Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW is back, so if we win the coin toss, I'm guessing we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,114

DW is back, so if we win the coin toss, I'm guessing we

Nov 14, 2014, 8:40 AM

shouldn't elect to play defense first?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I concur with this sound and logical

Nov 14, 2014, 8:42 AM

Football Post. Good to see real topics on here for a change, no matter how hard the tnet staff tried to get us off topic yesterday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

davidhoodsteele ain't gonna like this

Nov 14, 2014, 8:43 AM

'cause somewhat sirius.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

What does DW being back have to do with this decision?

Nov 14, 2014, 8:51 AM

Shouldn't we ALWAYS elect to play defense first if we win the toss?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does DW being back have to do with this decision?

Nov 14, 2014, 9:44 AM

Almost always. When our Steele defense was really bad, it made some sense to take the ball first. But with this defense, absolutely defer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not this week and Smith will be back in 2nd half so

Nov 14, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to What does DW being back have to do with this decision? ]

it equates more into keeping GT off field with Smith on bench.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW is back, so if we win the coin toss, I'm guessing we

Nov 14, 2014, 8:54 AM

No I would want to play D first so we can set the stage for what could end up being a very great game for Clemson. I believe our D has proven themselves against tough running games with the likes of NC State, and BC. Don't look at the UGA game and say we can't stop the run. If you actually watched the game and not listen to ESecpn then you would know that our D could have been tired; but it looked to me as they just said the LLLL with it and gave up in the 4th. GT does not have a Superior pass game so don't listen to that the way J Thomas drops back Beastly would love that because he doesn't use his O line he just drops and heaves something which is usually caught by one of his big targets.

^^^the newb gets it***

Nov 14, 2014, 8:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if we elect to play defense first, then Ga Tech drives

Nov 14, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: DW is back, so if we win the coin toss, I'm guessing we ]

the length of the field for a TD, chewing up 8 minutes of clock. Would that not deflate our team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: DW is back, so if we win the coin toss, I'm guessing we ]

We play defense first this game if Ole Spud is the starting QB. Smith is out the first half so we hope to reduce GT ' S possessions until he returns in the second half.

If we hope to minimize GT's possessions, shouldn't we

Nov 14, 2014, 9:03 AM

elect to receive?

this still doesn't change the fact that

Nov 14, 2014, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: DW is back, so if we win the coin toss, I'm guessing we ]

some teams elect to play defense first

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

yes, i herd some NFL coaches were quoted

Nov 14, 2014, 9:00 AM

saying exactly that.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Really? Could you put together a list of those and post?***

Nov 14, 2014, 9:02 AM

it was posted at least 828 times

Nov 14, 2014, 9:03 AM

shorely you can find juan of them

D first; maximize possessions in 2nd half.

Nov 14, 2014, 9:02 AM

Give DW time to get rustiness out...pull away at end of 2nd/start of 3rd quarter.

D first; maximize possessions in 2nd half. - rational!

Nov 14, 2014, 9:49 AM

Agree!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2014, 10:05 AM

I say offense set the stage with a quick s ore to let go know if you wanna stay in this game you gotta score not just eat up clock and play field postion .

GT's offense is built for game control and is not set up for

Nov 14, 2014, 10:43 AM

coming back from a deficit. If we win the toss, I would love to see us elect to receive the ball first, score and go from there.

Ideally, we can be up by 14 before the first quarter ends and then let our D stuff all of the trickeration and desperation plays GT will be forced to use from there on out (while we continue to run up the score, of course).

If we defer our choice until the second half, it may send the signal that we feel that we still can't score on a very mediocre defense.

Just my opinion obviously, but we shall see in about 25 hours or so...

GO TiGeRS!!!

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: GT's offense is built for game control and is not set up for

Nov 14, 2014, 10:51 AM

Yes score first, score often, for once since the NCstate game let's not put this on our defense they have played great and time for let the offense of Clemson dictate this game and the defense can just play their reads and not have to worry about winning the game!

Nov 14, 2014, 10:44 AM

"I'm only going to explain this one more time."

Lol, the biggest lie ever told on TNet

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic