Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happened to Fritsche who liked us & Nebraska?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What happened to Fritsche who liked us & Nebraska?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:46 PM

Did we uninvite him After he finally invited us?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to Frisksce? who liked us & Nebraska?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:48 PM

Signed w Neb. I think he sort of hesitated on the CU offer and Boateng showed interest. He's happy and we're happy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to Frisksce? who liked us & Nebraska?

Dec 21, 2018, 8:31 AM

Playing for CLEMSON is arguably the best choice, but Scott Frost has Nebraska headed in the right direction and needs good players ASAP. I expect Nebraska to contend for the Big10 championship within 3-5 years. I have no problem with his choice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to Fritsche who liked us & Nebraska?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:48 PM

He who snoozes, loses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I thought & sad he’s in that far-off cold place while being from nearby NC..

Dec 20, 2018, 8:55 PM

Clemson would have allowed his Family & Friends come see him play winning ball..

and have a much greater chance to be in a CFP game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I thought & sad he’s in that far-off cold place while being from nearby NC..

Dec 20, 2018, 9:08 PM

Good luck to him. Lincoln can be bitter cold in the winter. There is nothing out there to stop those Canadian Cold Fronts.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:22 PM

Don’t think it really had anything to do with Kaleb. KB had committed last weekend, hence Anna’s 247 surprise that was on no ones radar.

As I understand LBB, Dabo called him Tuesday night and even his family thought he was going to choose us. We’d have had a spot for him if he’d picked us.

Dad was b1g and while he didn’t want to be a legacy cruit, he was partial to NE. Who knows, maybe just wanted to move away from home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 9:24 PM

He fritsched out and decided to move to Nebraska.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:27 PM

He loved Clemson but we got involved waaaay toooo late. He had already developed a good relationship with the Nebraska coaches. Can’t blame the kid. Wish him well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 9:33 PM

I hope it works out for him. Sounds like a good kid with integrity and lives up to his promises. IMO Nebraska did well and so did the Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened to Fritsche who liked us & Nebraska? ]

Yeah I don’t care if Dabo calls me when I’m right about to sign. You tell me a winning program who has won there conference and been to the playoffs 4 straight years, has coaches who stick around, oh and they won a National Championship. I’ll take that thank you. That’s just me though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 10:17 PM

Totally agree with that. Hopefully he’ll realize he can’t bench and walk across campus. He’ll be drppin ice pops.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Checked out of the hotel in Lincoln, NE

Dec 20, 2018, 9:35 PM

at 6 am one morning in January and drove across the street to fill up at the Sams Club. The temperature was 8 below, so cold the pump only barely worked. It was colder in Lincoln that morning than anywhere west of there. Not bad in the spring and summer, but terribly frigid in the dead of winter...

Re: Checked out of the hotel in Lincoln, NE

Dec 20, 2018, 10:13 PM

You aint kidding and it wouldn’t shock me if he transferred. The boy just thinks it gets cold around here... lol. And that darn wind blows 24-7.

Re: Checked out of the hotel in Lincoln, NE

Dec 20, 2018, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Checked out of the hotel in Lincoln, NE ]

at Lincoln for a training session, got up one morning and it was -50 wind chill, called trainer and said I would not be there that morning

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 9:39 PM

According to FGF, he saw through Dabo’s lies and his phony snake oil salesman routine and told Dabo to shove it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope the Coots enjoy their SC Recruiting Championship.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:20 PM

They got the best players in South Carolina, more than any other school. WOW!

That is sure to help them have yet another 7-8 win season and a crappy bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He liked Nebraska more.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:18 PM

And we shouldn't care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We recruited over him twice this week ...

Dec 20, 2018, 10:35 PM

Fritsche was going to have to gain 40 or more pounds to get to where Boateng and Putnam are right now.

He was a project with a lot of potential. The same applied to the other tall kid who signed with Syracuse.

But, we got more immediate help at the very end and no longer saw him (them) as a priority.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson was a little late to the party...

Dec 21, 2018, 12:13 AM

and while I think Fritsche would have preferred to have a bit more time to consider his options, Nebraska and Clemson both needed a firm commitment from him or they were moving-on to other options which is exactly what Clemson did with Boateng.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:25 AM

While the plains states can have some extremes every once in a while, in the grand scheme of things, Lincoln has a pretty moderate climate. And Lincoln and Omaha both are nice cities.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic