Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Apathy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Apathy

Apr 28, 2014, 8:11 AM

Apathy

Apathy
I was saddened this weekend by what I saw in all three games at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.

The baseball was bad at times but the bigger concern was the lack of energy in the facility.  In fact, I can remember only a few occasions where it was like what I saw this weekend.

I grew u

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Apathy

Apr 28, 2014, 8:18 AM

We had 4,500 fans. I'm not sure apathy is the problem. I think walks from our pitching staff and errors in the infield are the problem. At this point we just need to hang on and get a 5 seed and do something in the tournament.

Jack isn't going anywhere after this season. It'll likely be his call regard Coach Pep, and that's fine. Next year--with his contract ending in 2016--he'll have to be extended or fired at season's end. If this doesn't get better, it'll be the former.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Apathy - but it could be the ladder

Apr 28, 2014, 8:25 AM

if so would that be wrung? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Apathy - but it could be the ladder

Apr 28, 2014, 12:40 PM

we must get to the bottom of this...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Apathy ]

I HOPE HE RETIRES TO SAVE THE AGONY OF ANOTHER YEAR !THIS TEAM HAS NO ENERGY.

Apr 28, 2014, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Apathy ]

4500 reported. Probably around 3K to 3400 that were actually in seats. I remember when we used to sell out for almost every weekend ACC series.

Apr 28, 2014, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Apathy ]

Mickey is right, apathy is BECOMING a problem. And, what you are saying about next year etc. is probably also correct, which is why I and many others have no choice but to feel apathetic. There is little hope that the necessary changes will be made any time soon. Who can feel passionate when they don't see hope? Nobody. It will have to get ugly and nearly dead for change to take place unfortunately.

well, there ya go.***

Apr 28, 2014, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 28, 2014, 8:39 AM

Yep. :) Haaaahaaaaaa

Exactly my sentiments ...

Apr 28, 2014, 9:23 AM

Hardly worth the energy to get into the JL discussion.

I watched the Coot series and a few other very early games on TV. Very easy to see the team lacks confidence, energy, focus, execution, teamwork, spirit --- alas coaching. Really haven't followed the baseball team much since. It is a poor product.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly my sentiments ...

Apr 28, 2014, 9:35 AM

One of the reasons for less energy in the stands started when
all of the students were moved to the left field bleachers.
The core of energy behind the plate and dugouts is now gone.
Sometimes we older adults need the energy of youth to help
us get energized. Bring some of the students back to the main grandstand.

Leggett should have been gone after 2008***

Apr 28, 2014, 9:31 AM

nm

According to T-Net baseball is not important...

Apr 28, 2014, 9:35 AM

...therefore we shouldn't waste time or effort discussing it. More football talk!!

I had a discussion with Mark Packer at the Esso Cleb the

Apr 28, 2014, 10:01 AM

last year of the Southern Fried Football tour and we had just lost a game. He said that "you know it's over for the coach when the fans are beyond getting mad" which is what he saw that day leaving the Valley. And Tommy's days were numbered as it turned out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never have I seen

Apr 28, 2014, 10:35 AM

as many empty seats as I saw Sunday for a weekend ACC series. Everyone I tailgate with, sit with, or see at the games feels the team is going through the motions which leads to fan apathy.

Yep!

Apr 28, 2014, 11:17 AM

I could have gone to the game yesterday. I had been to Friday's and Saturday's. But, I didn't feel the need to waste gas to go Sunday. That is sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

What should we do then? I'm confused

Apr 28, 2014, 10:57 AM

I was there Sat and Sunday, drove the 4 hrs from Charleston and bought an overpriced hotel room in Clemson. I came Sat to see Gossett and the kid delivered. Worth the price of admission. But its a TEAM sport and his teammates did not deliver. Sunday was just a disaster. So my question for Plyer's article is this: would you rather us scream and holler and berate Coach Leggett? I like Leggett, I think he's got a weak staff behind him personally. Corbin, O'Sullivan and Riginos were bigger losses than any of us realized. And he has not found replacements. Competition has gotten better, and the Game ##### have out-recruited us in our own back yard (Would someone give Clemson baseball a map to the Lowcountry? It's that area around Charleston that USC completely owns)
Yup, there's apathy. I think we're tired. We've lost , what 21 of 28 to SC, the CWS disasters, then there's the 5 in a row in that other sport. 90% of my wardrobe is orange and my truck looks like a billboard for Tiger Athletics. I wear orange to work on Fridays. I cheer for the Tigers, but I'm tired of being devastated by them. We have very little to "Roar" about in our own State. We are a better academic university and our campus is prettier! But I want to win ballgames, call me shallow.

Re: What should we do then? I'm confused

Apr 28, 2014, 11:45 AM

It has been so long since we won anything against our rivals and baseball for been the poster boy for recent futility.

Corbin and O'Sullivan may have been big losses

Apr 28, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to What should we do then? I'm confused ]

losing Riginos was addition by subtraction and we'd be better off if we'd lost him sooner.

Apr 28, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to What should we do then? I'm confused ]

Ditto here in Columbia! It is worst when you live near the arm pit!

Apr 28, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to What should we do then? I'm confused ]

I think that Tiger Nation as a whole would agree with you 100% about the loss of Sully and Corbin. Pep was a bad hire that will need correcting by seasons end, or Jack is done when his contact runs out. Every successful HC has really good assistants, and Jack struck out with Pep. Good bosses has to do what good bosses do. Hire people that make them look to be really smart!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Historically, that's when changes have been made.

Apr 28, 2014, 1:03 PM

When the fans finally say enough is enough.

Meh...who cares?;)***

Apr 28, 2014, 11:22 PM

Quite frankly enough is enough from Plyler

Sep 29, 2023, 3:49 PM

Every time a Clemson team disappoints he gets on the fans. Football, basketball or baseball. He never gets on a coach or player yet he's eager to jump all over hard working Clemson fans who aren't getting as jacked up about a losing team. I've seen Plyler at games and he's not some kinda super fan yeller. He needs to stop pointing the finger at the fans. It's beyond ridiculous.

Re: Quite frankly enough is enough from Plyler

Apr 29, 2014, 12:52 AM

Micky can only write about what someone else has told him about. Nothing original.

Re: Quite frankly enough is enough from Plyler

Apr 29, 2014, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Quite frankly enough is enough from Plyler ]

I think you took the article wrong. He is putting this on the team/program/players/coaches. Pretty much if the players and coaches do not care then why should the fans.

I don't take this as a shot at the fans at all.......the entire article is accurate

Yes, it is rare that I even post about baseball. I just

Apr 30, 2014, 5:06 PM

assume they are going to win 1 of 3 or 0 of 3, they are going to lost the half the mid-week games to lower division schools by surprisingly large scores, and they are going to be below FSU, Miami, UVA, UNC, GT, NC ST, and South Carolina. And if we beat a team one night, we probably get blown out by that same team the next. Clemson baseball has become Clemson soccer and the only thing that keeps them from becoming Clemson basketball is the fact that they have a history of championships.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic