Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What position does everyone expect RRIII to play?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

What position does everyone expect RRIII to play?

Jan 28, 2015, 2:43 PM

Is he going to replace Adam Humphries in some of his role? That's about where I see him, but I don't really have a clue where to use him best. I even see him in the wildcat. He's gonna be lightning so he will be a force to deal with on D. I'm not sure about punt returns though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What position does everyone expect RRIII to play?

Jan 28, 2015, 2:47 PM

He's expected to play Sammy Watkins' "2" receiver position where he's moved all over the field and also used some for jet sweeps, etc.

In talking to his dad....

Jan 28, 2015, 2:52 PM

They are not really sure where the coaches are thinking as of right now. R2M3 is even thinking about DB, as crazy as that sounds. But if he had his choice, he would rather be a running back than a receiver because it's the position he is used to. I kind of get the feeling he wants RB and then would try DB if RB doesn't work out. I think he would great as a slot guy..it will be interesting when August gets here to see where he winds up

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy cow

Jan 28, 2015, 3:09 PM

The fact that he's open to being a DB makes me so happy!

Maybe he can play both ways.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I bet you wish he goes both ways

Jan 28, 2015, 3:10 PM

But this isn't the 90s. That sort of thing doesn't happen on the football field anymore.

Re: I bet you wish he goes both ways

Jan 28, 2015, 3:11 PM

If he goes both ways, he would be full time DB and part time explosive playmaker! Booyah!

#oldschoolisback

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

So, like Devin Hester, but good?

Jan 28, 2015, 3:15 PM

I could get on board with that!

Re: I bet you wish he goes both ways

Jan 28, 2015, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I bet you wish he goes both ways ]

I think DB is where he would max out his potential.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, he has NFL upside as a corner.

Jan 28, 2015, 3:54 PM

I didn't know he was open to it.

Re: Yep, he has NFL upside as a corner.

Jan 28, 2015, 4:05 PM

would be fun to watch he and cain battle it out on the deep balls.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he's used at RB

Jan 28, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Holy cow ]

wonder how much they'll have to put on that frame. I was thinking slot.
Go Tigers!!

Maybe similar to Devin Hester - Dabo, Venables & Co-OC's

Jan 28, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to In talking to his dad.... ]

will work RR in several positions to find best fit AND how to get him to the NFL.

I see opportunities as return man early and then may find the field on both offense and defense. A lot may depend on how his body transforms in S&C and as it matures. As some suggest - if RR gets to a solid 195 - then similar future as RB to Andre Ellington.

But also remeber Ty Hill and Dexter McCleon who played DB in NFL but recruited as offensive skill guys ...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This is what I see happening. Seems like a lot of people

Jan 28, 2015, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: What position does everyone expect RRIII to play? ]

are under the impression he will be a RB; don't know where that idea came from. I think he was recruited strictly to be a WR, but may be used, like Sammy, a lot of different ways like you said. At 5'9", 175 lbs, he's just too small to be a RB at this level. Sammy is/was much bigger, at 6'1" and at least 205 lbs. Sure, he may on occasion carry the ball on a pitchout, end-around, or jet sweep, or maybe even in the backfield, but that doesn't make him a RB. I'm confident that at least 95% of the time he will line up in the slot or at wide-out. Just my two cents.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Ellington was 5'10" 170 coming out of H.S. He did

Jan 28, 2015, 3:06 PM

RS though, so he had time to put on weight. Don't see Ray Ray RSing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey - don't make me push you down!

Jan 28, 2015, 3:28 PM

Andre was small coming out, but didn't seem that small. He sure had the frame to carry 195-200. Heck, a year later as a RS Freshman, he was listed at 5-10 195! He sure packed it on that first year! I agree though, I'm not sure RR will ever be quite that heavy. I could be way off but I don't see him as anything but a WR, and don't expect him to RS either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Hey - don't make me push you down!

Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 PM

He could play corner, which I think would be his best position. His hips are unbelievable.

I know he's listed by some as an "Athlete" and can play

Jan 28, 2015, 3:35 PM

multiple positions, so I guess that's possible. It would seem to suit his size and skill set better than RB. However, I'm thinking an explosive playmaker like him would be better utilized with the ball in his hands. It's a good "problem" to have, and it will be fun to see how it shakes out.

- H. L. Mencken

Artavis Scott looks a good bit bigger than McCloud in the

Jan 28, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to ^This is what I see happening. Seems like a lot of people ]

photo from this past weekend. I can't imagine he could make the blocks on linebackers and defensive ends in the passing game or take the pounding between the tackles to be a running back. If you can't protect DeShaun Watson in the passing game, I can't see you getting a lot of playing time at that position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing when I saw that pic........

Jan 28, 2015, 3:32 PM

and what a great job our S&C staff did to get Tay to his present size because he sure didn't look like that coming out of high school. Hopefully they will do the same with Ray Ray

This ^^^^

Jan 28, 2015, 2:51 PM

He's best in space so I'd expect him at the 2 position as well. This is the reason he'll probably redshirt this year; going to be difficult to get on the field with Scott playing so well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's NOT gonna redshirt! Guy is too explosive!!! He'll

Jan 28, 2015, 2:53 PM

split time with Scott, or Scott will move over to Humphries position and they'll both be on the field at once!

Re: This ^^^^

Jan 28, 2015, 3:57 PM [ in reply to This ^^^^ ]

Are you kidding me? NO WAY he redshirts!!!!

Re: This ^^^^

Jan 28, 2015, 4:47 PM

I gotta agree TigerJohn, I don't see Ray-Ray redshirting. He is very much like De'Anthony Thomas of Oregon. Thomas was 5'9, 160 lbs out of highschool and played RB, WR and Special teams for Oregon. In 2011, as a freshman, he amassed 2235 all purpose yards and 18 touchdowns, in 2012 he had 1757 all purpose yards and 18 touchdowns. I see Ray-Ray as the spitting image of Thomas, fast, furious and illusive. Punt-returns, kickoffs, long pass, sweeps, counters, slants....this kid can do it all. I think he'll be with us for only 3 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he'll play the spot

Jan 28, 2015, 2:52 PM

Artavis Scott plays. You imagine alternating these guys? Then If I'm not mistaken Deon Cain will play the same spot that Charone plays. Then you'll have Mike Williams and Shandell and Travion Thompson in the "big Receiver" position! How deep is that?

Not to be a Negative Nancy,

Jan 28, 2015, 3:08 PM

but if he's going to be a speedster RB, does that hurt us with Feaster? He said PT was important.

I only want to hear from

@davidhood or Tiger Woods
Mascot [5208]
Joined 4 years ago
TigerPulse: 100%
on this one.

Doesn't hurt us in the least

Jan 28, 2015, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Not to be a Negative Nancy, ]

I've talked to Feaster's dad a lot over the last week or so, and I expect to hear something on a commitment at some point in the next week or two...will it be Clemson?? I love our chances

OMG Hood you are bringing the HEAT!***

Jan 28, 2015, 3:20 PM

INSIDE INFORMATION!!

Jan 28, 2015, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Doesn't hurt us in the least ]

I only trust people who have been doing this a while, though.

Hope your knee feels better. Kthanxbye.

Yeah I hope to one day get a feel for it....

Jan 28, 2015, 3:24 PM

True story

On NSD do we also get a story about

the knee? We're concerned. You're not going to take a medical RS next season, are you? Right now we're really only thin at punter and recruiting journalist.

He will be an excellent return man

among other things, of course

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's gonna play in the SLOT!!!! NOT RB, at least not

Jan 28, 2015, 3:15 PM

most of the time. And he WILL NOT redshirt! He's gonna play and play a lot! Cain might be the biggest playmaker long term though! More Up side!

Re: What position does everyone expect RRIII to play?

Jan 28, 2015, 3:18 PM

Streaking you have been around long enough to know that you can never tell where one of these high profile guys will end up or how well they will do. All these guys that are coming in have had great HS careers, but college is a total different story. In college they will play against the best players our opponents could recruit to their programs. In HS they played against what players the HS's have to make a team. Some big time HS players will continue to get better, and some will be overwhelmed by the bigger, taller, heavier, faster, stronger, and better skilled than what they were use to playing against. Take Vic for instance, he played RB in HS. At Clemson he has played a cple position, but he found his spot when Dabo talked him into playing DE where he has thrived. The kids we have coming for the most part are all good athletes. But we really don't know where they will find the spot for them to be the best they can be coming into the college level. But I do believe that our coaching staff will play them where they will have the best chance to succeed....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a story coming up either on NSD or after about...

Jan 28, 2015, 3:20 PM

Ray Ray's recruitment....and I can give you a small peek here...his dad said they committed to Dabo about three months before Ray Ray made the announcement on TV. He just wanted Ray Ray to make the summer trips and see other schools and visit camps and make sure, and they asked Coach Swinney to hold off but to know he was coming to Clemson unless otherwise told.

The Auburn and Alabama rumors? Bama showed up at his school the same day as Auburn, and both asked for a visit. He just told them he would think about it, but he was just being nice (he's a shy kid) and there was never ANYTHING to it.

As for all the Fla rumors....I've heard the Fla coaches planted a lot of those to try and cause a fracture between the family and Clemson. It obviously didn't happen.

AHHHHHHHHH!

Jan 28, 2015, 3:22 PM

Hood for PRESIDENT

What if I told you...

Jan 28, 2015, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I have a story coming up either on NSD or after about... ]

the recruitment of NFL Hall of Famer Ray Ray McCloud III was one for the ages. ESPN presents to you "The Recruitment of Ray Ray McCloud III"

I'm so glad this wild ride is coming to an end. Definitely one of the more memorable in recent history, then finding out that UF coaches planted stories to the media and he committed to Dabo 3 months before he announced. Wow.

Definitely looking forward to that story can't wait!

QB/WR he will throw himself 3 td passes vs Coots***

Jan 28, 2015, 3:26 PM

In my crazy imagination

I'd put him at KR, PR, kickoff, slot WR, RB, and Wildcat RB with Deon Cain at QB.

JUST PUT THE BALL IN RAY RAY'S HANDS.

I'm thinking nose tackle

Jan 28, 2015, 3:31 PM

if he can put on about 130 lbs.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic