Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What does an all conference schedule do?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What does an all conference schedule do?

Jul 13, 2020, 8:55 AM

Can anyone explain why this is somehow safer than non conference games? Makes absolutely no sense to me... what is the logic?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does an all conference schedule do?

Jul 13, 2020, 8:59 AM

Diversionary tactic before cancelling the season all together. Makes zero sense

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 9:01 AM

It creates the illusion of doing something to CYA. Its like stopping bars from selling alcohol after 11pm. I think the idea is that if there is less games then less opportunities for infection and since there is the most financial interest in conference games then it does something without complete shut down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 9:03 AM

Gives the conference the ability to delay the season by a couple or three weeks. Hoping that the scourge subsides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 9:05 AM

Gives them greater control over the situation I guess. If something bad goes wrong it is much easier to send out one email to all your schools versus having to deal with a bunch of other schools from other conferences.

Jul 13, 2020, 9:26 AM

Testing and prevention procedures can be set and monitored within the conference.

Puts each team on a level playing field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 10:06 AM

why cant the conferences work that out... minimum standards. Pretty sure all the athletes will probably get it or have had it.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:32 AM

It makes no sense. How can it be safer to travel to Miami than to Cootlumbia?

Message was edited by: snowtiger®

It allows flexibility for everyone to be on the same page.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:54 AM

It provides some extra off weeks in case of rescheduling needs. Let's say BC has an outbreak, well maybe we could play UNC or another conference opponent instead. It allows for fluid situations. I think its very likely that we may not know which team we are playing until the week before potentially.

I think the more "common sense" approach would be regional scheduling, but that would be difficult due to TV contracts. You could have Clemson, UNC, NC ST, SCAR, UGA, GT, Bama, Auburn, FSU for example in a region and let them play each other with a 9 or 10 game schedule.

No ACC Football

Jul 13, 2020, 11:18 AM

I think it is highly unlikely that we'll see College Football this Fall. I certainly doubt we'll see ACC football. We have only ourselves to blame for being where we are now. I think if the states had adhered to the proposals to come out of the Trump White House Task Force we would at least have had football without fans. I see no way the governors of MA,NY,PA,KY,VA or NC will green light football, so it doesn't really matter what McMaster decrees with his executive decisions.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No ACC Football

Jul 13, 2020, 11:34 AM

User Logo
rons1®
Varsity [213]
TigerPulse: 100%
No ACC Football
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 11:18 AM

I think it is highly unlikely that we'll see College Football this Fall. I certainly doubt we'll see ACC football. We have only ourselves to blame for being where we are now. I think if the states had adhered to the proposals to come out of the Trump White House Task Force we would at least have had football without fans. I see no way the governors of MA,NY,PA,KY,VA or NC will green light football, so it doesn't really matter what McMaster decrees with his executive decisions.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. cower on back to your basement.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No ACC Football

Jul 13, 2020, 12:53 PM

Not in the basement. I don't want to see the season blown up! However, the vast majority of the states have NOT been following the very guidelines issued by the TRUMP White House-not a liberal Democrat White House.The aforementioned governors are all Democratic and less inclined to allow football to be played based on their more restrictive policies related to COVID. It's not what I want, but if you would think for a millisecond before you presume to guess what I do on a daily basis--which is definitely not staying in a basement, you would be better served. Tell me where I'm wrong. I would venture to guess the governors of FL, GA, SC and perhaps IN will be last to stop football this Fall. You're dreaming about the others.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really has nothing to do with your personal mindset.

Jul 13, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: No ACC Football ]

You can feel however you want to feel about the situation, but it's pretty darn likely right now that the CFB season gets canceled. Acknowledging that possibility doesn't make one a coward.

Jul 13, 2020, 2:42 PM

I just need someone to tell me the status of my tickets for September 19.

So the leagues can uniformly mandate precautions and such

Jul 13, 2020, 2:48 PM

for all of the games.

It makes it impossible to pick 4 playoff teams though. How are you supposed to know who's good when teams are literally only playing other teams in their conference? It's going to be nearly 100% eye ball test and preconceived biases based on which teams and conferences have been good in the past. Many computer metrics can't even function without connectivity.

They just want to eliminate games so the can have a safety

Jul 13, 2020, 2:50 PM

cushion for rescheduling or postponing games.

It's purely PR so that the conference can

Jul 13, 2020, 2:56 PM

say to their member institutions and fans that they did all they could to preserve football this fall. In reality, they know that there won't be football this fall, but they will drag this out so it appears that they are determined to try to make it work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic