speak in class until Thursday that week

Same***

Aug 28, 2012, 11:53 AM

Re: FSU

Aug 28, 2012, 12:57 PM [ in reply to FSU ]

This is the best I could find on video of the atmosphere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd7bISDb3Gw

AU

Aug 28, 2012, 11:41 AM

1) Wasn't expecting to win
2) AU was still on it's winning streak/national champions
3) We came oh so close to beating them in 2010
4) We were down 21-7 I believe at one point
5) Greatly increased expectations for the rest of the season after a disappointing 2010 season
6) It was a great game to be at, because of all the above

ACCCG. To make a turn around like that and curb stomp them

Aug 28, 2012, 11:43 AM

felt SOOOOOO good. i still remember the 06 and 07 whippings they gave us and to listen to everyone in the county give up on us and prove them wrong was great.

Re: ACCCG. To make a turn around like that and curb stomp them

Aug 28, 2012, 11:50 AM

I'm so jacked up. I can't wait. I honestly see big things for us this year. Never in my life have I been so confident about a football team. Having a coach knowing he has greatness in his team and the goals are championships of all levels......... I'm ALL IN! Don't know why it took this long but I can't wait.

Re: ACCCG. To make a turn around like that and curb stomp them

Aug 28, 2012, 11:51 AM [ in reply to ACCCG. To make a turn around like that and curb stomp them ]

Totally agree. I remember turning on the TV with a pit in my stomach... and then all of that was lifted around the start of the 3rd quarter. It was the best for me because of how much my mood changed throughout that game (and we came home with a trophy).

Second would be the Auburn comback in DV, third would be the last play of the FSU game, and 4th would be the maryland game.

Re: What was your favorite game of 2011 season and why

Aug 28, 2012, 11:53 AM

ACCCG for me. Waited 20 years to see that again. It was such a great feeling walking out of Panthers stadium chanting giving high fives to total strangers.

FSU was a close second, that sack at the end of the game was as loud as I have ever heard Death Valley. What a great feeling.

The Orange Bowl.

Aug 28, 2012, 11:59 AM

Had it not been for that beat down we took Kevin Steele would still be DC and we'd have another year of busted coverages and QBs scrambling for 30 yard runs to look forward to.

Re: The Orange Bowl.

Aug 28, 2012, 12:03 PM

I don't care how much it might help us in the long run, you NEVER celebrate a Clemson loss.

You don't know for sure that Steele wasn't on his way out anyway (some have conjectured that he was told he would be fired before the game), and there's no telling how much good a win in that game could've done for our program.

We win our first ACC championship in 20 years and we have people celebrating a loss. Geeze.

Re: The Orange Bowl.

Aug 28, 2012, 12:30 PM

Yeah I don't agree with a loss there either. I'm not sure if he was serious about the game, just happy to see KS go. Plus, if we won the BCS Orange Bowl then even if he was here for another year, maybe it could had worked out. You never know, I was as happy as the next guy to see him go, but lets not forget the man helped us win the ACC championship in pure domination style and he had one of the best defenses in the nation in 2010. Just saying we win that game and there is no telling what we would have present day.

Maryland was very exciting, but being at the ACCCG

Aug 28, 2012, 12:56 PM

playing VT was the most fun I have had at a game. We had like 15 ppl go and all sit together had a lot to do with it, but the whole section we were sitting in didnt stop with the Clemson chants

sry i didnt mean to reply to yall's response***

Aug 28, 2012, 12:57 PM

VT in the regular season

Aug 28, 2012, 12:46 PM

Just the feeling of knowing you're boys just beat the defending national champions, defending Atlantic champions, and defending ACC champions all in a 3 week span was amazing. That was definitely our high point last year. FSU game comes in a close second, for those who were there know dv was rockin, the noise after the rennie sack was unbelievable, and my favorite moment was "we will rock you." it seemed as if all 80000 were singing it and it felt oh so good

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic