Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the college football world's obsession with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

What is the college football world's obsession with

Aug 11, 2012, 11:45 AM

Logan Thomas? They are acting like it's Cam Newton's second coming, but our average defense shut him down last year...TWICE. The guy is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been wondering that since last year....

Aug 11, 2012, 11:48 AM

I mean if we shut him down twice, what does that say about him? But the media did this a few years back with Christian Ponder at FSU, and I never understood that one either.

Re: What is the college football world's obsession with

Aug 11, 2012, 11:52 AM

Our defense was average last year???

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point.***

Aug 11, 2012, 11:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: What is the college football world's obsession with

Aug 11, 2012, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the college football world's obsession with ]

that's being charitable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

VT and it's players consistently overrrated****

Aug 11, 2012, 11:52 AM

Re: VT and it's players consistently overrrated- Like FSU

Aug 11, 2012, 11:57 AM

who is their Heisman shoe-in this year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kid's a great athlete. Right now his QB play is...

Aug 11, 2012, 11:57 AM

below average at best. He just began practicing that position last fall. He had worked all summer as a WR.

Beamer got caught with his pants down and had to move Thomas to QB to have a chance to win a game or three.

I believe this kid will make a good college QB. He's big, strong and did a pretty good job last year considering the crippling lack of experience.

Someday, when that little light comes on in his head he is going to terrorize defenses. I hope it's after we beat him a couple more times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same reason the Chickens think Sammy Watkins is sorry

Aug 11, 2012, 12:02 PM

he had a bad game against them last year.

Same reason Clemson fans think Lattimore is overrated - he had like 50 yards rushing with 25 carries against our sorry defense in 2010.

Just because a player had a bad game (or two) against your team doesn't make him a bad player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same reason the Chickens think Sammy Watkins is sorry

Aug 11, 2012, 2:20 PM

Most Gamecock fans don't really think Sammy is a bad player. He's usually the only one they'll give props to.

I don't think any reasonable football fan thinks Lattimore is overrated either. And our defense was top 25 in the country in 2010...we had Daquan Bowers, Jarvis Jenkins, Brandon Thompson and Andre Branch as our d-line. We were tough against the run.

Logan Thomas isn't nearly as proven as Sammy and Lattimore. Not even close.

It's typical mindless, bandwagon parroting that somehow

Aug 11, 2012, 12:07 PM

passes for journalism and sports reporting these days. You know good and well that most of those who are hyping Thomas have never seen him play more than once or twice on tv, if that; and there is certainly nothing they could have seen there that would have led them to conclude that he is the best QB in the ACC. One obscure blogger proclaims Logan's greatness, then maybe one with a little bigger audience, then one of the slightly more mainstream guys wants to be the first to have said he's the best in the ACC, then, wanting to sound knowledgeable and not out of touch, EVERYBODY is parroting the same nonsense. Welcome to sports journalism in the internet age.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He has very slow read/reaction ability, his eyes lead his

Aug 11, 2012, 12:27 PM

passes, and his feet are clumsy in traffic. The only times he has broken off "good" runs are when giant lanes were opened for him by blockers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is more built for the NFL***

Aug 11, 2012, 2:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic