Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 104
| visibility 1

Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson

Oct 29, 2012, 5:30 PM

Steve Spurrier on Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson

Oct 29, 2012, 5:31 PM

Class, I tell you, class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2012, 5:40 PM

Like you wouldn't be saying the exact same thing if you were in that position. I love it. It's adding something this rivalry hasn't seen in a while, and that's having the people on the field care about it as a rivalry game rather than just another game.

Huh?

Oct 29, 2012, 5:41 PM

Are you suggesting that smack talk belongs in the conversation when one coach is talking about the well wishes another coach offers for his injured player?

You think that's *normal* behavior?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huh?

Oct 29, 2012, 6:15 PM

Who ever said they were normal!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

H#LL NO I wouldn't be saying that and if you would then you are no better than Spurrier !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the heck are you talking about? Use a horrible injury

Oct 29, 2012, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

as a means to throw low brow barbs at your rival? Are you serious?

Oct 29, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

Here's the problem. There's likely only one in every 1,999,999 times where Spurrier's remarks would be considered grossly inappropriate and hopelessly badly timed...and this is that one time.

I know Spurrier's mouth can overload and short out his brain on occasion, but this particular occasion would be scraping the bottom of the barrel, even for him.

If true, I've lost all respect for the man. If false, I apologize for the post.

Oct 29, 2012, 11:09 PM

It was intentional and purposely directed toward Clemson and Dabo with the look of being none abrasive, plain and simple. Spurprick isn't only a prick, but he is a cunning one at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2012, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

I love some good smack talk: before the game, during and after. I want to beat USuC into the ground as badly as anyone, perhaps more because I have seen our glory days. This rivalry has been up and down and it should be the ONE game that we should ALWAYS want to win.
One of the things that I love about Dabo is that he brings a sense of responsibility and class to our young men. They learn integrity. Something that is lacking in alot of people outside of Clemson Nation. Dabo did a very classy thing and wished well for someone from the rival team and said he would pray for him - as a football player and as a human.
That is why i love Dabo and not that low-down, monkey sucking, goat-humping, three toed slimeball from across the state.

Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

Actually, if a Clemson Coach said that most (if not all) Clemson fans I know would be all over him. This is a classic example of what I try to explain to my friends who don't understand the rivalry. SCar fans are morally lacking. Even the ones that seem nice and normal have an internal screw loose.

Bulletin board material...keep it coming, SOS***

Oct 29, 2012, 5:32 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't mind trash talk

Oct 29, 2012, 5:32 PM

Especially when it can be argued our coach started the last volley.

However, to do it in the context he seems to have done in regards to well-wishes for his injured player seems, well, less than tactful.

spurrier has

Oct 29, 2012, 5:51 PM

Turned into a cartoon character

Spurlid is a classless a$$! Time for another billboard! Be..

Oct 29, 2012, 8:28 PM

thankful that we have on the classiest coaches at Clemson.

Just curious, how can it be argued that our coach started

Oct 29, 2012, 5:59 PM [ in reply to I don't mind trash talk ]

the last volley?

Because he was responding to trash talk

Oct 29, 2012, 6:19 PM

That it ends up wasn't from Spurrier but was incorrectly attributed to him.

That has absolutely nothing to do with SOS latest garbage.***

Oct 29, 2012, 8:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh ok, so he didn't actually start it.***

Oct 29, 2012, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Because he was responding to trash talk ]

spurrier = complete a$$***

Oct 29, 2012, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Just curious, how can it be argued that our coach started ]

butthurt cause dabo cares more bout Lattimore than he does***

Oct 29, 2012, 5:33 PM

^^^^Hit it right on the head***

Oct 30, 2012, 7:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I hope you launch your visor

Oct 29, 2012, 5:34 PM

higher than the balloons on November 24...stay classy

Oct 29, 2012, 5:37 PM

Dabo, be the respectable guy... Don't comment back and just beat South Carolina when Clemson plays them. That will be your comeback. Go Tigers!

Oct 29, 2012, 6:20 PM

Yes by saying, we still beat you, and now is the time to talk about that. Not at Marcus's birth day party.

I hope

Oct 29, 2012, 5:39 PM

We are up 35 with less than a minute to go and calling timeouts to try to get the ball back one more time this year...

SOS is a POS!

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Oct 29, 2012, 5:42 PM

So what is the news here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an effing toolbag***

Oct 29, 2012, 5:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pathetic bitter old man

Oct 29, 2012, 5:46 PM

plain and simple.

Oct 29, 2012, 5:48 PM

That drunken SOB is gonna shut his ####### mouth in a few weeks!

This is what he does.

Oct 29, 2012, 5:57 PM

He talks out of both sides of his mouth. One minute he's saying Clemson isn't a big deal, then he spends the whole year talking junk. Dude is arrogant and perfect for South Carolina.

Like Dabo said, we didn't hear much from them when Spurrier was 1-3 against Clemson. And he's gonna keep talking until the Tigers shut him up.

Do we know this is 100%

Oct 29, 2012, 6:01 PM

True jw is their more proof than a tweet.

Uh....the video?!***

Oct 29, 2012, 8:45 PM

Hope Spurrier chokes on his pride.***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:01 PM

Oct 29, 2012, 6:02 PM

The way this is presented it's pretty much out of context.

To be fair, after he said that he did say, "Usually when he talks about us, it's a bunch of BS, but this time I had to agree with him." Then quoted Dabo's statement in praise of ML.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Why take the shot at all? I don't care how he said it

Oct 29, 2012, 6:06 PM

this is neither the time nor the place to take a shot at Clemson and Dabo. He should have just said he was thankful for the well wishes and that Dabo was right. Adding anything else to it makes it a circus where he is once again the ring leader. He cares more about himself and his pride then his players and this shows it plainly.

Re: Why take the shot at all? I don't care how he said it

Oct 29, 2012, 6:10 PM

I agree with you, but the way that was tweeted makes it seem worse. Time and a place for everything, and Spurier fumbled it.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Why take the shot at all? I don't care how he said it

Oct 30, 2012, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Why take the shot at all? I don't care how he said it ]

For three days people have felt like they were getting ready for a 'wake' or a funeral. Spurrier shot out of the gate with 'this isn't a memorial service, this is a celebration of what ML has done'. Then, because this event was actually set up and put on for and by STUDENTS at USC, he pandered to the crowd.

How else are you going to quote your rival's coach at such a celebration without a little play jab to start it off? The mood needed to be lightened.

The FULL quote for those that haven't read it

"You know, a lot of quotes came across from the nation and uh, I read one today from the head coach at our upstate school. Uh, you know that school that used to beat us a lot but doesn't beat us much anymore. *crowd cheer* Well anyway, usually when that coach up there talks about South Carolina it's a bunch of garbage and it's a bunch of BS, but I have to agree with him, I have to agree with him, on what he said the other day. He said 'Marcus Lattimore stands for what's right about College Football' "

He used Dabo's words to speak highly about ML. He could have made up his own, but he quoted Dabo, because coming from your rival's head coach, its that much more of a compliment (and kudos to Dabo for saying the right thing). But the HBC can't quote Dabo without a shot. Just wouldn't be right.

Also, for what it's worth, he passed on a message from ML "I'll be back." So look forward to that.

We're u at the birthday party?***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're u at the birthday party?***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:13 PM

I watched the live stream of it.

Oct 29, 2012, 6:16 PM

Coot

Oct 29, 2012, 6:16 PM

And?

Oct 29, 2012, 6:21 PM

U are at the wrong board and your opinion is not needed or welcome.

I do, however, find it humorous that you showed up to let us know the Sac's comments weren't as bad as they have been portrayed. Thanks for smoothing everything over!

^ why do defend that ########?

Oct 29, 2012, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: We're u at the birthday party?*** ]

He sure likes to run his mouth now that he has a "little streak" going, wasn't crowing like a rooster when he was on the other side. Has been and days are numbered at USuc. Hope they break it off in him when it happens . Couldn't happen to a better "man"

Oct 29, 2012, 6:33 PM [ in reply to We're u at the birthday party?*** ]

I saw and heard it right here in my den in front of my TV, right out of spurriers mouth. They show everything coot here in cootlumbia on the TV.

Oct 29, 2012, 8:27 PM [ in reply to We're u at the birthday party?*** ]

Why are you me at the birthday party? And, what party?

Maybe you should be in English class instead?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2012, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

use to beat us and don't no more. What comes out his mouth is usually garbage and BS about us. Spurrier has thrown every jab thats been thrown FIRST. Just like today!!!

For all that was listening in to the radio show here in cootlumbia. You heard the way they really feel and are like. They have taken the gloves off.

This is just one bitter old man that realizes he will never win the SEC. If our players and coaches are not fired up to beat the ever living hell out of them this year then we have serious issues. We better shut his mouth and force him into retirement.

Re: Nor a BCS bid!! Oh Snap!!***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:53 PM

Oct 29, 2012, 6:15 PM

Much ado about nothing...Typical Spurrier - He was complementing what Dabo had to say about Lattimore but threw in the extra to ignite the fanbase who attended.

Was it a bit inappropriate. Maybe - he has a history of it but that's precisely the reason the media likes him. He wants a rival - he thrives on it. Beat them next month and he'll pipe down.

Oct 29, 2012, 6:18 PM

I hope they play that audio right before we play to the team. Give em a little inspiration to kick the curse back into gear.

Oct 29, 2012, 6:20 PM

Yeah, and if they do, the coaches and players would realize that what was is said is not nearly as bad as what you read from some random tweet taken out of context...

Chicken curse is still alive. Good players should never go

Oct 29, 2012, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson ]

to there.

That's just pathetic. I thought even Spurrier had a line,

Oct 29, 2012, 6:28 PM

but i guess not.

Oct 29, 2012, 6:30 PM

Wow. He's so ignorant. Dabo said nothing but nice things about Marcus and this is what he says in return. SMH

Steve is just upset that ML is getting all the press***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:33 PM

That's funny, but probably has a bit of truth to it. Steve

Oct 29, 2012, 6:37 PM

can't stand it when the cameras and the media attention aren't focused on him. This gets people talking about Spurrier again.

Re: That's funny, but probably has a bit of truth to it. Steve

Oct 29, 2012, 6:42 PM

Yep, he took the attention away from Marcus. I bet if his wife died, he would make a joke about Dabo to take the attention from his dead wife. He is a attention mongrel

Oct 29, 2012, 6:40 PM

I wouldn't urinate on Steve's gums if his teeth were on fire.

Oct 29, 2012, 6:44 PM

Oh I would, and even if they wasn't on fire.

Re: Re: Football Update: Steve Spurrier on Clemson

Oct 29, 2012, 6:47 PM

Touchè.

Updated with Spurrier video***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:48 PM

police sirens in the background

Oct 29, 2012, 6:49 PM

priceless

Oct 29, 2012, 6:50 PM

The Ole Ball Sak is a sorry POSh!!t..classless and deserves no respect! GO TIGERS!!!

Watching it, it doesn't seem so bad.***

Oct 29, 2012, 6:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Minority opinion!***

Oct 29, 2012, 8:26 PM

For sho' on the ultra sensitive moronic mange***

Oct 30, 2012, 6:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how can anyone be upset at that?

Oct 29, 2012, 6:56 PM

It was funny. And I love that he used this time to refer to us. It shows he respects us enough for us to be on the top of his mind at even a time such as this. All in good taste, if you ask me.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

President who? HaHa Past-tiddies. Skate of SC.....

Oct 29, 2012, 7:01 PM

what is wrong with that man?

I hope we don't just beat them, but humiliate them.

Oct 29, 2012, 7:01 PM

RUTS.

Big time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our other school? Thinks he owns us!***

Oct 29, 2012, 7:04 PM

Go Tigers!!! Beat Duke fo now.***

Oct 29, 2012, 7:06 PM [ in reply to I hope we don't just beat them, but humiliate them. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

Spurrier has jokes

Oct 29, 2012, 7:25 PM

and that is all he has because he knows his team is going downhill fast. Let him talk junk, let him supply material for our players, let his team lose. Hope Dabo and the boys let their actions do the talking. "He who laughs last, laughs best"

Oct 29, 2012, 7:56 PM

A lot of class....too bad it was all low..scars from being raised in a brothal..is my guess

Oct 29, 2012, 7:59 PM

those sc people have real class

I like Lattimore, but how is this

Oct 29, 2012, 8:13 PM

celebration not an NCAA violation? Does USC celebrate every students 21st?

Oct 29, 2012, 8:15 PM

As Bug's says," You realize this means WAR!!!"

I really hate Spurrier/USC and this just solidifys that...

Oct 29, 2012, 8:16 PM

I usually just read posts/comments w/o saying anything, but this BS has changed that moto. While I will continue to give my best regards to ML...I hope we beat the snot bubbles out of every player, coach, trainer, waterboy, press official, cameraman, etc on their sideline. Innocent bystanders will just have to count as collateral damage! Go Tigers!

Re: I really hate Spurrier/USC and this just solidifys that...

Oct 29, 2012, 8:57 PM

don't hold anything back.let it all out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Spurrier is obsessed with Clemson....

Oct 29, 2012, 8:26 PM

He just can't quit talking about us. We are in his head.

Mountain/ mole hill...

Oct 29, 2012, 8:34 PM

Spurrier referenced some nice things Dabo said about Lattimore. He introduced this with some humor based on the recent comments that were said between he and Dabo on (more than one USC and two death valleys, etc.).... Wow. Talk about news!

POS person, Dabo better kick that tail this year

Oct 29, 2012, 8:38 PM

and when they do, I hope to hear all the fans in the Stadium saying

USC isn't Clemson

we still own you

Never let a crisis go to waste..

Oct 29, 2012, 8:48 PM

Steve Axelrod Spurrier

I wish Lattimore and Spurrier could trade places.***

Oct 29, 2012, 8:50 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I HATE Spurrier, and I don't have a problem with this.

Oct 29, 2012, 9:19 PM

He was clearly being good-natured and playing to the crowd, and everyone applauded Dabo's comments regarding Lattimore. This is an absolute non-story.

Re: I HATE Spurrier, and I don't have a problem with this.

Oct 29, 2012, 11:11 PM

That was my whole point to begin with. The tweet that started it all was totally out of context, as the next thing he said was, "but this time I agree with him...."

How many times must he prove that he is an A #1 JERK!?!?!***

Oct 29, 2012, 9:26 PM

Oct 29, 2012, 9:47 PM

I am beyond thankful that Clemson's players have Dabo Swinney as a role model rather than Spurrier. His comments were in poor taste. Period. I was so hoping that this tragic event would quell the hatefulness between these two teams but that doesn't appear to be the case after today. Really Spurrier? Lattimore is facing a possible life-altering injury which has caused many tiger fans to bow their heads in prayer and this is your response? Grow up.

Oct 29, 2012, 9:51 PM

Did u even watch the video. He said great things about Lattimore and then said (paraphrasing)

"ya know, comments were flying around every where this weekend and even from the SC upstate school head coach, ya know the one that used to beat us but doesn't anymore. Anytime he talks about South Carolina it is normally garbage but I do have to agree with him this time."

Tell me what he said that isn't true. You dont beat us a lot anymore and Dabo belittled our University last year and since then has said nothing but garbage and after all of that Spurrier does agree with him about Marcus.

Deal with it.

Oct 29, 2012, 10:01 PM

You're on our message board telling us to deal with it?

You're a joke. And you should feel bad about yourself.

Go play in traffic, little boy.

Oct 29, 2012, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? ]

It's what he didn't say that pisses me off.

Binders full of women?!?!?

Oct 29, 2012, 10:31 PM

Please stop taking things out of context people! A friendly jab that led very well into praising Marcus. I see no wrong

Re: Binders full of women?!?!?

Oct 29, 2012, 10:47 PM

I think Spurrier is trying to cause a "furor" to divert attention from his 2 losses to LSU, Fla. and an almost loss to Tenn. Diverting the attention from the fact that coots won't win the East .....not even close.....and Spurrier has failed once again. This is his M.O.

Spurrier's comments were taken out of context. After

Oct 30, 2012, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Binders full of women?!?!? ]

listening to the recording, it doesn't sound so bad. Yea, he took a little jab at Dabo....but not a big deal. This is a rivalry. The lesson for me is to be careful about believing everything you read on Twitter.

Re: Spurrier's comments were taken out of context. After

Oct 30, 2012, 3:38 PM

Agree. I just posted the same thing. This is a non-event...

Oct 29, 2012, 11:18 PM

just riding high off of that win over powerhouse UT

...you know they have the best o line and qb in the country

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I guess it's ON at DV & Spur will wish he didn't crow!

Oct 29, 2012, 11:23 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2012, 2:10 AM

hillbilly spurrier is the reason macus latimore has goten so banged up, he used him so much, running the ball, catching the ball out of the back field, marcus ran the ball 47 times his freshman year against ga. i told my ups driver last week that marcus would most likely get injured again because the hillbilly would continue to use marcus to much, guess what, i was right. dabo is a smart coach, ellington is a great running back, but we also rotate between 3 running backs. i really feel sorry for marcus because i watched play for burns several times. spurrier turned garcia into a drunk. i watched spurrier as a 13 year old play for florida when he won the heismann, he was a .... then and he is now. tried to coach the redskins for several years and was a joke, why does everyone like spurrier? he only won one national championship at florida. he is the most over rated, under achieving coach in football. sure would be nice if we can beat the chicker peckers at home this year and shut the hillbilly up

Oct 30, 2012, 3:37 PM

Dudes, in the context of Spurrier's speech, what he said was fine. He said he agreed with Dabo. I hate Spurrier as much as the next guy, but gee whiz, give him a break.

You all are blowing this way out of proportion...

Ol back sack's comments are uglier than Lattimore's knee

Oct 30, 2012, 2:53 AM

yea i went there

He'll regret it

Oct 30, 2012, 7:41 AM

The OBS will regret poking the sleeping Tigers. He is insuring his teams defeat by getting the Tigers firmly focused on beating his bunch of thugs. I do think its funny that at b'day party for his best player, who is probably never going to play again, that he is still obsessing on our team instead of his. Keep poking the Tiger and he'll wake up and eat your sorry ###.

What he said before the video was edited

Oct 30, 2012, 9:01 AM

"You know our big brother school that use to beat us alot, that doesn't beat us anymore, but is going to beat us like a two dollar drum cuz i keep talking so much sh*t about them"

Relax...

Oct 30, 2012, 10:18 PM

• Taken out of context, the Coach Spurrier's comments seem tacky and classless. The "tweet" that started all of this was quite irresponsible.

• If you watch the entire video and listen carefully, he is just having some good fun, while getting the crowd going. He compliments Coach Swinney for his kind words regarding Marcus Lattimore, at the young man's 21st birthday celebration.

• I am a devoted Clemson fan, alumnus, Tiger Band drummer (played at the National Championship) and a huge Dabo fan. But I really found The Old Ball Coaches comments humorous. Everybody needs to relax... it was just good, clean fun. Stop taking yourselves so seriously.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

Take his #### out***

Oct 30, 2012, 10:20 PM

Replies: 104
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic