Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do u think about Clemson taking a dig at SC like this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,802

What do u think about Clemson taking a dig at SC like this?

Jul 4, 2014, 1:30 PM

Guess it is part of the rivalry but not sure the official twitter should be part of it

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/clemson-tweaks-south-carolina-in-tweet/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Factual tweet...I have zero problem with it

Jul 4, 2014, 3:55 PM

They can interpret it any way they want. It is OUR twitter page, just like this is OUR message board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do u think about Clemson taking a dig at SC like this?

Jul 4, 2014, 4:05 PM

I don't like it...but then again I am older than 8 so I shouldn't. Too much smack talk in all sports these days...just play the game and then #### until you play again.

You can't be much older than 8

Jul 4, 2014, 6:06 PM

If you consider that smack talk

No mention of any other school, no hashtag. Where is the smack?

Re: You can't be much older than 8

Jul 4, 2014, 6:31 PM

Yes, pretty mild in the whole scheme of things...but the inference is certainly there as far as the dig against SC. Just would like to see people and organizations take the high road.

The original statement from Dabo would have never happened..

Jul 5, 2014, 1:19 PM

If Spurrier didn't bring us up again in his post game comments on their Bowl win. Clemson and Dabo have done a good job ignoring all of the coots sludge talk. But you can't let everything go without a response.

Exactly.***

Jul 5, 2014, 7:28 PM

I don't think Southern Cal. cares.

Jul 4, 2014, 5:24 PM

"SC" = Southern California, Nickname: Trojans
"usc" = Univ of South Carolina, Nickname: Gamecocks, Coots, etc...

Jul 4, 2014, 7:27 PM

I don't get it. Where's the dig?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Me neither

Jul 4, 2014, 8:59 PM

I guess SC NUST HAVE WON A BCS game, and we are pretending they didnt

Jul 5, 2014, 12:28 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it if South Carolina hadn't dominated us for the past five years. You shouldn't throw jabs at teams you can't beat.

So we should never respond when the shamecocks talk about...

Jul 5, 2014, 1:27 PM

us every week. And I'm talking about their players and coaches, not their fans. Fact of the matter is, yes they have beaten us 5 years in a row, but the fact still remains even after those 5 straight wins the coots are extremely jealous of us. The only thing they have to show for their success over the past few years is beating us. They can't brag about their bowl wins because they were over one dimensional mid level big 10 teams. They didn't beat an OSU or MSU. They beat a Michigan team that had no where near the talent historically they have, they beat a Nebraska team with a hot head that depended on one running back to run their offense, and they beat a Wisconsin team that had trouble with the concept of the forward pass.

We will always be the coots national title game.

If they're jealous,

Jul 5, 2014, 1:54 PM

Then let them be jealous. At this point, we're not in a position to talk trash to them since they've got the ultimate response: they've beat us five years in a row.

Re: So we should never respond when the shamecocks talk about...

Jul 5, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to So we should never respond when the shamecocks talk about... ]

Well Tiger King, what's so hot about beating( skiming by) Ohio State in a poor crowd Orange Bowl? Hell, by rights, Duke deserved the bid.Had Carolina been in the ACC, we would have attended several BCS bowls.Had the mighty Tigers been in the SEC,best bowl for Clemson would have been Music City.Way too many teams in the SEC better than Clemson.So you won the Orange Bowl, for the 5th straight year we beat you by double digits. You say Michigan, Nebraska, and Wisconsin are no good, I'd bet on them if you played them. We have in the last few years beaten teams much better than Ohio State, most of them several times right in our conference which is by far the best in America .You should be proud of your Orange Bowl win, nobody wants to take that away from you but to brag and say South Carolina has never won anything, are losers and never won a BCS REALLY MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY STUPID.

Manafold

Jul 5, 2014, 5:37 PM

Manafold is another delusional doofus coot. Don't argue with this idiot because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Message was edited by: jester®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Manafold

Jul 5, 2014, 7:03 PM

What freaks you people out is you know what I have said is the truth. Look forward to wracking up your ##### six times in a row in Dream Valley.

Hit A Nerve?

Jul 5, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: So we should never respond when the shamecocks talk about... ]

The Tweet is 6 months old.

It really bothers you doesn't it.

Of course, since you are over on your rival's board all the time, one might assume you are either jealous or a TROLL.

Which one is it - jealousy or TROLL?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

no big deal, just fodder for the fans....

Jul 5, 2014, 1:17 PM

plus it will drive shamecock fans insane.

So would it be inappropriate "smack talk"

Jul 5, 2014, 1:58 PM

For coots to post on their official twitter page, "only team in state history to win 11 games in three consecutive seasons". Would that be a shot at Clemson, or just celebrating a current accomplishment that they were the only team to achieve?

the article said it very well

Jul 5, 2014, 3:15 PM

"Clemson should worry more about beating South Carolina on the field than tweaking them off of it."

imo, trash talkin' after 5 straight whoopings is kinda shamecockish.

GoTiguhs!!

Re: the article said it very well

Jul 5, 2014, 4:15 PM

Would someone direct that wayward COOT tmac to the dirtpecker board . He/She seems to be delusionally commenting as if he/she were a Clemson fan. It is quaint , but not the right thinking ...which is indicative of 93.6% of their destitute fanbase.
Trailer Park Nation is thataway ? , gruntstain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: the article said it very well

Jul 5, 2014, 4:23 PM

Really? I don't like the idea of trash talking an opponent who's beaten us five times in a row, so I must be a South Carolina fan?

We've had to endure their jibberish for decades. Don't care

Jul 5, 2014, 7:27 PM

besides...we didn't start the 2nd-grade antics, they did. Or Dork spurrier did.

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,802
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic