Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What indifferent football fans in my office say about us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,400

What indifferent football fans in my office say about us

Sep 24, 2012, 10:37 PM

I'm always made aware of how crazy I am about Clemson when I talk to fans of schools that don't really play against us. People in my office thought that our offense looked amazing. They couldn't believe how easily we were scoring on FSU's defense the first 35 mins of the game. Had a lot of people say that there's no one else on our schedule that can stop us.

On the defensive side a lot noted that we just ran out of gas and that's when FSU started to come back. Most said that our offense will likely have to carry us all year, but we felt that our home schedule was pretty favorable.

It's funny the perspective you have when you're not ready to jump off the cliff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even with our defensive woes, a lot of fans of other schools

Sep 24, 2012, 10:40 PM

would love to be in our position.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

strange

Sep 24, 2012, 10:51 PM

I feel the same way as these "indifferent football fans." Don't know why so many on here are ready to call it a season and give up on doing anything big this year. I also was surprised, like some in the media apparently also are, that we dropped so many spots for losing by 12 to the number 4 team. As one writer said, "is Clemson any worse than we thought they were when they were number 10?"

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we've got to do is win, and we'll be back in the top 10

Sep 25, 2012, 7:42 AM

by chicken kicken time. And ESPN gameday will be at the valley for a night time showdown of top ten teams.

no way coots are in the top 10 by that time

Sep 25, 2012, 8:00 AM

no way they win more than 2 of their killer 4 game stretch

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What indifferent football fans in my office say about us

Sep 24, 2012, 11:04 PM

If the d can improve just a little we can score enough to beat everybody left.But 700 yards and 5 straight TD's will get you beat every time.I think the Tigers will end the year averaging over 40 PTs a game.

Yes, the D ran out of gas.....

Sep 24, 2012, 11:14 PM

Neighbor played for Maryland back in the day.... made the statement, "early games in Florida suck.... hot, humid...they (Clemson) ran out of gas" ironic same statement

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....Glad to hear that you're OK. Most people tend

Sep 25, 2012, 7:57 AM

to have better perspectives once they've had a few days to "dry out" from weekend festivities - only to find themselves in the same predicament the weekend next. Then again, for some it's work, wives and begging kids that shocken back to reality. The funny thing is it's difficult to determine which is better or worse!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the key comment there is

Sep 25, 2012, 8:01 AM

the defense running of gas. To have a good defense with an offense the runs the hurry-up, you have to have 20-22 guys that you can rotate in and out. Especially when the offense starts having consecutive 3 and outs like we did in the second half. Oregon has finally achieved that and is playing pretty good defense right now.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,400
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic