Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, y'all forget the CFP takes 4 teams to ensure they actually have the 2 best?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,203

Folks, y'all forget the CFP takes 4 teams to ensure they actually have the 2 best?

Nov 28, 2018, 11:48 AM

The point is simply to have the 2 best teams in competition for the National Championship. I would say that goal has been achieved. Team #5 has no gripe.. they're 3 spots from being in the top 2!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Fair. A vast improvement over the BCS structure in that

Nov 28, 2018, 11:51 AM

regard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks, y'all forget the CFP takes 4 teams to ensure they actually have the 2 best?

Nov 28, 2018, 12:10 PM

That’s what I’ve been saying too. A 4 tram playoff pretty much ensures we have the two best in there somewhere. If just miss it, then you clearly aren’t one of the two best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks, y'all forget the CFP takes 4 teams to ensure they actually have the 2 best?

Nov 28, 2018, 1:28 PM

yep...#5 is another loser to Clemson.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:32 PM

I’d disagree. There are years where a team starts slow and gels mid or even late season. I mean ND and Clemson have played worse schedules than Oklahoma and Ohio state. Maybe they are also undefeated if they player either one of our schedules?

Also, assuming the playoff was locked right now, are you saying you’re certain that Ohio State is Oklahoma couldn’t win the playoff?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes college awesome is that you have

Nov 28, 2018, 2:09 PM

a whole year to out together 12 complete 3-4 hour performances. Every game matters. If you gel late, you better find a way to win until you do. I can think of a team that didn't gel until mid season, and was even able to beat a top 15 team with their 3rd string qb! That team is going to the CFP.

It doesn't matter who can win it at the end of the year. It matters who performed all season to put thenselves into position to win it all.

As far as schedules, well, it takes luck to make it too. Two years ago, Clemson made it with the most difficult schedule of the contenders. This year, Clemson and ND scheduled for success, but opponents didn't hold up their end. So it goes.. but if either has a loss, they are probably jumped. They both won, so they (assuming we beat Pitt), are in.

I do think the big 12 is better than the big 10, but whatever. Maybe those teams would both be undefeated with Clemson's sched, or maybe they'd both have lost in College Station or Chestnut Hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Or if they were down to THEIR

Nov 28, 2018, 2:12 PM

3rd-string QB, they'd have been juiced by the 'Cuse!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,203
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic