Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is an AGGiE? I know, I know!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

What is an AGGiE? I know, I know!

Sep 7, 2018, 8:44 AM

Basically it’s a sheep herding dog.

The current Ta&m mascot is named Reveille IX (Nicknamed “Miss Rev”) & is a full-blooded Collie.

Wait a minute..i just saw where it’s a Student..who’s a Farmer!

What..they have Taters too!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is an AGGiE? I know, I know!

Sep 7, 2018, 8:48 AM

Miss Rev is about the most beautiful real college team mascot there is. And if she barks in a class it is dismissed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 8:49 AM

The "A" in TAM probably stands for Agriculture, but not sure. I think we used to be an A&M, but I think the "M" was Mechanical instead of Military. So I guess a lot of taters. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Her website

Sep 7, 2018, 8:50 AM

https://reveille.tamu.edu/ does our Tiger have a website?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was a school kid

Sep 7, 2018, 8:59 AM

I used an Aggie for my taw to shoot at mibs and ducks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were both “Agricultural & Mechanical”. Obviously they still are.***

Sep 7, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: What is an AGGiE? I know, I know! ]

Google is our Friend

Sep 7, 2018, 8:56 AM

The first public institution of higher education in Texas, the school opened on October 4, 1876,[12] as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas under the provisions of the Morrill Land-Grant Acts. Originally, the college taught no classes in agriculture, instead concentrating on classical studies, languages, literature, and applied mathematics. After four years, students could attain degrees in scientific agriculture, civil and mechanical engineering, and language and literature.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

And now for a serious response...

Sep 7, 2018, 9:40 AM

Some schools that have roots in agricultural science have adopted the Aggie as their athletic mascot. What an Aggie is varies depending on the school. Texas A & M has a Collie dog named Reveille as it's mascot. Utah State University uses a bull which they call Big Blue. New Mexico State has a cowboy named Pistol Pete. "Aggie" is a slang word used to describe a student of agriculture.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 7, 2018, 10:06 AM

I do like the mascot and the cool tradition with her being part of campus life. Sure beats a chicken, copied and made up traditions that are 3 years old.

This weekend its Tiger food.***

Sep 7, 2018, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 10:56 AM

I’m really not sure exactly what an Aggie is, I just know that it’s not a chicken, it’s better than a chicken, it would dominate and possibly terminate a chicken.......and it would think that the chicken was delicious.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic