Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Clemson will have challenge in replacing offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Clemson will have challenge in replacing offense

Aug 28, 2017, 10:46 AM

WATCH: Clemson will have challenge in replacing offense

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's fair to say the offense won't be as good

Aug 28, 2017, 10:51 AM

But that doesn't mean it will suck. It doesn't have to be as good as last year's to still be really good. That's something a lot of people (e.g. coots) seem to have a hard time understanding, and it sounds like Corso is one of them.

Re: I think it's fair to say the offense won't be as good

Aug 28, 2017, 10:58 AM

Well, as good as......what....... You still have play makers. A lot depends on how well the OC's call the game, and how Bryant executes. I think the offense will do very well. You have an experienced offensive line, you have experienced wide outs, and you have experienced RBs. Our recruiting will tell the tale this year for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As good as... last year

Aug 28, 2017, 11:05 AM

That's kind of the basis of the entire conversation.

In other news...turns out water is wet.

Aug 28, 2017, 11:02 AM

You'd have to be crazy to think that we will play at the same level on offense from the get go. We definitely don't lack the talent, but experience is something that cannot be taught. Our defense will be able to carry us through many of our games. The offense just needs to take time off the clock, make a few plays, and take care of the ball. Their potency will grow with experience.

Re: In other news...turns out water is wet.

Aug 28, 2017, 11:39 AM

I must be crazy, I think this year our offense will be better than last year. Last year a WR dropped passes he stayed in the game. This year i think drops will put you on the bench. Last year we wore Gallman down, this year whichever RB is int he game will have fresh legs. Last year our was a work in progress this year they are solid 2 deep except at tackle ... we only have 3 OTs. i expect us to have more total yards and points in 12 games that we had last year.

And Corso will have difficulties wiping his #### properly

Aug 28, 2017, 11:09 AM

old dude
Lee King Jay Pouch

Sounds familiar. NO WAY! Hahaha***

Aug 28, 2017, 11:10 AM

What does "who we lost" have to do with this season...

Aug 28, 2017, 11:15 AM

No, we will not be as dynamic on offense as last season. Thankfully for us, we don't have to play last years offense on our schedule!

What I can't figure out is how FSU is such a favorite when they didn't GAIN anyone on offense! Not to mention that they lost their best offensive player as well! Their O-line shouldn't be much better and our D-line will DEFINITELY be better...

When we would put KB in during garbage time, he couldn't be stopped on the ground. His passing ability is unproven, but even when they knew he was going to run, they couldn't stop him...

I'm not declaring us champions, just tired of the same talking points.

Re: What does "who we lost" have to do with this season...

Aug 28, 2017, 11:31 AM

Well, FSU did get Cam Akers. Yes, they lost Cook. Word is that Akers is a more than capable next man up. Also, they get Derwin James back. As close as the game in Tally was last year, he may have changed the outcome had be played.

Their O-line is definitely a question mark at this point. And, I agree, the Tigers front 7 will be dominant. Need them all to stay healthy.

I think they should post that "7000 yards!... 7000 yards!"

Aug 28, 2017, 11:40 AM

quote in the locker room. That should get the offense fired up. Corso says crap like that about us every year. You better believe I will remind them on twitter, etc. what he said when our offense starts rolling over opponents.

Re: I think they should post that "7000 yards!... 7000 yards!"

Aug 28, 2017, 11:56 AM

We will know more after Saturday even if the opponent isn't a highly regarded team. None of us has ever seen K Bryant start a game at QB with everything on his shoulders. He has played some but never in a crucial part of the game. I have my fingers crossed because in the practice sessions I have watched he doesn't show me a lot. He has improved greatly however and I am his biggest fan .... just as you are. Sure wish Leggett was on this team!

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Clemson will have challenge in replacing offense

Aug 28, 2017, 11:58 AM

Watching the ESPN so called experts is almost always exasperatin cause they always fall into the trap of singling out one or two players that will make the difference. What they miss is the real difference in matchups, imo. That's the Dline and Oline play first and foremost. We will excel this year, better than last year. Our skill players across the board are just as talented. With experience, we will play exceptionally well and score and make yards to the tune of 400-500 yds per game.

The fact that Corso said no way guarantees it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Clemson will have challenge in replacing offense

Aug 28, 2017, 12:03 PM

Do you see a player right now who will make the catches Williams and Leggett made in the clutch? Cain is especially good and Renfro is unreal but now they have to be "the guy". I'm anxious to see how well the catchers respond to the challenge.

Locker Room Material and Pre-Game Motivation

Aug 28, 2017, 12:04 PM

Dabo needs to play this clip over and over and over all year. Especially before Auburn, Louisville, NC State and FSU. Over and over and over. In fact, maybe just have it running in the background during every single practice from here on out. If this doesn't make the current players mad, including Mr. Bryant, Mr. Fuller/Feaster, Mr. Cain, and Mr. Richard, then nothing will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Locker Room Material and Pre-Game Motivation

Aug 28, 2017, 12:17 PM

I seriously doubt if motivation will be a problem for the CLEMSON Tigers this season .... or any other

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic