Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What did you think of Aggie’s fans, their noise level, 105K in attendance?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

What did you think of Aggie’s fans, their noise level, 105K in attendance?

Sep 9, 2018, 9:50 AM

i thought the same as DaBO..Awesome college football venue..and a hats off & salute to the Aggies.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As far as loudness,

Sep 9, 2018, 9:53 AM

Definitely not as loud as the valley, also not as loud as the game I attended at FSU . Honestly I’m not sure they’re louder than sc. But as far as their fans, they’re an incredibly welcoming bunch, even very graceful after a difficult loss. I don’t care for their organized cheer thing. It might be slightly cool the first time they do a cheer but it’s so repetitive and orchestrated ... I just wasn’t impressed with that aspect. Loved their stadium . For a large place it’s quite intimate . Their band was unreal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As far as loudness,

Sep 9, 2018, 10:15 AM

Not as loud as the valley, but much louder and better organized than the cockroach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC game in Columbia in 2011, one of the loudest I ever

Sep 9, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to As far as loudness, ]

attended. Still, I was on the 50, but the first row right behind our bench, so sure that contributed, being down so low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great fans. I was underwhelmed by the noise level where I

Sep 9, 2018, 9:54 AM

was sitting (pretty high up). Not near as noisy as DV when it gets serious, but I sit lower there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did you think of Aggie’s fans, their noise level, 105K in attendence?

Sep 9, 2018, 9:55 AM

It was great on TV, that is for sure!

I knew it would be if the game stayed close. I love that school, so much props to them. If not Clemson, TAM would be my next choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 10:00 AM

Going forward, TAMU is likely to be my favorite SEC team. I like a lot of aggies I've known and I like a lot about TAMU.

Go Aggies!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 10:05 AM

I may do a full write-up later in my own post, but everything about the game and trip in general was amazing. Their fans are awesome, the stadium is very cool.

We bought tickets in the lower deck, sat among the Aggies, and where we were I’d say that game was as loud as any I’ve been to. It was rocking. I actually think it may have been the loudest game I’ve attended. It was easily right there with some of our recent home games that were memorable for the noise (Louisville, UGA, 2005 Miami). I was really impressed.

Sep 9, 2018, 10:13 AM

I was in the 300’s and went down to the 200’s. It was way louder the lower you went.

Re: What did you think of Aggie’s fans, their noise level, 105K in attendance?

Sep 9, 2018, 11:12 AM

I don't care for Jimbo Fisher, and lost some respect for TAM when they hired him. But, I totally respect TAM otherwise. Fan participation looked great and they had a lot of fun IMO. I hope they continue to play well and challenge the West division. Kudos to TAM for a game that was well-played.

Jimbo is a good guy... understand

Sep 9, 2018, 11:29 AM

He was going through hell at FSU and still got them a national championship. The situation with his wife and then dealing with crablegs boy, he gave a lot of blood at that place. And sure, he could have just gone hardaa on the players and blew up their chances, but he was in a family crisis situation too and probably figured why take on the team discipline hardass role at the same time.

Just trying to put myself in his shoes at the time.

If Dabo likes him, then he ain’t all bad. Watch Jimbo’s post game press conference. He is a straight shooter and he loves his players, just like Dabo. For me, I am happy he is at TAM because he can be Jimbo there. At FSU or Texas, the powers that be will always have their thumb on the coach and expect him to bend the rules to win. Not so at TAM. If he says “no”, they will respect it.

If after a few years he has the same player issues he had at FSU, I will change my opinion of him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TRUELY EPIC - to see it in person - really great atmosphere

Sep 9, 2018, 11:38 AM

great fans.

really enjoyed talking to really nice respectful, and actually lucid and knowledgable about football.

Great place to take a game in.

Might goto Tally this year - don't expect the same level of respect from fans......

null

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic