Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What calls were NCST mad about? Every single one of...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

What calls were NCST mad about? Every single one of...

Nov 6, 2017, 8:56 AM

them was obviously a penalty. It seemed like they were arguing every single PI call but they were all over our receivers all night. Every single contested ball they were either grabbing our receivers jersey or holding onto them from behind.

Seems like Doeren and their fan base don't understand penalties...

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They claim,as does their coach, that ND

Nov 6, 2017, 8:59 AM

was allowed to mug their WR's last week but they were called for it this week. Sounds Middle School to me.

Re: They claim,as does their coach, that ND

Nov 6, 2017, 9:23 AM

Well all crews call the game differently

That's comical LOL

My favorite wuffie argument is that the ACC is protecting

Nov 6, 2017, 9:03 AM

Clemson to help us make the playoffs. Yeah, because that's what the ACC did last year, especially when we played Pitt. The ACC definitely has a history of protecting Clemson with biased officiating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: My favorite wuffie argument is that the ACC is protecting

Nov 6, 2017, 9:24 AM

Yeah we're the last team to get all the calls...

We were talking about this during the game.

Nov 6, 2017, 9:30 AM

Seemed to be good replays of nearly every call and they seemed obvious. I am really tired of most fan bases booing every call from the officials. Sometimes there is a penalty on them or us.

I actually thought the replays were good. Real time I thought that one NC state receiver had made that catch but on replay it was obvious he didn't have control and stepped on the line, yet they showed that one girl in the stands that kept saying "are you serious?", yes they were serious that was not a catch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its shocking to me...

Nov 6, 2017, 9:38 AM

I don't understand it. The refs actually called that game extremely well. NCST just continued to grab our receivers play after play. And they really freaked out about the block in the back on their long completion...and it was so obvious that's why ryan carter didn't make the tackle bc he was shoved from behind.

Yep. Every one of the penalties was legit

Nov 6, 2017, 9:31 AM

The only argument they have is the overturned catch. I think the replay official made the right call, but I can see the home fans being upset about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

BTW, NCSU coaches, players and fans

Nov 6, 2017, 9:34 AM

display loser mentality on a consistent basis. They along with Louseyville do mote whining than the rest of the ACC combined

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

He bobbled it.***

Nov 6, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Yep. Every one of the penalties was legit ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Understood, but I mean they're still complaining about..

Nov 6, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Yep. Every one of the penalties was legit ]

something that was obviously not a catch haha

They think their defenders should be able to hold every play

Nov 6, 2017, 9:35 AM

and their receivers should be able to bobble balls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The difference in our secondary and theirs...

Nov 6, 2017, 9:41 AM

I mean they had their way throwing the ball on us, but we weren't holding their receivers. Whenever there was a broken up pass, they expected a PI on Clemson but were just making plays on the ball

Re: What calls were NCST mad about? Every single one of...

Nov 6, 2017, 9:38 AM

Second play of the game there was blatant DPI that was not called.

Deon Cain caught a ball on third down past the marker, and went out of bounds past the marker and they spotted the ball one yard short of the first down where his feet were planted.

On the false start they called on Ray Ray, Chubb was 3 yards in the backfield before Ray Ray even moved.

Off the top of my head there are 3 plays that 100% went in favor of NC State that were completely missed by the officiating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree

Nov 6, 2017, 9:43 AM

Thought they missed a few calls our way but the most part called pretty well.

I do think they missed two PI's on them early on in the game (I believe both when defending Cain). And yeah don't see how they missed Chubb there...

Re: Completely agree

Nov 6, 2017, 9:44 AM

In the course of a game calls are going to go one way more than the other, and there will be close calls missed and made.

But for NC State to act like the refs bailed us out or missed a ton of calls is just ridiculous.

They really believe the refs bailed us out...............LOL***

Nov 6, 2017, 9:49 AM

Re:Guess What

Nov 6, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Completely agree ]

Who got called for a non existent chop block on a crucial drive? Not gatec, not ncs, but CLEMSON. Who had to score the same touchdown twice? Clemson. There were significantly more no calls against ncs than should have been. They had six penalties and should have been flagged for at least that many more. So, IMO the zebras called their usual game overall according to ACC standards. Poor!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were definitly letting them play early on***

Nov 6, 2017, 10:00 AM

Nov 6, 2017, 9:54 AM

Blaming officials after a game means one thing. You're trying to mask the fact that you weren't good enough. Blame Finley for missing a guy 15 yards behind our entire d. Or, even better, give us credit for making a play. That play by K'Von was one of the best I've seen all year.

Nov 6, 2017, 9:57 AM

Youre right, that last third down play before the INT was one of the best defensive plays Iv seen. He had DOD beat up the middle and K'Von made a hell of a play.

NCST seems to always throw out excuses for every loss. Last week they lost because of players being banged up and this week the refs wanted us to win.

Its now to the point of being comical.

Things didn't always go our way with the officiating either

Nov 6, 2017, 10:02 AM

That false start they called on us when it was clearly offsides on NCState early in the game. It wouldn've given us a first down. I went back and rewatched it and not one Clemson player moved early.

There were also constant misplacing of the ball. I can think of multiple times we got a first down only to have the ball spotted a full yard short of the line. Even Todd Blackledge pointed it out.

Re: Things didn't always go our way with the officiating either

Nov 6, 2017, 10:06 AM

Yeah I have no idea how they missed that offsides Chubb was at least 2 yards up field...and they were having issues spotting the ball. I can think of 3 times they spotted the ball incorrectly initially.

Re: Things didn't always go our way with the officiating either

Nov 6, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Things didn't always go our way with the officiating either ]

Ray Ray did move before the ball was snapped, he was 5 yards up the field, but that doesn't change the fact that Chubb was in the backfield well before Ray Ray moved an inch.

Agreed, i couldnt believe how far up field he was***

Nov 6, 2017, 10:10 AM

Wondering the same thing. Were there any calls

Nov 6, 2017, 10:13 AM

against NC State that weren't legitimate?

After watching the game again I didnt see any...***

Nov 6, 2017, 10:17 AM

This is about one thing...

Nov 6, 2017, 10:34 AM

Doeren knows that this year was going to be his best chance to make noise in the conference.

His team is LOADED w Seniors on both sides of the ball. He has an experienced qb and a couple of studs on offense and defense. This year was their best shot.

Next year, they will be gutted. Think UNC this year.

All his noise is a byproduct of knowing that he will fall back to the bottom of the pack for the next couple of years. He REALLY needed to win this year to get some recruits and a trophy to buy time.

Now... he has no trophy, is bound for the Belk Bowl - which their fans won’t like - and won’t get to trade on a div championship to help recruiting and buy time to rebuild.

Doeren is likely out in two years or less because he lost that game.

BEAT FSU

I am a bitter and angry man.

Solid points there. This really was a "must win" game

Nov 6, 2017, 10:47 AM

They're losing seniors across the board and this was really their chance to make a statement. Imagine the impact on recruiting this would have had if they won?

NCST is where they belong, the middle of the pack.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic