Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ?

Aug 25, 2015, 7:16 PM

Mine would be the TCU game a few years back. Man was that a long all day downpour! I remember the steps of the stadium looking like waterfalls. And, we got screwed by the officials a few times that day. It costs us the game. I was so mad going home that day.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ?

Aug 25, 2015, 7:18 PM

I was at TCU. I dont remember any rain. Now it poured for a GT game. Do you mean that one perhaps?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2015, 7:22 PM

No it was TCU. It was CJs last year I believe. Redheaded Andy Dalton ran the zone read all over us that day. Steele just didn't know how to scheme for a running QB. Bless his heart.

It rained all day, but really came down in the second half. That was the year it rained all home games but one.

Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ? OK

Aug 25, 2015, 7:24 PM

clearly I must have had more to drink than you that day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2015, 7:26 PM

Lol, I guess. I sat right behind the tcu fans in section T. Got so tired of hearing TCU...TCU!

Aug 25, 2015, 7:29 PM

The GT game by far...remember just taking socks and shoes off

Aug 25, 2015, 10:00 PM

Uva game 93 or 94_I believe. Rained steady all day. My seats were looking mighty soaked with all my friends in them. Fortunate for me that day I was dating a girl whose dad had South stands club level. I was dry as could be. On the outside at least.......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2015, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ? ]

Georgia Tech 2003(?)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have been drunk as a skunk if you don't remember

Aug 25, 2015, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ? ]

the rain and RAIN DELAYS for the TCU game....

Heck, It rained just about every home game that year. Lot 2

Aug 25, 2015, 7:28 PM

was a mudhole!

Re: You must have been drunk as a skunk if you don't remember

Aug 25, 2015, 7:31 PM [ in reply to You must have been drunk as a skunk if you don't remember ]

changing handle to Pepe Le Pew

I don't remember any rain delays in that game

Aug 25, 2015, 8:11 PM [ in reply to You must have been drunk as a skunk if you don't remember ]

but I do remember them for the BC game that year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So BC was the one with all the lightning delays?***

Aug 25, 2015, 11:15 PM

Yeah, weirdly enough, because the rain for TCU was worse

Aug 26, 2015, 1:06 AM

It poured all day for that TCU game but I guess there was no thunder close enough to delay the game. The BC game on the other hand, started off as a beautiful, perfect sunny day in Death Valley until all of a sudden there was a thunderstorm.

GO TIGERS

Aug 25, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ? ]

I recall the TCU game. It rained at the half and into the second half. The worst was a Ga. Tech game when Bowden was coach. Everyone got wet despite our best efforts to stay dry, The upper deck was a torrent!

Go Tigers!

If you were at the TCU game...

Aug 25, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ? ]

and you DON'T remember the rain, then you seriously need to get checked out for Alzheimer's. It poured nearly the whole game, with the hardest rain on that last, failed drive. It rained a bunch that fall on Saturdays in Death Valley.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God it rained during that TCU game, pic linked in my post

Aug 26, 2015, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Re: What was the wettest game youve been to in D.V. ? ]

As you can see, it came down pretty hard. In fact, I remember there being a ton of empty seats in the North Upper Deck, probably only about 71,000 in attendance because of the weather.

Strangely though, as hard as it came down, there was no thunder so they didn't do any weather delays. The BC game earlier in the year was delayed twice in the second half.

GO TIGERS

I don't remember the yr, but I was at a game against Duke

Aug 25, 2015, 7:22 PM

when Tommy West was the coach and it poured most of the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was 97 or 98

Aug 25, 2015, 8:02 PM

I was a youngin for that one and yea that was a moist day. Didn't that game go into overtime?

It was '97 and that was Clemson's first ever OT game***

Aug 26, 2015, 1:06 AM

GO TIGERS

Aug 25, 2015, 7:30 PM

Definitely that TCU game...real tough loss that day

Aug 25, 2015, 7:33 PM

Yeah that was a tough loss to stomach, we pay them a million dollars to come into our house and beat us on a touchdown catch that didn't happen. The refs were extra incompetent that day. Thanks ACC.

that one game behind the truck at the tailgate...

Aug 25, 2015, 7:35 PM

Oh wait. That was at a USuCk game. ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it was at a Carolina Panthers game in a

Aug 25, 2015, 7:36 PM

Tropical Depression

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Actually it was at a Carolina Panthers game in a

Aug 25, 2015, 7:37 PM

Interesting. I didn't get out to any of those.

Re: Actually it was at a Carolina Panthers game in a

Aug 25, 2015, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Actually it was at a Carolina Panthers game in a ]

Yes. That was the worst weather of any sporting event I've ever attended. I think the panthers beat the giants like 9 to 6. Nothing but field goals.

Was that the year it rained every game?

Aug 25, 2015, 7:36 PM

I remember the GT game one year where the bottom of the hill was filling up with water. I'll take that over 100° weather anytime!

Aug 25, 2015, 7:37 PM

1963 UGA game.Rain and Hail,unreal 6-6 tie. I was a helpless Rat at the time.

Either TCU or Coastal Carolina for Homecoming in 09...

Aug 25, 2015, 7:39 PM

an interesting note about games in the 09 season... I believed it rained for 6 out of 7 saturdays for home games that year. The lone exception being the November FSU game. I was a freshman and thought I must have been cursed. I have never been to so many wet football games in one season.

Me too!

Aug 26, 2015, 12:31 AM

I was a freshman that year as well....FSU and the opener against MTSU were the only games it didn;t rain

I remember it even showered during MTSU game day....

Aug 26, 2015, 8:36 AM

not during the game, but at the tailgate beforehand it rained for a few minutes cause we all huddled under the tent.

Aug 25, 2015, 7:41 PM

That entire 2009 season has awful. It seems like every home game it poured, but the TCU game was BY FAR the worst. I had on blue jeans and remember walking back to the car, and I was completely drenched. No poncho or umbrella helped.

The Boston College game was pretty brutal. I made my poor mom sit in the stands through every lightning delay, and by the time it was all said and done we were the only people in our entire section. The people that sat next to us came the next week and said they saw us on tv when they got home.

No matter the weather, I can still say that I've never left a Clemson game early.

Aug 25, 2015, 7:43 PM

Don't remind me of that dumb TCU game. My phone got ruined inside of my "weatherproof" jacket. That was the best thing about that day.

Aug 25, 2015, 7:46 PM

1988 FSU "punt-rooskie" game was a soggy, rainy, heartbreaker

Aug 25, 2015, 7:50 PM

The FSU game in 1988. The water was so deep in the lots!!! Sucked to lose at the end on a trick play. Also brought to mind the most empty seats I ever witnessed in a game, the 1st home game after Hurricane Hugo in 1989. So many people couldn't get there from the low country.

FSU 88 puntrooskie....still hurts***

Aug 25, 2015, 7:59 PM

Georgia tech game back in the day

Aug 25, 2015, 8:00 PM

Eric Sampson int to win the game. It was a former hurricane that had move over the stadium during the game. Sat in the upper deck thru it all

Aug 25, 2015, 8:06 PM

Wake don't know the year probably 2002 was poring TCU was bad to but the wake game cleared to stands

This needs to be moved to

Aug 25, 2015, 8:09 PM

The Lounge.

That's all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A GT game for sure. 98, 00, 02 ... can't recall ...

Aug 25, 2015, 8:10 PM

but we were soaked. Wore the full on boat rain gear to go in the stadium. It was FUN!!! So much fun!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was 02. We clinched the game with a late INT to

Aug 25, 2015, 8:11 PM

win 21-16 I think.

Here goes the game, and yes, it rained very hard. Still,...

Aug 25, 2015, 8:16 PM

I'm going with the 1993 game versus UNLV, where there was heavy rain, lightning, and even hail for awhile. The game was stopped for quite some time on that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0COobboB9Y

2002 GT game. We used to call that the monsoon game***

Aug 25, 2015, 8:10 PM

We had to stop a game for rain against Wake

Aug 25, 2015, 8:25 PM

maybe in the early 90s?

No question - GT 2002

Aug 25, 2015, 8:25 PM

There was so much rain there was about a foot of water (maybe more) on row A of the lower deck. I've seen rivers going down the steps at a few games but GT was the worst - and I stayed for the whole game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2015, 8:26 PM

Mine would be the one vs. Maryland possibly in 1970 or 1971. We sat thru an absolute downpour for hours to pull for CLEMSON to prevent us from being the worst team in the ACC that year. Both teams were winless in the ACC going into that game. We pulled it out I think. :)

Aug 25, 2015, 8:28 PM

Either Homecoming '77 ( I believe Va Tech) or Fla State '88

Count me in for GT 2002

Aug 25, 2015, 8:34 PM

That is the game that turned my orange overalls peach, and gave a white shirt some weird looking orange stripes. Great outcome to that one though.

Punt rooskie and it was cold***

Aug 25, 2015, 8:39 PM

Maryland - 1969 Frank Howard's last home game

Aug 25, 2015, 9:33 PM

Clemson won 40-0.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Parent day when one of my daughters was a freshman.

Aug 25, 2015, 9:34 PM

no pic, no chit and no comment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1993 opener...UNLV***

Aug 25, 2015, 9:38 PM

Early 1970's UNC

Aug 25, 2015, 9:45 PM

Don McCauley ran all over us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

GT ... there was a river running down the stairs

Aug 25, 2015, 9:57 PM

of the upper deck.

My wallet still hasn't dried out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TCU for sure

Aug 25, 2015, 11:47 PM

Long drive back to the camp site at Devils Fork State Park. Stopped in one of the few places that had power in Seneca to eat and was soaked. Just miserable, but still a better than the best day in Columbia.

TCU 2009***

Aug 26, 2015, 12:29 AM

1982 Spring game got cancelled in 3rd quarter due to storm....

Aug 26, 2015, 1:18 AM

only sub-5.0 forty I ever ran hot-footin' it when the lightning started popping.

Wettest game was GT 2002

Aug 26, 2015, 3:26 AM

Everybody in our tailgate stayed away from DV except me. I was soaked. Epic rain. Because of the temps being wet was OK.
Left a set of dry clothes in the vehicle. Went to Ag bldg and changed into dry for the ride home.

I remember that TCU game being bad

Aug 26, 2015, 5:15 AM

But I thought it was the BC game thst year that there was a 2 hour or so delay in the middle of the game. Was that the TCU game?

UVA's first win in Death Valley

Aug 26, 2015, 7:26 AM

Might not have been the rainiest but definitely added to the depression of that game.

Rainy slow grinder. Could Tommy West call another 1 yard run up the middle please.....

Aug 26, 2015, 7:33 AM

Virginia 1995, wettest and coldest I have ever been in my life. Wore shorts because it was still September. Boy did I get the temperature wrong. Had seats on the front row right behind our sidelines and the water was ankle deep.

Aug 26, 2015, 7:54 AM

I'm with you. TCU. It took two weeks for my shoes to dry out. In the sun and it was 70 degrees

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Another vote for GT '02. That whole season was rainy, and

Aug 26, 2015, 8:30 AM

that game was crazy. Sheets of rain non-stop. It was cascading down the bleachers.

null

GT 2002 A tropical storm passed over the area

Aug 26, 2015, 8:34 AM

I sat on the front row of the upperdeck. A chip bag clogged the drain on my aisle and water was up to mid shin before I unclogged it. Water poured down the stairs like a class 2 rapid. We tailgated at TTT before the game....drinking a few beers helped me tolerate the raisin like condition of my skin. I couldnt have been wetter if I'd jumped in Hartwell.

1972 vs. South Carolina

Aug 26, 2015, 8:39 AM

The Hill was a big mud puddle. At least Clemson won to salvage what was a bad year. 7-6. Anybody else at that game?

Aug 26, 2015, 9:09 AM

Bos

Aug 26, 2015, 9:09 AM

Bos

1980 SC game...sat under plastic on the hill***

Aug 26, 2015, 9:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic