Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is it about Clemson that makes so many media
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,022

What is it about Clemson that makes so many media

Oct 7, 2015, 11:54 AM

Outlets dislike us? I mean it's not as if we are as notorious as FSU, not as arrogant and smug as Notre Dame and most of the "blue bloods" in the SEC? I'm not citing eSECpn bias here, even though it is very obvious it exists after this weeks top 11 tweet, but CBS, NBC, Telemuendo, You name it, they've belittled and ridiculed our team, our players/coaches and our University. Since a lot of you tell me I'm a moron or an idiot I thought I'd ask you smart people what you think is the reason we are one of America's favorite whippin' boy?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is it about Clemson that makes so many media

Oct 7, 2015, 11:59 AM

we run a clean program, the ACC except for the thugs at FSU is considered weak, Dabo is an unashamed Christian, probably some others...

They jelly our swag.

Oct 7, 2015, 12:02 PM

And Dabo's dance moves IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Oct 7, 2015, 12:03 PM

links to belittled and ridiculed our team, our players/coaches and our University?

tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Oct 7, 2015, 12:06 PM

I am of the opinion that it is out of pure jealousy. We have been successful improving our program beating national "powers" all while improving the skillsets of the players, giving them an education, disciplining or dismissing players and helping the players become mature, productive human beings. I am a die-hard NY Yankee fan and most non NY fans didnt like Jeter because he played hard, conducted himself professionally both on and off the field just like Clemson football players do.

Most non Yankees love Jeter, what are you talking about??***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:47 PM

Most Yankee fans don't hear

Oct 7, 2015, 12:52 PM

what non-Yankee fans but Boston fans say. Other than that, I don't think there was real sports hate for Jeter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a confessed Yankee hater

Oct 7, 2015, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What is it about Clemson that makes so many media ]

I love Jeter. Most Yankee haters do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty simple...

Oct 7, 2015, 12:08 PM

We don't have a journalism degree. Other schools have a journalism school that churns out graduates that write nothing but puff pieces about their beloved Alma maters.
Check out the SC and GA papers and local news, rarely is anything more than a puff piece for the gamecocks or bulldogs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so sure I'm buying the orange headed

Oct 7, 2015, 12:34 PM

stepchild complex...at least not to the degree some on here portray.

However, I will say that CDS put the media on notice that he will call them out if they go too far (i.e. The Lugubrious incident). The way Dabo got over on Aaron Taylor was masterful. Dabo first slammed the dude ... "I don't even know who Aaron Taylor is..." Then Dabo set the situation up where CBS, a SEC affiliate, had to bring Dabo, an ACC Coach, on air for the follow-up. And Dabo shined in that interview. He reduced big All American domer Aaron Taylor to putty in his hands, yet did it in such a humble way and awe shucks way.

I'll betcha every analyst out there took notice too. They now know if they pile on Clemson too much Dabo might just cut them down to size too.

I don't think anybody dislikes anybody.

Oct 7, 2015, 12:39 PM

Obviously, ESPiN is in bed with the SEC they share profits in a network. I think everybody ignored Clemson this season. Who's gonna watch the first two games against Wolford and App State? Most of the guys probably didn't see our UL game for working.

Now ESPiN/SEC incest? We can talk about that all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They hate us

Oct 7, 2015, 12:41 PM

Cuz they ain't us.

It's because we aren't Tier 1 name school i.e. Alabama,

Oct 7, 2015, 12:45 PM

Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, Notre Dame...except for the fact that we've beaten almost all of those teams over the last 4-5 years. I believe it also has to do with the fact that we aren't a flagship state school. It's a name brand thing. We haven't truly broken through the proverbial ceiling yet. If we can get to the playoffs this year and not lose in blowout fashion we will start getting more national respect. The blowout losses to WVU and FSU in '13 hurt the perception of our program a bit. Our program's reputation is that of a scrappy upstart but not a national power like FSU, Alabama, etc. Until we achieve some of these loftier goals most media analysts will continue to take the intellectually lazy approach and consider us a cast off against the big name programs.

There is some merit to this. We aren't like TCU or Baylor

Oct 7, 2015, 12:56 PM

but we also don't have the trophy of the Bamas and FSUs of the world. We get some credit based on name, just not a ton. (See TB teams that should not have sniffed the top 25 but did)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, Herbie's kid is like 7. Why are you getting worked up

Oct 7, 2015, 12:54 PM

over that?

Oct 7, 2015, 1:01 PM

A lot of it has to do with as soon as they start giving Clemson some love. The Tigers come out and lay an egg.
So we will see how the Tigers handle it this go round. The last 2 times we were ranked this high, we got blasted by GT and FSU.

Oct 7, 2015, 1:05 PM

I imagine most people who live outside of South Carolina are still heavily influenced by the consistent under performing for 15 years before the recent success. It's part of what makes Dabo's building of a program so great: not just a flash in the pan but a consistent winner. It maybe slower than some fans like but the national perception of Clemson is coming around.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of northern guys

Oct 7, 2015, 1:13 PM

Who have accepted that southern teams have eclipsed the old traditional powers from their day.

Best they can do is act like it's contained to one conference: sec.
We are not in that container. Worse yet, we recently beat ND and OSU.

Easy: We're not SEC or BIG10

Oct 7, 2015, 1:14 PM

If we were, they'd be slobbering all over us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Problem is, other than the huge fan bases, the Big 10

Oct 7, 2015, 1:21 PM

really doesn't deserve love. Wisconsin and Michigan ST pretty much do what we do every year. OSU is the FSU equivalent, then, garbage.

Re: Problem is, other than the huge fan bases, the Big 10

Oct 7, 2015, 1:38 PM

Oh I agree...OSU and MSU are complete frauds this year...yet, they still get love. And suddenly, UF are world-beaters after they beat Ole Miss....whatever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

They don't dislike us.***

Oct 7, 2015, 1:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,022
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic