Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should we discuss the botched fake FG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Should we discuss the botched fake FG

Oct 22, 2018, 11:31 AM

so we can learn from it and improve as an interweb bored ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better Not since Coache’s Son Involved!

Oct 22, 2018, 11:32 AM

Nuff said! Move on since 3 pts not needed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should we discuss the botched fake FG

Oct 22, 2018, 11:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Will is a chip off the old block

Oct 22, 2018, 11:39 AM

He clearly could have caught that ball and most likely would have run for a TD if he had done so.

Like his dad however, he does not like to run up the score and a TD there would have created an even bigger blowout.

The fake was a great call but Will's heart is just too big. He has a soft spot for little ole Nancy State...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will is a chip off the old block

Oct 22, 2018, 11:58 AM

Dabo, contrary to what most of us believe, does make an occasional blooper. This was one of them.

In that situation, you either go for it on fourth or you kick the chip shot field goal. The field goal gives you a three-score lead, same as a successful fake and run for a TD.

BTW, a fake field goal IS "going for it on fourth down; it's just not the best use of your personnel.

41-7 makes it all moot, though ??

Re: Will is a chip off the old block

Oct 22, 2018, 12:39 PM

Dabo, contrary to what most of us believe, does make an occasional blooper. This was one of them.

In that situation, you either go for it on fourth or you kick the chip shot field goal. The field goal gives you a three-score lead, same as a successful fake and run for a TD.

BTW, a fake field goal IS "going for it on fourth down; it's just not the best use of your personnel.

41-7 makes it all moot, though ??

I was yelling at. the TV, KICK the field goal,,,make it 3 scores....!!! Dabo's team, Dabo's decision..but I thought 3 was the correct call...It sure is fun to pick on these little things when we have such a dominant win! Go Tigers! Proud of this team!

What i hope we learned, HAND THE BALL TO ETN***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:43 AM

That's my feeling as well. If ETN can't punch it in

Oct 22, 2018, 11:51 AM

at least we gave it a shot. I feel much worse about a trick play blowing up in our faces than I do about a RB not punching it in.

I'm not big on the trick plays; although they do have their place in the game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What i hope we learned, HAND THE BALL TO ETN***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to What i hope we learned, HAND THE BALL TO ETN*** ]

^ this enough said

Oct 22, 2018, 11:50 AM

It's part of a master plan, just like the punt from the ACC Championship game a few years ago. Now noone will think we would ever try it again, then we run it to perfection.

I kind of thought it looked like

Oct 22, 2018, 12:05 PM

a "hey, we're pretty much doing whatever we want, let's try this" thing.

Then it looked like he got so excited he forgot to take the ball with him. Twice. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

The old Jeff Scott Play from 2001 UCF

Oct 22, 2018, 12:07 PM

learned about it from Mr. Tim Bourret!

https://youtu.be/UrlDv76TyPk

Oct 22, 2018, 12:09 PM

This is all I’m going to say about it , the #2 team in the nation shouldn’t have to resort to trickery to gain 1 yard.
If it was 4th and 6-7 maybe try that because you know our D had the game in control.
But that could of easily changed the direction of the game and almost did .
We won’t see that play any more this season.

Best fake FG we ever did was versus Miami when ...

Oct 22, 2018, 12:29 PM

... when the holder flipped the ball over his head to Jad Dean who ran for a first down.

That was a huge play in a very big Clemson win on the road.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 12:51 PM

If a trick play using his son keeps Dabo happy at CU then I’m all for it. One flubbed trick play isnt going to doom our season. Seriously doubt Dabo uses it with game on the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo was right in the presser too

Oct 22, 2018, 12:54 PM

I dont hate the call. If he didnt bobble the ball I'm pretty sure he gets the

Oct 22, 2018, 1:01 PM

1st down pretty easily. We were also getting stoned in the running game all day long so trying to run for 1 yard with State stacking the line and expecting run very well have gotten stuffed. We may have needed to do something "cute" to get the 1st there even with the offense on the field.

I would've been fine just kicking the FG there though. 3 pts were still very relevant at that point of the game.

Honestly I think the sequence of plays before the half bothered me way more than the fake FG call. There really wasn't any excuse to not get 3 cracks at the EZ before kicking the FG there.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic