Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all

Apr 24, 2017, 9:01 PM

of us at Clemson? Just made the stupid news on prime time TV because of a cultural class mandate before running for student govt positions. That is absofreakinglutely stupid!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all

Apr 24, 2017, 9:04 PM

Yep. I saw that. Awful.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:58 PM

This has been tried to be pinned on Clemson several times. Not even considering the fact that we embrace the values of those like Swinney. He loves all those boys regardless of race, etc. He sows that on prime time. It's not just Dabo, I've met a lot of people through my work, that works with the players, it's not even a thing, and sure not a thing for me- never has been. There will always be people who try to bring it all back up again, but the fact is, they are not letting everyone try to move on. No one dis-respect to the hurts and pains of the past of certain ethnicities, but through the military, community service, religious organizations and even Football, we have found ways to build bridges for real positive communication on these subjects. These people that wrote this story are the one's trying to tear those bridges down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ssssshhhhh...Careful, or you will wake Balm and Queenie***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

This all falls on Clements. He needs to be fired!***

Apr 24, 2017, 9:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all comes from Taco Night at Harcombe

Apr 24, 2017, 9:25 PM

So much race hate wrapped in those crunchy tortillas

Re: It all comes from Taco Night at Harcombe

Apr 24, 2017, 9:31 PM

I like tacos as much as any juan

Apr 24, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to It all comes from Taco Night at Harcombe ]

Taco night was awesome! As was French Bread Pizza night.

My Dad always used to say "don't let the little people change your weather". :)

I love Tacos and I sure hope that doesn't offend anybody, especially my Irish/Italian/French/Native American/Scottish/Black Irish relatives!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 11:12 PM [ in reply to It all comes from Taco Night at Harcombe ]

I always loved pizza night and steak night.

The catering to the whiny minority is causing......

Apr 25, 2017, 1:52 PM [ in reply to This all falls on Clements. He needs to be fired!*** ]

a great deal of embarrassment for our fine University. Time to grow a pair and tell them to go elsewhere if they don't like it here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go tell that to Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins...

Apr 25, 2017, 3:21 PM

@kbtiger

Re: The catering to the whiny minority is causing......

Apr 25, 2017, 4:30 PM [ in reply to The catering to the whiny minority is causing...... ]

"In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority." - James Madison

Apr 24, 2017, 9:23 PM

If that's true that's stupid.

If that's true then students running for student gov't should be required to take a class about minority politics and it's negative effect on The United States.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 11:27 PM

Yeah, that Civil Rights Movement sure did have a negative effect. Oh, and that 19th Amendment...geez what a mistake that was.

I think you missed the point.***

Apr 25, 2017, 5:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 24, 2017, 9:43 PM

Details?

Apr 24, 2017, 9:47 PM

I don't know ### the OP is talking about, but it ain't football.

Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 PM

I saw that too. Some professor suggesting that students must take an understanding cultural minority something or other before being allowed to run for a school office at Clemson. All these ridiculous news stories are starting to make us look like Berkeley East.

Apr 24, 2017, 9:59 PM

Is this to ensure some basic understanding of diversity?

Diversity? Defined by whom?

Apr 26, 2017, 5:02 AM

Certainly not Merriam Webster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 9:55 PM

Agreed. Its a disgrace.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:08 PM

I have to take a class every year at Dell on diversity to remain an employee. What's the big deal?

If you can't see the big deal, the brainwashing has worked!***

Apr 24, 2017, 10:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All my experience and knowledge

Apr 24, 2017, 10:26 PM

tells me that we need to be aware of our tendencies to not fully appreciate others because of our biases or prejudices. What you call brainwashing I call honesty and enlightenment.

I'm also not really seeing the big deal with this

Apr 25, 2017, 1:34 PM

Clemson has very poor ethnic diversity. It's 83% white. It's not necessarily bad, it's just a fact.

A little diversity class to better govern ALL your student constituents (including the 17% minority) as an 18-22 year old seems appropriate and sensible.

Re: I'm also not really seeing the big deal with this

Apr 25, 2017, 4:29 PM

Race should not even ben a consideration when applying for college. It shouldn't even be asked on the application. Acceptance should be 100% based on grades, SAT/ACT, extracurricular activities, etc. The color of your skin should have no impact, positive or negative, on whether you're accepted to Clemson.

Re: I'm also not really seeing the big deal with this

Apr 25, 2017, 4:32 PM

That is the noble ideal to which this country has been striving for almost 250 years.

Not there yet tho.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

I think it is crazy. I am a Cherokee Indian and you do not need a class on how to treat me. Treat me the same way you want to be treated. Pretty simple really. I do not care if you say something out of ignorance about my culture. I look only at intent. If I am just hunting something to get puzzled off about, no class would keep you safe. A bunch of snow flakes in the minority community should just put their big boy pants on.

This is just a wee bit different from Corporate...

Apr 24, 2017, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

...Diversity Training. Any company concerned about ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce does that. I have no problem with that and understand why they do it. But this...

“So when it comes to this whole idea of intercultural competence, what would it look like to have a standard for if you’re going to be elected as an officer, or hold a seat within CUSG, that you have to demonstrate that you have a certain level of intercultural competence, before you’re allowed to take that office, or that seat,” Richardson stated, according to CUSG Senate’s public livestream.

"Intercultural competence"? Really? A litmus test to serve on the CU Student Government unless you think a certain way? Perhaps this should be extended to include all applicants to CU as a condition of acceptance? Pretty slippery slope in my opinion. And a disgrace.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Clemson isn't Dell, students aren't' employees.***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

Apr 24, 2017, 10:24 PM

Okay, I'll bite: I'm a liberal student that thinks introducing college students to how to function in a diverse culture is a good thing. A) why are you upset by this; are you or your kids students? B) why are you generalising liberals as "snot nosed" and "whiny"?
The one who sounds whiny is the one complaining on a unrelated, yet anonymous forum about something that doesn't seem to directly affect you.

A class will never teach you how to function in a diverse

Apr 24, 2017, 10:44 PM

culture. A class of this type, by design, only draws sharper lines and furthers the polarization of opinions.

If you need a class that shows you how to function diversely, then your parents, church, circle of friends, school and the rest of the formative environment have failed.

Indoctrination is alive and well in academia. The arena of diverse opinions and viewpoints is being wiped away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

You sound really afraid, dude. Chill. You'll live.***

Apr 24, 2017, 10:58 PM

A snowflake telling someone to chill?***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:06 PM

What is a snowflake?***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:12 PM

Re: What is a snowflake?***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:23 PM

people who look for reasons to be outraged, like to OP and some of the above posters. Always funny when they refer to others as snowflakes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Outrageous post has outraged me.***

Apr 25, 2017, 7:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Old "Rummy" characterization... Donald Rumsfeld...

Apr 25, 2017, 1:33 AM [ in reply to What is a snowflake?*** ]

A true disgrace.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A class will never teach you how to function in a diverse

Apr 25, 2017, 12:23 AM [ in reply to A class will never teach you how to function in a diverse ]

I attended a church every Sunday when growing up, and sometimes Sunday nights aND Wednesday nights. My ALL WHITE church did not teach me much about people from different backgrounds. Just saying.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that...

Apr 24, 2017, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

...teaching "college students how to function in a diverse culture" is a bad thing at all. I thought Liberals were all about free thought and speech. Unless, of course, it's opposed to their own thoughts and speech. See UC-Berkeley for a current event example. It's really sad, and a LOT of folks are really very tired of it. Myself included.

Here's a direct quote from the Professor...

“Well, it could happen before the democratic election process,” she answered. “If that is set by your Elections Board as a standard, then if you’re vetting the candidates who are running, then it can happen even before the democratic process takes place.”

"Even before the democratic process takes place." That is amazing. And scary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I don't think anyone is suggesting that...

Apr 24, 2017, 11:23 PM

Unfortunately, I think there are some here who are suggesting that. Yes, I agree with free speech, that doesn't mean that I can't disagree with whatever has been said and speak arguing against what has been said. I'm not trying to keep anyone from speaking their mind. Go ahead, but one has to live with the consequences of their speech and actions.
Here's the rub about student body elections, they're not truly democratic. If the administration wants to put in place a standard before "the democratic process" happens, that's their prerogative.

Disagree 100%. A comment such as this...

Apr 24, 2017, 11:43 PM

..."even before the democratic process takes place" is the rub. Trying to impose any litmus test on SG candidates is beyond the pale. The students should freely elect their representatives, whoever or whatever they may be, without interference from the administration or faculty. I'm fairly sure if the ideological thoughts were reversed you may give pause. And I would as well.

Apr 25, 2017, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

Because requiring students who are trying to run for student government to take a politically biased class centered around politically correct ideology before they can run is compromising to principles of an established democratic society.

It is the basis of fascism, in its principle. "You can only be in the government if you think like X and believe in X" is fascist politics and destructive to a democratic government.

Also, it is hypocritical. In forcing kids to think in only one way, it totally removes any diversity from the system. Where previously any student could vote for any candidate, resulting in a vast array of different students working in student government, we now only have an array of students who despite being elected, all think and govern the same way based on this class.

Apr 25, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

Because schools that go down this path end up becoming the most intolerant institutions in the country. Look at schools like UC Berkeley, one of the bastions of so called inclusion and tolerance. They try to shut down conservative speakers by rioting and threatening violence. They allow free speech as long as you agree with them. This is the result of years of liberal indoctrination.

Intolerance is something that is engrained in a person over years of upbringing. Do you actually think taking a class in college will magically turn an intolerant person into a loving, accepting person?

The fact is, most adults know how to get along in the work place and in society. Amazingly, we learned these skills without taking a tolerance class in college.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:36 PM

Might be good for them to know that tnet is not an accurate representative of the student body and modern workforce. Thinking outside the box here.

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Seems like you're the one with the hurt feelings.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:56 PM

I'd suggest you suck it up and get over it.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:59 PM

It stems from those who don't want 'American.' They want this to truly be a melted pot of cultural stew where everyone, every belief, every nuance of their individuality must be respected. Hell, if I go to another country and do/say the wrong thing, I may face a very harsh or severe backlash...maybe even punishment. If you come to America and disrespect us, why you, the American, are intolerant for having a moral identity and not bending to the will of everyone and every culture around you. It's a crime to have an American standard and BE an American. God forbid we respect punctuality...

Apr 24, 2017, 11:10 PM

Okay, your omniscience, what should be the American standard?

Apr 27, 2017, 9:22 PM

Why the hell are you asking me? Be yourself and don't be a whiny ##### for starters. Don't like it, leave. I'm sure North Korea would love to have you spoiled ### hats who are offended by the smell of their own ####.

Btw, I'm sorry for sounding like a big meanie...don't get offended. But now that you paid your respects to your omnisciene, you may go now...

I bet you're a really fun guy. Or is that fungi?***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are the snot nosed, whiny liberal kids embarrassing all ]

Why does everything have to be because of "liberals?"***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:05 PM

Truth hurt?***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:07 PM

Re: Truth hurt?***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:11 PM

Millenials. Will live with Mama and Daddy till they are 40.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2017, 11:13 PM

So now it's not just liberals, it's all millennials?

Apr 24, 2017, 11:38 PM

I'm sure there is hate for other groups, too. Just keep him talking. It'll all come out.

There, there... It's gonna be all right. Let it all out. Who else has offended my precious snowflake?

Well, the demographic for libs is:

Apr 26, 2017, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Truth hurt?*** ]

Young people that do not know any better, poor people that want to live off the govt, and rich people that are out of touch with common people. Everyone else that does not fit in those groups are just f'ing stupid.

If you are middle class and liberal, you are an idiot!

A question us conservative's ask every day.***

Apr 25, 2017, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Why does everything have to be because of "liberals?"*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Wow. Six whole likes. You must be disappointed.***

Apr 24, 2017, 11:15 PM

Apr 24, 2017, 11:29 PM

Me levanto con el pie izquierdo de la manana?

Apr 24, 2017, 11:47 PM

In Marxist philosophy the bourgeoisie is the social class that came to own the means of production during modern industrialization and whose societal concerns are the value of property and the preservation of capital, to ensure the perpetuation of their economic supremacy in society.

I certainly feel no embarrassment

Apr 25, 2017, 5:40 AM

Nor should anyone . What is taking place at Clemson in regard to " cultural sensitivity " is not a singularity , not something that hasn't happened elsewhere .
Do I agree with it ? Don't waste my time ...being on time is important to me having been raised by a Navy Chief E8 who equated tardiness with having your face spit into . So no , I don't think a requirement of running for a political position representing the student body at Clemson University should ever be that you take a course about other's feelings or awarenesses . That part of it for me is silly and an overstep .
However , if the thing is required , and it sounds as though it is ...and I was wanting to run for the position I would take it with a smile and move right along .
There is no embarrassment in taking care of requisites , whether one agrees with them or not when looking to forward the individual's goals .

Getting embarrassed ? I will save that for when I as an individual have done something to merit that feeling .

DB23

Apr 25, 2017, 7:24 AM

I for one see nothing wrong with instilling cultural "competence"in our youth. How that occurs is a good matter for debate for the question whether it needs to occur seems obvious. Seriously, good luck in our global economy if you don't know anything about other cultures or care to learn about them.

Apr 25, 2017, 7:33 AM

Queenie isnt going to like this

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Curious! What news source?

Apr 25, 2017, 8:35 AM

Obviously a lot of us weren't watching it.

Does anyone find it odd

Apr 25, 2017, 12:48 PM

that the idea of trying to understand people with diverse backgrounds is an inherently bad thing? Finding a way to get along and understand people is somehow "Liberal"? This in a country whose embrace of Democracy is considered a 'shining city on the hill".

SMH

Oh, shut up***

Apr 25, 2017, 12:50 PM

Re: Oh, shut up***

Apr 25, 2017, 12:54 PM

Nazi

;)

Yeah very true

Apr 25, 2017, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Does anyone find it odd ]

Just like the environment and conserving resources has become a "liberal" thing so people go out of their way to be obstinate about it

just a question

Apr 25, 2017, 1:14 PM

Why is a liberal more likely to have snot in their nose than a conservative ?

Probably a side effect of all the

Apr 25, 2017, 1:16 PM

cocaine use

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Hey, that stuff just smells good and you know it***

Apr 25, 2017, 1:38 PM

Easy kweshion

Apr 25, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to just a question ]

The conservative believes in personal responsibility and blows his own nose. The liberal waits for somejuan else to do it for him.

First question, will this help or hurt the football program

Apr 25, 2017, 1:46 PM

If it helps, by all means, let's get together eat sushi, hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Would anyone really care if the press wasn't covering this?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Neither, and no

Apr 25, 2017, 2:03 PM

That was easy.

Apr 25, 2017, 2:07 PM

While referencing someone a Mexican, who by the way was born and raised in Mexico, is now considered derogatory?; the rest of the world struggles with poverty (look at the socialist models in South America), mass killings based on race or faith, fear of imperial takeovers, being overrun with ideological and religious terrorists, kidnapping and the sex slave trade, not mention being able sleep at night without fearing for your families safety. If folks want to truly learn about cultural diversity and racism, then take some trips to other countries that do not include tourist destinations and amenities. To risky for you to chance? Then shut up and sit down.

why is this posted on football board?.yuk.***

Apr 25, 2017, 3:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

i haven't seen this article, but in the mid 80s,

Apr 25, 2017, 4:06 PM

there were cross-dressers & opium smokers
attending clemson. i knew a few of 'em.
:)

I'm assuming it's okay to show up late for the class

Apr 25, 2017, 4:16 PM

since that's normal for some cultures.

Replies: 77