Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the relationship with CU and Hooters/Naturally Fresh?***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,947

What is the relationship with CU and Hooters/Naturally Fresh?***

May 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the relationship with CU and Hooters/Naturally Fresh?***

May 11, 2013, 12:57 PM

the founder of hooters is a cu alum

Robert Brooks

May 11, 2013, 1:02 PM

He graduated from Clemson and has donated a lot of money. The Brooks Center for the Performing Arts is named after him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yep, Robert died after operation & wife ceased his big gift

May 11, 2013, 2:41 PM

giving to Clemson (I heard)..of which he had some big bucks outlined for future projects.

As many know he gave the score boards to the baseball team, soccer, etc.

RIP Robert Brooks! A Clemson Man Alway.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not good read on

May 11, 2013, 2:47 PM

Since Brooks death I do not know. I noticed there is much less about those products now at Death Valley. Also his widow gave a substantial gift to that USuc. Perhaps someone can comment if there was a parting of ways.

Re: Not good read on

May 11, 2013, 3:37 PM

I am not sure exactly what happened after his death but I do know that his new young wife and his ex wife and sons became involved in an ugly settlement. They company has been sold to a group of investors from Chicago and I believe that the war continues among the heirs.

Re: Not good read on

May 11, 2013, 3:56 PM

I just read up. The investment company (Chanticleer Holdings) that now runs Hooters is run by Coastal Carolina grads.

Clemson inherited 10% of the company

May 11, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Not good read on ]

when Colby Brooks died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coby_G._Brooks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson inherited 10% of the company

May 13, 2013, 6:54 AM

When did he die? That is news to me and I try to keep up with all the 'goings on'!

Robert Howell Brooks (1937-2006)

May 13, 2013, 7:13 AM

"Robert Howell Brooks is a man whose philanthropy and love of Clemson University inspired to him to give generously to his alma mater. His $2.5 million dollar gift established the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts has enable hundreds of thousands of patrons to experience world-class performances, and given countless students the opportunity to pursue their artistic passion."

"Mr. Brooks took his place in a long line of Clemson philanthropists dating back to the original gift of Thomas Green Clemson to the state of South Carolina. Mr. Clemson gave so that the youth of South Carolina could receive a quality education, and W. B. Camp, a beneficiary of Mr. Clemson’s vision, also gave so that students like Robert Brooks could afford to attend Clemson University. Mr. Brooks made the most of the scholarship that Mr. Camp provided for him, and he honored this tradition of generosity with many contributions to the university. His legacy is intertwined with the generations that preceded him and stands to inspire those who follow."

"Born in 1937, Robert Brooks grew up on a farm in Loris, South Carolina. As a child working on the family farm, he never envisioned that he would become revolutionary in the food-service industry; however, he eventually founded Naturally Fresh, Inc. and became the chairman of Hooters of America, Inc., when he purchased the franchise rights to the restaurant chain. Both companies are highly successful Atlanta-based corporations well known for innovation.
Mr. Brooks developed a strong work ethic as a result of his rural background and earned a degree in Dairy Science at Clemson University in 1960. After an internship in Gastonia, North Carolina, Mr. Brooks moved on to a sales job at a dairy plant in Rock Hill, South Carolina."

"In 1961, he joined a food processing company in Atlanta as a sales engineer before serving active duty in the United States Army during the Berlin Crisis. After his military service, Mr. Brooks joined a food formula company in Philadelphia and saved to pursue his dream of becoming an entrepreneur."

"Mr. Brooks formed Eastern Foods in 1966 and combined his dairy background and entrepreneurial drive developed the first non-dairy creamer in 1967, which primarily served the airline industry. Over time, Eastern Foods began to focus on a more diverse food business. Now known as Naturally Fresh, the company boasts such brands as Jackaroo Meat Sauces, Naturally Fresh dressings, sauces, and dips."

"In 1984, he began an association with Hooters, a casual beach-themed restaurant chain. Mr. Brooks’ division Hooters of America, Inc. controlled the developmental rights to the concept and quadrupled sales from 1990 through 1995. In April 2001, he consolidated the Hooters concept with the purchase of the trademark from its founders, enabling him to have full control over all business decisions. Today, Hooters has revenue approaching $1 billion dollars annually with locations throughout the United States and around the world."

If anyone wants to read more about this Tiger
here are some links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Brooks

Robert H. Brooks, 69, Owner of Hooters Restaurant Chain, Is Dead ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/18/business/18brooks.html

Hardship at Hooters: Family Feud Drives CEO to Seek Investment ...
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/02/11/hardship-at-hooters-family-feud-drives-ceo-to-seek-...

Hooters gets new CEO, replacing son of company's founder | www ...
http://www.ajc.com/news/business/hooters-gets-new-ceo-replacing-son-of-companys-fou/nQK4b

Hooters: A Case Study "This thing has incredible legs," an early ...
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2003/09/01/348187/

Hooters Chairman Robert Brooks Found Dead at 69 | Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203901,00.html

with many more about him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Robert Howell Brooks (1937-2006)

May 13, 2013, 10:35 AM

This is the DAD. The son who inherited part of the company, Coby, is very much alive.

Apparently not close enough...or DV, LJ and DKS would

May 13, 2013, 8:57 AM

be overflowing with crowds after the free beer and glimpses at the lovely, young Hooters' ladies....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew you would eventually chime in on this thread related

May 13, 2013, 9:00 AM

to Hooters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

OWL...that hurt. Sometimes, your posts make me want to

May 13, 2013, 9:04 AM

screech...or hoot, depending on the tone, of course.

Hartins you always have the

May 13, 2013, 9:09 AM

breast posts. Whoops! I meant "best" posts :)

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,947
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic