Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What chance do you think Christian Wilkins returns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 6,567

What chance do you think Christian Wilkins returns

Jan 4, 2018, 8:46 PM

for his senior year? Call me crazy but he seems cut from a different cloth...I think there's a chance he returns unlike many who immediately wrote him off to the NFL.

If you had to put a percentage on it between 75%-99%, what you guess?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What chance do you think Christian Wilkins returns

Jan 4, 2018, 8:52 PM

Already graduated, why would he stick around to take dancing and bowling electives when he could make millions in the NFL?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 9:43 PM

Dancing yes. Bowling no. And who needs millions when you could win another title???

As great as Clemson University is, I'd take the $$.

Jan 4, 2018, 9:53 PM

What is left for Wilkins to accomplish? He has a college degree, he has played in three college football playoffs, and he has won a national championship. If we had come close but not won, I could possibly see him returning. As great as his college experience has been, I honestly don't see why he should stay.

if I were in his shoes, I would enter the draft and make those millions while I could. It would be life changing. What if he returns for his senior season and has a career ending injury?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: As great as Clemson University is, I'd take the $$.

Jan 5, 2018, 8:19 AM

He gets paid $10 Million in an insurance policy. So top 20 money which depending on your signing bonus could be more than you get paid when you get injured in the NFL.

null

Jan 4, 2018, 8:52 PM

I selfishly want him to come back, but if he is a first round guy he probably needs to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 8:53 PM

Zero chance. He graduated in 2.5 years and has a National Championship. Would make no sense to return. He’s a first rounder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 8:55 PM

I have no idea if he will stay or go...but if he goes...we will lose the BEST fake punt receiver
I've ever seen at Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None at all*****

Jan 4, 2018, 8:56 PM

Jan 4, 2018, 8:57 PM

I think he's leaving because after the sugar bowl, he was really emotional, which tells me that was his last game at Clemson. would love to have him back

Jan 4, 2018, 8:58 PM

He goes down as one of my all time favorites, but go get paid young man!

Zero

Jan 4, 2018, 8:58 PM

If he has any sense.... which I know he does.

That’s an awfully big payday coming

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

0% as mentioned above he already graduated and he did the

Jan 4, 2018, 9:03 PM

whole senior day thing. He gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 4, 2018, 9:06 PM

I think he leaves for sure. However, if he returns, what would people think of making a Heisman push for him? Put him back into some offensive packages, let him catch, run, and throw for a few touchdowns in addition to his defense.

Jan 4, 2018, 9:13 PM

If I have to go between 75-99%, I would say 75

Ima go with the -99% option***

Jan 4, 2018, 9:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

High chance it’d be the best defensive

Jan 4, 2018, 9:30 PM

Unit we’ve ever had at Clemson. Wilkins playing alongside XT, Lawrence, Josh Belk, Mike Jones Jr, Jeffries, oh my.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: High chance it’d be the best defensive

Jan 5, 2018, 7:04 PM

That doesn't even include the guys from the past two recruiting cycles that everyone has forgot about!

Would you expect XT to out perform CF in Year 1?***

Jan 5, 2018, 7:28 PM [ in reply to High chance it’d be the best defensive ]

Re: Would you expect XT to out perform CF in Year 1?***

Jan 5, 2018, 7:55 PM

Clelin had to redshirt his first year because of a broken bone in his hand. XT will not be redshirting, he will likely be taking Clelin's vacated spot

Jan 4, 2018, 9:33 PM

No chance - you can tell that from his post game interview, he wasn't just getting choked up about losing in the semis it also had to do with him knowing that it was his last college game.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 6, 2018, 9:21 AM

NONE

Jan 6, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: What chance do you think Christian Wilkins returns ]

none!

Sorry TTT, but it's in his best interest to go pro.

Jan 4, 2018, 10:14 PM

I think even Dabo has stated through the years if there was a player who he knew should go to the next level he'd advise him to do it.And that would be what I'm sure he has told Christian.
I'm with you though, and really wish he'd come back.But then again I'd feel it was a mistake for him to do so and be concerned for injury.

Go Christian and Go Tigers!

TWO CHANCES!

Jan 5, 2018, 3:26 AM

SLIM and NONE

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Christian is

Jan 5, 2018, 7:05 AM

His own man. I'd be surprised if he returned, but he's proven to think on an entirely different level. He's just a very special young man with an incredibly bright future.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2018, 9:34 AM

IMO...it would be beyond crazy for him to return. Risk injury, or a terrible year with very little head room remaining on his draft stock. Most of these really good players have agents that will tell them it is not worth the risk. Can not think of a single good reason for him to not declare for the draft, if someone could tell me why in the world he would, let me know. He will be a first round pick for sure, and if he won the Heisman next year and was #1 pick, his reward would be going to where good players go to ruin promising careers in cold a$$ Cleveland. I still wonder if DW4 did not ask to be pulled when he had a comfortable lead in games, just to get on a better team. I do think DW4 is smart enough to play those NFL idiot recruiters for suckers.

Christian was a huge surprise when he came and he will be

Jan 5, 2018, 7:17 PM

The same when he goes. The power Rangers have to have their leader and he loves Dexter Lawrence like a Brother!!

He and Dex will go out at the same time next year!! Can’t wait to see our defense next year!!

I hope he stays but I’m sure he will go and I can’t blame him! Love you Christian an I will miss you playing for our Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

0***

Jan 5, 2018, 8:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10%, max..he's different, but not a bit stupid.***

Jan 5, 2018, 11:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

He's gone and it will be the right decision for him.***

Jan 6, 2018, 12:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 9:06 AM

He is gone. But, I also believe that he will be one of our greatest alumni members and outspoken advocates. He loves Clemson. Christian is a different cat. I think that you will see him out there representing Clemson University with class and dignity in the same fashion that CJ does.

Thanks for everything you've done for Clemson Christain. God speed young man!

Replies: 31
| visibility 6,567
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic