Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad..only 2500 Bengal TiGERS left in the World (mostly in India)..while fewer Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Sad..only 2500 Bengal TiGERS left in the World (mostly in India)..while fewer Tigers

May 12, 2018, 9:02 PM

of other Tiger Species are left.

SAD!

Check out WWF-India to learn about & possibly donate to an organization founded in 1969 to promote & protect them.

Donations are 50% tax deductible.

Go TiGERS..Protect our Mascot!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad..only 2500 Bengal TiGERS left in the World (mostly in India)..while fewer Tigers

May 12, 2018, 9:16 PM

Haven't ever been to India ( mostly because I am accustomed to basic hygiene and not being a part of the menu ) ... but it is a certainty that the Tiger species ( all of them ) along with almost all of the larger cats around the world will be totally extinct by the end of this century ...if not sooner .

Like the great American thinker George Carlin said ... " WAY OVER 90% of all the living creatures that have EVER existed on this planet are extinct ...We didn't kill them all ... they're just going away ... and so are we " .

Tigers are so wonderful and such fascinating animals . Shame they had to see the rise of the space eating man-monkey .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Sad..only 2500 Bengal TiGERS left in the World (mostly in India)..while fewer Tigers

May 12, 2018, 9:22 PM

It is sad. Such a majestic animal needs to be protected. I would think the Lion has a far better chance than the Tiger based on habitat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2018, 9:27 PM

If you had your way there'd only B9Tigers left anyway . You one of them big game hunter dudes ? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 12, 2018, 10:07 PM

Let bygones be bygones. I did chase a skunk down going to the library one night. Sprayed him good!

May 12, 2018, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad..only 2500 Bengal TiGERS left in the World (mostly in India)..while fewer Tigers ]

Man-monkey will starve if only eating space.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 12, 2018, 10:45 PM

That is about the most profound sentiment I have seen uttered on here . Excellent work sir , and one opposable thumb at a 90 degree angle for you .

DB23

my sister worked with Tigers 4 Tigers

May 12, 2018, 9:54 PM

While at Clemson. She went to India and participated in a tiger conservation council that was attended by Indian Prime Minister Modi.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says here that populations are on the rise

May 12, 2018, 10:44 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/04/11/world/wild-tigers-rise-first-time-century-irpt/index.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Says here that populations are on the rise

May 12, 2018, 10:50 PM

Leave it to JBell to come in and disrupt a perfectly good pity-party with his alternative facts from the Todd Turner network ;)

DB23

Now you’ve done it.

May 12, 2018, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Says here that populations are on the rise ]

Now people will have to find another crisis to panic about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Now you’ve done it.

May 12, 2018, 11:59 PM

They're seemingly endless too ... It's as if the crisis breeds the amount of worried people it needs to be a crisis in the first place .

DB23

you do realize that their numbers rise due to

May 13, 2018, 8:34 AM

People paying attention and focusing on it as an issue right? It's the same thing as the American Bison, they were in danger a couple decades ago but conservation efforts have brought them back in strong numbers.

Now we've got Humpback whales coming out the wazoo.***

May 13, 2018, 12:48 PM

I have a Bengal Kitty

May 13, 2018, 5:25 AM

He's 18 months and weighs north of 22 pounds ;) He's about as docile as a coot football team.

Bengal cats are a blend of an Asian leopard and a domestic tabby

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I have a Bengal Kitty

May 13, 2018, 6:11 AM

Funny you mention that breed , gville76 ... I had the occasion to meet a family in Savannah GA a few years back who had one .
The cat would go swimming with their 2 children in the backyard pool , and he didn't seem to mind at all . One of the darndest things I have ever seen a cat do .

DB23

May 13, 2018, 10:48 AM

Yeah Dug they are very unique cats. Very personable and friendly - similar to a dog. Most do not get over 15 pounds - mine has far exceeded that! Haven't tried the swimming yet - maybe this summer ;)

May 14, 2018, 12:00 AM

Post a photo, please?i would love to see your cat.

Ask and you shall receive

May 14, 2018, 10:46 AM

Re: Ask and you shall receive

May 14, 2018, 11:02 AM

Beautiful, beautiful cat. Does he have a name?

Too bad about his drug problem....

Yeah, I'm trying to wean him off of the Benzo's

May 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

Just put the prescription bottle in for reference to his size

Tigers for Tigers - Tailgating for Tigers

May 13, 2018, 8:09 AM

Clemson students started the group Tigers for Tigers about 20 years ago to help combat this issue. Likewise, the actions of Clemson fans and other tiger schools have been responsible for helping to push for legislation to protect Tigers in teh wild, and therefore have played a pawsitive role in their increase - so we need to keep it up.

Here’s the youtube channel I do that helps promote those Tiger causes, and yes WWF is a great place for Clemson fans to donate to

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRSQBnDk1rJY8jMrZPq7eRQ Tailgating for Tigers Youtube Channe

What sad is the number of abortions

May 13, 2018, 8:17 AM

each...What sad is the number of people that die each day without knowing Jesus and are going to h*ll.

each...What sad is the number of people that die each day without knowing Jesus and are going to h*ll.

Re: What sad is the number of abortions

May 13, 2018, 8:47 AM

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties . Talk about a downer .

DB23

Entelodon and the Tasmanian Tiger are also extinct

May 13, 2018, 12:23 PM

sad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is why having a chicken for a Mascot makes far more

May 13, 2018, 12:58 PM

sense. you never have to worry about them going extinct.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2018, 10:51 AM

Have no fear. Genetic engineering is on the way. We'll soon be able to grow Tigers out of a petry dish and reprogram them to eat hay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic