Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it's rigged. Here is how it will play out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,129

I think it's rigged. Here is how it will play out.

Nov 11, 2012, 7:26 AM

Alabama drops to number 4 to be the highest ranked one loss team just ahead of Georgia. Oregon wins out and is ranked number one, with Notre Dame ranked number two after a K-State loss to Texas. Alabama beats number 4 Georgia in the SEC championship and jumps number two unbeaten Notre Dame, since they are unaffiliated and don't play a conference championship game. Alabama and the SEC are back in the NC and ESPN and Mike Slive are happy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you reverse ND and Kansas State with the loss I would

Nov 11, 2012, 7:45 AM

agree ... ND has too much money to be denied an undefeated season and not play for the title

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if all three are still undefeated?

Nov 11, 2012, 7:52 AM

I think it would be ND on the outside looking in.

Re: If you reverse ND and Kansas State with the loss I would

Nov 11, 2012, 7:52 AM [ in reply to If you reverse ND and Kansas State with the loss I would ]

I disagree. No one lose team will jump an undefeated Notre Dame team. Notre Dame has too much influence and money. Not gonna happen.

Not even an SEC team? Not so sure about that....***

Nov 11, 2012, 7:55 AM

Re: I think it's rigged. Here is how it will play out.

Nov 11, 2012, 7:51 AM

And which poll are you going by to determine this?
The only poll that matters now is the BCS,and no way Bama falls in above UGA.Bama lost at home to a 15th ranked opponent.Ga. lost on the road to a 6th ranked opponent( at the time).I could see Florida drop to #9 even though they won,but struggled.LSU,USC(the coots) and FSU could possibly move up a spot,but I think that depends on where Bama and Florida end up.Louisville is toast.
Notre Dame still has to go to USC(the real USC),and Oregon has a championship game match up so they could lose.K.State does not have a conference championship game.
Bama gets in only if they beat UGA in the SEC Championship,and the other three undefeated teams all have one loss.Hope that both Oregon and K.State win out,thus keeping Bama from jumping either.Just my opinion,but Ga.(4-0 since the loss to the coots) is playing as well as anybody right now.

P.S.Oh,and since the pollesters love Notre Dame as much as they do Bama,if Notre Dame is undefeated they won't jump Notre Dame.

I hope they drop farther than my scenario has them drop,

Nov 11, 2012, 7:54 AM

but I have a feeling they wont drop them below Georgia.

Re: I hope they drop farther than my scenario has them drop,

Nov 11, 2012, 8:23 AM

They will drop below UGA.The Dawgs won the East yesterday.Bama still has to win the West.
Maybe they drop where Florida is,and Florida drops to where Louisville(#9) was.Granted,Florida won at home,but it was a struggle against a lesser opponent than A&M.

Re: I think it's rigged. Here is how it will play out.

Nov 11, 2012, 7:58 AM

moot point ..ga has excellent chance to beat bama in sec title game..k-state will handle texas by double digits..notre dame k-state ( neither have confrence champ game to worry about) and oregon have no stoppers left on their schedules..so cal is thin and can't hang with notre dame..notre dame is built like bama...pure neanderthal and can play with and beat bama..but oregon & k-state are the best and one will be left out in the cold b/c notre dame WILL be in the title game

Notre Dame is not as good as you think.

Nov 11, 2012, 8:06 AM

They cant hang with Oregon. K-State would smash them. They would get stomped by Bama and are nothing like them. They are a good football team playing on emotion that barely beat Pitt in 3OT and won against 2-7 BC in a not-so-impressive fashion. Not saying they aren't good, but they aren't on the same level as the big dogs.

Re: Notre Dame is not as good as you think.

Nov 11, 2012, 8:27 AM

But they are undefeated,and as long as they remain in the top 8 in the BCS,they will get an automatic BCS Bowl bid.Still, as long as K.State ,and Oregon don't lose the NC game is theirs for the taking.
Notre Dame doesn't have to be good.They just have to keep winning.

Re: Notre Dame is not as good as you think.

Nov 11, 2012, 8:40 AM

Oregon has Stanford and Oregon State left. If they win out, they will be #1 in BCS. KS should also win out for #2

And as reprehensible as I think ND's deal with the BCS is...

Nov 11, 2012, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame is not as good as you think. ]

you're correct, they'll probably wind up undefeated (barring a total collapse against a rapidly fading USC team)and possibly playing for the NC

I dislike Notre Dame and have my entire life, but they play a strong schedule every year---frequently, they play the toughest schedule in the country---and since they'll likely be undefeated, they probably deserve an opportunity. And I don't think they can beat Oregon, KState OR 'Bama....but they deserve a chance to prove it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia has played 2 teams with a pulse this year and their

Nov 11, 2012, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I think it's rigged. Here is how it will play out. ]

offense has scored 24 points combined in those two games. Aaron Murray is going to look like a deer in headlights again against Bama and the Tide will win going away.

Notre Dame is Not Top 5 Material They Will Lose to USC

Nov 11, 2012, 10:15 AM

by 14 to USC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame is Not Top 5 Material They Will Lose to USC

Nov 11, 2012, 10:44 AM

totally agree, then if Oregon or K State slip, Alabama controls its own destiny. Southern Cal can single handedly put Alabama in the title game

What's hurts Notre Dame is the same thing that hurts Clemson

Nov 11, 2012, 11:05 AM

We both have to play ACC teams.

Bama isn't jumping any of those undefeated teams... come on.***

Nov 11, 2012, 11:07 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic