Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fairfax County School system, still can't get their act
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 477

Fairfax County School system, still can't get their act

Apr 21, 2020, 1:29 PM

together. The schools system, had no contingency plan and put all their eggs in one basket. Over a month after of no teacher lead instructions, they started last week for one day and cancelled the rest of the week, started again on monday with another fail and now they are going to plan F.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/following-distance-learning-problems-fairfax-county-public-schools-ends-use-of-blackboard-learn-24-7

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

What school district had a contingency plan for this?

Apr 21, 2020, 1:56 PM

They're not even attempting anything like that here because it is unfair to any students that do not have internet access. They are printing out 2 weeks of pencil and paper work that can be picked up and returned (or downloaded and emailed or otherwise returned to the teachers).

And per the state of SC, if any of this work is not turned in it cannot be held against a student. If it is turned in, the grade cannot lower the students existing grade. So it's all go through the motions busy work. If they complete it, it can raise their grade. So it's really just optional extra credit work.

I'd like to think that they are utilizing this time and upcoming time over the summer to come up with a plan for the future, but I doubt it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how many counties in the U.S. are in similar

Apr 21, 2020, 2:02 PM

situations? I’d guess most of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fairfax is one of the wealthiest counties in America.

Apr 21, 2020, 2:11 PM

They also put a lot of money into their schools. If they are screwing the pooch, it does not look good for the rest of America's dogs, I mean students.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and largest, they provided laptops and hotspots to all kids

Apr 21, 2020, 2:25 PM

who needs them for online teaching. Kids are back to using the "weakly" packets that a are mailed out with no requirement to return them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Replies: 4
| visibility 477
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic