Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you know about GAs O besides QB and RB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

What do you know about GAs O besides QB and RB?

Jul 5, 2013, 1:11 AM

Where does their Oline WRs and TEs stand, statistically and potentially impact wise

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter

Jul 5, 2013, 1:20 AM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you know about GAs O besides QB and RB?

Jul 5, 2013, 4:01 AM

They think it could be the best offense they have ever had at GA. Our D must play the way they played against LSU or they could eat up a lot of clock. I think we win but our D has to play great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2013, 6:50 AM

How good can they be? They scored only 7 points in Columbia last year and that was with a minute to go in the game. Basically they have the same personnel they did then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson scored 14 quick, then nothing, at night

Jul 5, 2013, 12:41 PM

in the valley. Talk about irrelevant.

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Using that logic............

Jul 5, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you know about GAs O besides QB and RB? ]

how did Clemson ever win again after the Orange Bowl beating by WV. You're putting way too much stock in one ball game. There were many things that came into play that Sat that lead to our defeat.

Re: Using that logic............

Jul 5, 2013, 2:21 PM

Didn't WVU BEAT you in a BCS game in your own state dome!

Re: Using that logic............

Jul 5, 2013, 3:41 PM

yes they did despite our comeback in the 2nd half....remmeber they converted the fake punt then ran out the clock and preserve the win. They weren't about to give that ball back to us!

Jul 5, 2013, 6:53 AM

They have one of the best O-lines in the country!! Period!

Our front 7 had better be ready to stop the run, and force Murray to throw.

Our offense is every bit (collectively) as theirs is, so this game will be decided on which DEFENSE wants it more!!

My hope is that Venebles brings lots of blitz packages and keeps the crowd fired up!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

Beat the Dawgs!!!

Jul 5, 2013, 7:34 AM

I know they were ONE FREAKING PLAY from playing for the NC last year. THAT is what I know. If they complete the pass, they beat Bama in the SECCG and go play weakazz Notre Dame for the NC - and they would be the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS coming into DV in a few weeks.

What else do we need to know???

Jay Rome...

Jul 5, 2013, 7:47 AM

We wanted him BAD!!

Jul 5, 2013, 8:18 AM

I played in highschool with their starting center and starting fullback. They were both really really good. The fullback often comes into sets with Gurley and can really lay some wood.

Lost their best WR from last year and TEs are meh***

Jul 5, 2013, 8:55 AM

O Line should be stout...

Jul 5, 2013, 9:01 AM

...which makes the rest of the offense look that much better.

TE, like ours, is talented but young. I believe Rome (son of Stan) has the starting spot.

Over all, it's a very, VERY good setup for the Dawgs.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are very good on offense all the way around.

Jul 5, 2013, 9:32 AM

Probably be the best offense we've faced in some time in terms of being complete.

Good on OL, QB and RB, but no real weapons at WR or TE***

Jul 5, 2013, 9:42 AM

TE for them will be manned by a player that our coaches

Jul 5, 2013, 10:08 AM

wanted badly. While unproven, I would not overlook them at that position.

Hope he's watching while Leggett puts on a clinic***

Jul 5, 2013, 10:18 AM

You are a very poor judge of talent if you truly think

Jul 5, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Good on OL, QB and RB, but no real weapons at WR or TE*** ]

that UGA has nothing to speak of at WR or TE.

Re: You are a very poor judge of talent if you truly think

Jul 5, 2013, 11:34 AM

I never said they weren't good, but compared to Clemson's? Nothing to write home about.

Re: You are a very poor judge of talent if you truly think

Jul 5, 2013, 12:16 PM

Last season Clemson passed for 190 more yards than UGA ... We lost 950 yards in production with one player. Clemson lost 1405 with their top performer ... and you say that UGA's receiving corps is nothing to write home about compared to CU's.

They look pretty even to me. Single player advantage goes to CU ... UGA spreading the ball around more also gives them an advantage. I like my team, you like yours.

Can't wait! To discount either of the offenses can only be done with rose colored glasses. This is the reason GameDay will be in DV will bells on.

You'll have a different opinion come Aug 31st******

Jul 5, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: You are a very poor judge of talent if you truly think ]

You guys need to talk to Miles and Mettenburger.

Jul 5, 2013, 2:01 PM

You might have to change their minds too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Spurrier and what ever Coot QB beat Clemson?******

Jul 5, 2013, 2:03 PM

Re: How about Spurrier and what ever Coot QB beat Clemson?******

Jul 5, 2013, 2:32 PM

Yea about that; How did Aaron Murray do against Darth Visor last year buddy? How many TD's did he throw again? And how many did ''what ever Coot QB'' throw in a dominating win over you, snoopy? Refresh my memory but didn't they DESTROY you leg humpers by a considerable margin?

Not well, but that was the point.

Jul 5, 2013, 3:13 PM

Clemson fans point to LSU but never bring up USC. Gotta look at them all, not just the wins.

Complete ThUgA O Scouting Report

Jul 5, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to You are a very poor judge of talent if you truly think ]

While I am indeed confident in a Tiger victory- here is how they line up. This could change of course with their commomplace off the field issues and injuries. Across the front line they return almost everybody and have some experienced depth as well. Four of five starters return here and the 4 are seniors. This unit allowed 27 sacks last season compared to the 33 given up in 2011.

I won't waste your time talking about the backfield of Murray, Marshall, and Gurley. My only hope here is that one of them makes a mistake this summer and is forced to sit out the game in Death Valley.

At WR, Malcolm Mitchell (6'1 191) will be the go to guy. They have depth and moderate experience at this position also. Chris Conley (6'3 205), Michael Bennett (6'3 204) and Rentavious Wooten (5'10 180) will all snag some passes this season; that is if they don't get suspended. You may remember Chris Conley as the guy who caught the ball at the Bama 5 yardline which forced the clock to run out. Look for them to have a 6 to 7 player rotation in this group.

The leg humpers also have some talent at TE. I anticipate that junior Arthur Lynch (6'5 250) will be an all $eC player. However, last year he exposed weak LB's and I don't think teams will make that same mistake. Coaches will certainly mark him upon watching game film. (Heck, I have and I'm not even a coach) He has a ''serviceable'' back up in Jay Rome (6'5 260).
I like their chances against the coots but not against Clemson. Its a night game in the Valley and that never bodes well for foes. Good luck out scoring the best O in CFB; not to mention an improved Tiger D. Look for Boyd and Co. to expose a suspended and injured secondary. Go Tigers!!!

Re: Complete ThUgA O Scouting Report

Jul 5, 2013, 1:44 PM

Chris Conley (6'3 205), Michael Bennett (6'3 204) and Rentavious Wooten (5'10 180) will all snag some passes this season; that is if they don't get suspended.

That's interesting. None of these young men have ever been in any kind of trouble. Conley (who averaged 25 ypc in his career)is actually a student-athlete rep with the NCAA. Clemson has a lot more questions on offense than Uga. We're also better at TE than Cu.......way better.

Jul 5, 2013, 1:54 PM

Ok, didn't you notice where I said.. ''that is of course IF they don't get suspended. IF is a transitive word. And you say Conley is a great kid aye? Thats cool, I support any kid who does good things on the field and in the classroom. Its just to bad that ThUGA fans don't keep to their own boards WHERE THEY BELONG! So PARDON ME for giving my OPINION and trying to answer the question at hand. Jeez....

Jul 5, 2013, 3:45 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way. Really no sense in being so close-minded, outside opinions can be constructive. I hope you don't really live your life this way......it's just a football game.

wasn't last year's Coot game at night?***

Jul 5, 2013, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Complete ThUgA O Scouting Report ]

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Pretty descent eval ....

Jul 5, 2013, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Complete ThUgA O Scouting Report ]

But all five OL return, not four of five like you say.

Jul 5, 2013, 12:20 PM

TE - RsSR Artie Lynch and RsSO Jay Rome

Artie is the starter and is adept at both blocking and receiving. He's listed as preseason second team All-American by Athlon and is on numerous preseason first team All SEC teams. He had 24 catches for 431 yds (18 yds/rec) and 3 TDs. RsSO Jay Rome (whose dad is Clemson standout Stan Rome) had 11 rec for 152 yds and 2 TDs in a back-up role. These two will be a formidable duo all year.

WR - JR Malcolm Mitchell; RsJR Michael Bennett; JR Chris Conley; RsSO Justin Scott-Wesley; RsSR Rantavious Wooten

Mitchell is one of the most explosive athletes on the team. He's played at CB and WR but should settle in to playing only WR this season. Bennett has the best hands of the group, and really has some wheels too. Went down with an ACL tear mid season but was the leading WR before the injury.

OL - All five starters and all backups return.

This is probably the best OL that Richt has ever had. A new OL coach came in two years ago and transitioned to a power blocking scheme, and it really started to pay off last year. Two RsSR, one SR, one JR, and one SO with over 100 career starts between them should really bulldoze some folks this year.

Jul 5, 2013, 12:29 PM

I believe we'll have to score 35 pts to win. And we will.....

I think Clemson will score more than 35 too ....

Jul 5, 2013, 12:31 PM

Just that UGA will be right there with them. Gonna be a tight, high scoring affair IMO.

Note: This is TIGERNET not ThUGAnet, so go away

Jul 5, 2013, 2:16 PM

Its just to much to ask for some folks to stay on their own boards. Whats the point in going to a pro-Clemson page and getting all upset when we have a different opinion. I get it, you play in that conference and think that makes you gods. Well, Missouri and Kentucky fans say the same thing. ''We play in the $eC'' Know what? So does Auburn and LSU and we beat both of them last year. And bringin up that the coots got us ''at night'' last year in the Valley; guess what snoopy- you didn't exactly do a whole lot against em either. By all means, take your high and mighty somewhere else... please.

Thanks for the hospitality. ******

Jul 5, 2013, 3:15 PM

Jul 5, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you know about GAs O besides QB and RB? ]

and that oline has had two years in the new S&C program installed in 2011. Add 230 lb Gurley to the equation and lookout!

Entire O-Line returns and also a couple good receivers.***

Jul 5, 2013, 7:25 PM

I know that it's going to be a very tough game

Jul 6, 2013, 1:41 AM

A lot tougher than most would like to admit. The fact is that our secondary is going to get tested early and often. Probably lots of play-action if we don't stop the run early. Stopping the run early is going to be tough give that we'll be facing one of the best o-lines in the country. I can't wait.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic