Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What it would be like to Coach The Citadel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,139

What it would be like to Coach The Citadel

Nov 23, 2015, 1:27 AM

Some thoughts while watching the comedy show... i mean football game late tonight.

It must be great coaching the Bulldogs. Don't have to worry about conditioning. They kick their ### before class even starts with PT. Don't have to worry about discipline issues. These guys are the most disciplined bunch in all of CFB. These guys are use to getting yelled at and being pushed to their limit. Hell they probably enjoy it!

What we are seeing is two completely different types of kids. On one hand you have undisciplined entitled mama boys. On the other hand you have hard nosed, die for their brother and country kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Well...the citadel is a military school......***

Nov 23, 2015, 1:29 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Military training and discipline...

Nov 23, 2015, 1:41 AM

...does not a champion football team make. The military academies are rarely a factor in the national picture but do REGULARLY cause all manner of troubles for those that are!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Military training and discipline...

Nov 23, 2015, 7:14 AM

You might want to check out our Naval Academy.....they seem to have fielded a pretty #### good football team!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Military training and discipline...

Nov 23, 2015, 7:26 AM

Some of us remember a time when that kind of 'training' could be found in Clemson South Carolina.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Military training and discipline...yep

Nov 23, 2015, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Military training and discipline... ]

AF too but for some reason the Army program cant seem to get going.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2015, 8:11 AM

So you are a his kid who can play some ball. In addition, you love your country and have always thought about joining th service. Finally, you can also read. You decide you would like to try a federal service academy. You could go to Maryland, where they have four seasons a year, Colorado with a landscape very few get to enjoy, or up state NY which is cold as hell and covered in snow for a good portion of the year. Which way are you headed?

It is difficult to recruit at a military school, especially one located in upstate NY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2015, 11:13 AM

I think it's harder to recruit to an academy that is sending it's stellar graduates to locations in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, etc. The Middle East has not been a Naval battle and the resistance in the air is minimal compared to "boots on the ground" spots. With that being said, there's a percentage of Marines leaving the Naval Academy for Middle East locations. If you are going to an academy and you are a student athlete, does this influence you? Look at the Army / Navy rivalry over the last ten years, not real close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,139
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic