Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do you fellow TNetters think that OrTre Smith will stick with his commitment to coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

What do you fellow TNetters think that OrTre Smith will stick with his commitment to coots?

Oct 20, 2016, 1:08 PM

I would think he would strart to have doubts with the lack of offense by the coots. They have 2 passes for TD's through 6 games. If he has ambitions to play in the NFL, this stat has to give him something to think about.

Early playing time is great if you have a decent QB. So far that position is AWOL. I wonder too if McEllwain's mom is rethinking her son's commitment to cootsville. These kids need to learn patience and realize by working hard to earn playing time gets attention from NFL scouts.

What do some of you other TNetters think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly don't want him anymore

Oct 20, 2016, 1:10 PM

He already chose the Coots over us, so no thanks. Plus, he's not better than the other WRs we are getting. Lastly, I'd rather spend his scholly on someone in the elite SC 2018 class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

I'd still love to have him as the next Brandon Ford ... and

Oct 20, 2016, 2:52 PM

to keep him away from SCar.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd still love to have him as the next Brandon Ford ... and

Oct 20, 2016, 3:25 PM

Love OreTre. Tiger fan til the day I die, but I have been watching Tre play since his middle school days where I was a coach. Knew after the first day of seeing him practice that he was a D1 type of guy. Kid used to adore Clemson, was kind of shocked when he committed to Muschamp given his track record. (Just want what's best for Tre, actually thought UNC would be a better fit for him, still do). And for the people who have said Dabo slow played him, Tre heard from Clemson on a regular basis and there was no "lack of effort" or anything like that. Oretre knew Clemson recruited on a national level, therefore he just developed better relationships elsewhere. One WR to the coots won't come back to bite us so this really isn't a story, but the kid is a very gifted ball player. The state of South Carolina has produced some gems coming up

I think he was convinced that he ad been jlted by the Tigers

Oct 20, 2016, 1:11 PM

They really sold him that slow-play narrative and convinced him that the Tigers really don't want him very much.

Now that he's bought into it, the ship has likely sailed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He is a coot, them being terrible is a reason for him to go

Oct 20, 2016, 1:14 PM

He wants to play, he wanted that attention of being the man, and here we have several "men", he wants to be the big fish from what I have heard and read. I would think we would take him, but I don't think he wants to come here even if it meant losing 7 games every year.

Re: What do you fellow TNetters think that OrTre Smith will stick with his commitment to coots?

Oct 20, 2016, 1:15 PM

He won't flip. He's been promised all kinds of playing time from the get go and all the future rosiness Muschamp and staff can think of. This year is a reboot, according to them, and they will be great soon enough with the next recruiting class or two. Of course it remains to be seen if he ends up another Robinson who bought the sales pitch and then had a pedestrian career at best at Florida.

Re: What do you fellow TNetters think that OrTre Smith will stick with his commitment to coots?

Oct 20, 2016, 1:18 PM

Yeah, he is a coot. He wants to be "The Man" and he can be that in Cootville but not at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently, not the sharpest tack in the box.***

Oct 20, 2016, 1:23 PM

McIllwain says hello.....***

Oct 20, 2016, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you fellow TNetters think that OrTre Smith will stick with his commitment to coots? ]

Oct 20, 2016, 1:25 PM

Do we need him?
My pleasant coot, doesn't get much worse than that...

Oct 20, 2016, 1:25 PM

Mt pleasant*

He doesn't seem to want to work for playing time

Oct 20, 2016, 1:29 PM

Wants to be gifted it. Let him catch 2 touchdowns a year and then try to walk on to a NFL squad bc Jerry Rice would not get drafted in Muschamps system.

Oct 20, 2016, 1:30 PM

He needs to talk with Robinson (think that is his name)what Mushchamp did to him while at florida. I think he reopens his recruitment and commits elsewhere. Not sure if it is Clemson but he leaves usc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OrTre is looking for the path of least resistence....

Oct 20, 2016, 1:54 PM

Rather than working hard and actually earning playing time for a championship program, he would rather take the easy road with very little if any real competition which effectively guarantees him immediate playing time.

Either that or he just prefers to be home for the holidays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

yep......all about character

Oct 20, 2016, 2:31 PM

he and zach bailey need to be the self absorbed BMOC vs being a part of a team........they end up being cancers in a lockerroom........not needed at clemson.

I have heard the lack of competion element from people

Oct 20, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to OrTre is looking for the path of least resistence.... ]

who follow Wando football - so it may not be a big loss if he stick with Coach Chump.

for the record those 2 TD passes were to the RB & TE..not WR***

Oct 20, 2016, 1:56 PM

had precisely that conversation yesterday

Oct 20, 2016, 2:05 PM

and it's a really interesting question..ortre could be a program-changer for the dirt pekkers..i seriously see this kid as an alshon jeffery/great hands-type receiver and one who will play prominently on sundays..but unless bentley is their future, they don't have a qb - or an ol - that can get him the ball..we have so many weapons, he'd have to fight much harder to be a go-to guy..but he has the size talent and quickness, imo, to ultimately be a first-round pick.

same question for dakereon joyner, qb at fort dorchester..he's presumed to be a shamecock lean and could help restore relevance to de roost..but you've gotta think a lotta kids understand a freakin' train wreck when they see one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

surprised he didn't pick UGA. they haven't had a good reciev

Oct 20, 2016, 2:26 PM

er there in years.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic