Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What the ACC needs is another Dabo and another CLEMSON.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

What the ACC needs is another Dabo and another CLEMSON.

Oct 12, 2019, 1:47 PM

All morning I have listened to sports radio. The teams that have received get most the of attention were LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, (overrated OSU), and Florida. Then you have Penn St. One sports analyst said he would cast his first place vote for the winner of the LSU or Florida game. Doesn’t believe CLEMSON is a top 5 team and he definitely is not sold on Alabama as the #1 ranked team.

I believe in Dabo and his staff. We are loaded with talent and we are a great team. I wonder if dominating the ACC can also have a negative affect. If week after week Clemson is favored by double digits do you think players can tend to lose focus and that hunger to be the best. To stay in the playoff conversation, for the rest of the season do we need to score enough points to cover the spread.

Do you think an undefeated Clemson team could be left out of the CFP’s?

The reason I feel we need another Dabo in the ACC is to boost the strength of our conference. Plus it gives the ACC a stronger reputation. FSU and Miami were supposed to do that but so far only FSU gave the ACC that boost.

Is it possible that we could go undefeated and be left out of the CFP’s. Especially if Oklahoma and Florida run the table. I doubt very seriously a 1 loss Bama team gets left out even though they are overrated.

What do you guys think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the ACC needs is another Dabo and another CLEMSON.

Oct 12, 2019, 1:55 PM

An undefeated Clemson team will not be left out. One week at a time. FOCUS. Got to beat the "noles today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fsu never needed another top acc team during

Oct 12, 2019, 2:01 PM

Bobby Bowden’s tenure and they did fine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fsu never needed another top acc team during

Oct 12, 2019, 2:16 PM

NC’s were determined differently back when Bowden’s FSU team than now. It’s not just wins and loses , it’s also who played, who you and by how much. Clemson lost a spot in the rankings because of a close win at NC. Now the point spread has become a factor. There are 2 many other factors used today. You never know what the committee will decide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the ACC needs is another Dabo and another CLEMSON.

Oct 12, 2019, 2:06 PM

Personally, i think Dabo aught to get off his high horse and do like "preacher-man" Bobby Bowden and kick ### and take names...It is better to be feared than for folks to "give them their A-game"...;

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t care about the rest of the ACC.

Oct 12, 2019, 2:10 PM

I prefer the easiest road possible to the playoffs for Clemson. I have no interest in facing another Dabo/Clemson along the way.

All of the chatter between now and the playoffs is just that - talk. It doesn’t matter one iota. I’m not concerned that we will ever be left out of the playoffs if we take care of business.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic