Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something about the way Coronavirus is reported that slightly bothers me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 670

Something about the way Coronavirus is reported that slightly bothers me.

May 22, 2020, 12:46 PM

Just slightly of course. They keep talking about how many cases there are to add more scare tactic to it or to justify the hysterics. It might be about be about building tv ratings.
I don't know. That said, the only thing that matters to me are the deaths. They have been relatively low.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they clearly trying to scare people?

May 22, 2020, 12:51 PM

Or is that just a potential reaction by a viewer? I believe the news should report facts, but they are not necessarily responsible for how people respond to the facts. But if they are inserting opinions or judgments along with the facts, that's a different story.

I look at daily new cases every day, but I don't find a reason to be scared or hysterical about it.

I'm not scared or hysterical either.

May 22, 2020, 4:47 PM

But I believe it's more dangerous and contagious than the flu, and I know I don't want it. Having said that, the virus has been hyped and politicized to death.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think some of it is intentional to maintain

May 22, 2020, 12:52 PM

So they did more testing (3.5x) and found more cases but...

May 22, 2020, 9:55 PM

it was about percentages up or down. Now that sounds 'logical'...

Maybe if there had been more testing to start with, the anomalies wouldn't be so extreme or even non -existent...

Dancing around to exude a perception has been the problem from the start depending on who's running the show...

I will say that McCluster did pull back and make some calculated cautious decisions over the last month and I've been pleased...

However, now isn't the time to undo it all... Don't give away your gains.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What bothers me is sneezing in public... what the new normal

May 22, 2020, 1:07 PM

It use to be to say “Bless you” ___ but now it might be “#### you”?

If it’s me, do I try to hold it in and blow my eardrums out?

Nobody is talking about this ... we need government guidance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What bothers me is sneezing in public... what the new normal

May 22, 2020, 6:02 PM

I think the new guideline is to attempt to blow it back the other way as then it will be filter by drawewrs/pants etc.

I'm amazed that Fauci hasn't found a chart which displays...

May 23, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to What bothers me is sneezing in public... what the new normal ]

his personal opinion on whether or not to blow out your ear drums rather than infecting a million other people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just sent this to station mgmt

May 22, 2020, 6:41 PM

One can make any point he pleases using stats...

May 22, 2020, 6:54 PM

if he chooses which stats to present and which to ignore.

Ex: USCe claimed a victory by touting the total yards (500+) gained by their offense during out last game with them. What is 500 yds worth if you lose by 7 touchdowns? GO #####!?!

My oldest daughter was finishing her degree in evening classes in Chatt. She was stressing over being able to retain the details of her statistics class and apply it to future business. I told her the only thing she needed to remember is that selected statistics are good only to deceive. The purpose of elementary statistics is to make the student able to determine when someone is bullchitting them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 670
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic