Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was once Offensive Coordinator for Clemson. unofficially..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,851

I was once Offensive Coordinator for Clemson. unofficially..

Mar 6, 2013, 6:11 PM

For a few plays anyway. True Story. It was during the 2004 season and I had called in Tommy Bowden's radio show the Thursday night before the FSU game. I suggested a play that could take pressure off of Whitehurst bc our offensive line was struggling. Low and behold he tried the play several times and it was successful a couple times and one for 20+ yards. I didn't think much about it at the time bc I was caught up in the game, but then the following Sunday afternoon I watched the Tommy Bowden show on tv and they were showing the highlights and the 20+ yard play was on it. Bowden then proceeded to say that a caller on his radio show had suggested that play and to call back with more.

I know we all disliked Bowden but it was kinda cool seeing a play I called in a game on national tv then getting credit from the head coach during his post game show. Too bad we lost that game, but don't blame me I just called one play!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And here I was blaming Spence and Lovett....***

Mar 6, 2013, 6:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And here I was blaming Spence and Lovett....***

Mar 6, 2013, 6:35 PM

You blamed the right two!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spence wasn't OC in 04.

Mar 6, 2013, 7:52 PM

He didn't come in until 2005. His first game was the Texas A&M game.

What was the play?***

Mar 6, 2013, 7:06 PM

Re: What was the play?***

Mar 6, 2013, 7:58 PM

I originally asked him if they had planned to use Stuckey at qb bc he was more mobile. he said he was staying with Charlie so I suggested rolling charlie out to buy time and let wr's come open bc the pocket wasn't holding.

Brilliant! How did Bowden last so long?***

Mar 6, 2013, 9:56 PM

Re: What was the play?***

Mar 8, 2013, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: What was the play?*** ]

> I originally asked him if they had planned to use
> Stuckey at qb bc he was more mobile. he said he was
> staying with Charlie so I suggested rolling charlie
> out to buy time and let wr's come open bc the pocket
> wasn't holding.

Ok that's not a play!!!!

"Hey coach, you should roll out the QB and let the receivers get open!" "Thanks caller, that is brilliant"! "I know coach I play a ton of playstation and I roll my QB out when the D gets a ton of pressure and then, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, I run around until the receiver gets open, but this is the most important part; when the receiver gets open, I THROW HIM THE BALL!"

I am stunned they did not hire you!

I can hear it now, (CTB) "yeah this guy called in my radio show and told me that we should roll Whitehurst out of the pocket and let him wait until a receiver gets open and throw him the ball. I cannot believe that I have such brilliant armchair quarteback's." (ESPN) "Coach that is the best "play" i have ever heard of!!!!!"

Re: What was the play? I guess bubble screen***

Mar 6, 2013, 7:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a first...

Mar 6, 2013, 8:03 PM

I am impressed and depressed simultaneously with a post. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uncle Rico?

Mar 7, 2013, 10:18 PM

Back in ’82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.
If coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,851
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic