Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When do we visit the Trumpster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

When do we visit the Trumpster

Jan 17, 2017, 7:50 PM

Just curious?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully never. Talk about hurting recruiting. Have a pic

Jan 17, 2017, 7:54 PM

like that floating around.

Re: Hopefully never. Talk about hurting recruiting. Have a pic

Jan 17, 2017, 8:01 PM

Yeah that would be program suicide. Best to leave that one down wind

I'm not a Trump guy, but imo it shouldn't hurt

Jan 18, 2017, 7:03 AM

recruiting for us to visit. It's not like Dabo was campaigning for him or anything. When you get invited to the White House, you're typically gonna go regardless of your thoughts on the president. I really doubt any college program in the nation is going to turn down the invite. That being said, I'm guessing at some point over the next 4 years a pro team or athlete will choose to boycott the visit, though.

BS - its about us not the POTUS - what, you sayin that

Jan 17, 2017, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Hopefully never. Talk about hurting recruiting. Have a pic ]

college champs shouldn't go for the next 4? Check your sensibilities.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care about POTUS as much as I care about recruiting.

Jan 17, 2017, 9:35 PM

Hopefully, it won't come up. If it does, then we need to respectfully decline. I don't want Clemson to have to live down or explain a picture with that buffoon for the future, long after he has left office. He cares as much about Clemson football as our players care about him. I really hope they don't go for a picture with him.

You seem to think just because he's president, a certain amount of respect is owed. He behaves like a middle schooler and that is an insult to middle schoolers everywhere. He won the election, with 3 million less votes than his opponent. But he won it and will be president. That doesn't wipe away things he's said and done. Grabbing female parts, mocking handicapped people, etc.

Many of us felt the exact same way...

Jan 17, 2017, 9:50 PM

...about the buffoon currently squatting in the Oval.

Suck it up buttercup, Trump will be YOUR "prezzie" too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's President Trump y'all. At least it wasn't President Clinton am I right?***

Jan 17, 2017, 9:54 PM

Re: Many of us felt the exact same way...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Many of us felt the exact same way... ]

Too controversial. This is an unorthodoxed election historically, filled with raw emotions at all levels. Could be polarizing to the program.

Exactly. Benefits do not outweight the costs. This is not a

Jan 17, 2017, 10:12 PM

cut and dried decision as in the past.

What a dumb post which is typical.***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:03 PM [ in reply to I don't care about POTUS as much as I care about recruiting. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:15 PM [ in reply to I don't care about POTUS as much as I care about recruiting. ]

If that doesn't wipe away things he's said and done why would you want Tigernetto wipe out your farewell post and that you were done with Clemson?

Since you are through with Clemson, why does it matter what picture is shown and what Trump says about Clemson.

I dont give a #### if you wipe what i posted away of not. I

Jan 17, 2017, 10:23 PM

don't care about you. Please forgive me! You're so important to me you person that I have never met or seen. I had a political issue one day and did not stick to my declaration because my feelings for Clemson were too strong. But go ahead and post my post everyday if it makes you happy. It doesn't affect me one bit. Frankly, I don't expect you to wipe it away and would be disappointed if you did. Relish it, post it, think about it day and night, enjoy it. I've probably contributed more to Clemson since that post than you have your whole life. I get it. I'm a celebrity to you. I couldn't tell you your screen name as I type this. I find it very amusing that you can still associate my screen name with a post from several years ago. I love it. I can push your buttons anytime I want.

I've had a mom survive 28 days in ICU since that post, had a spouse survive a cancer scare, had a father survive a cancer scare, had my team win a national championship! You think I give a #### that you remember that post and bring it up on this board. I hope you repost it as a reply to this.

Is there something wrong with you?

Jan 17, 2017, 10:30 PM

Seems like you might be a few fries short of a happy meal.

It's a tradition...

Jan 17, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Hopefully never. Talk about hurting recruiting. Have a pic ]

..and won't hurt recruiting one iota.

Not everything is political.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In keeping Carrier and Ford here, Trump

Jan 17, 2017, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Hopefully never. Talk about hurting recruiting. Have a pic ]

..has already done more than Bush and Obama combined. And he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

FWIW...

Jan 17, 2017, 8:13 PM

Bama visited early March last year and THE SuckSU visited in late April the year before.....hopefully we skip it.

Re: FWIW...

Jan 17, 2017, 8:20 PM

Some things just have to be ignored!

Jan 17, 2017, 8:20 PM [ in reply to FWIW... ]

Going to the White House is a time honored tradition. Clemson or any other championship team will go. Put politics aside and respect the country and office

Jan 17, 2017, 8:22 PM

Whatever

Our fans booed the President during

Jan 17, 2017, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: FWIW... ]

Military Day inductions, so yeah, ####, and spare me the lecture about respecting the office, but I forget, the Pubs are back in charge! Everyone kneel! Stay home, Tigers.

At least PUBS aren't snowflakes needing their safe places.***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:07 PM

That line of thought went out the window with this candidate

Jan 17, 2017, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: FWIW... ]

and this election. Times change. No person, even the president, gets unearned respect.

So, which is it?

Jan 17, 2017, 9:49 PM

Are supposed to respect others or not?

Following your line of logic, why should anyone respect your opinion regarding Trump? The team should have the right to say to hell with your opinion and bask in the glory of a white house and presidential visit.

I think I'll defer to the guy that has accomplished a great deal more than you in his lifetime, including winning an election to become the President of the United States.

Like you said, no person should get unearned respect.

You don't have to see it my way. I think if our players had

Jan 17, 2017, 10:01 PM

a say, they wouldn't want to go. I might be wrong about that though. It's just a shame that you assume that someone that has reached that office might be a better person than an everyday working man. Be careful with that way of thinking. Trump has done some pretty disgusting things to people including ripping off people with that bogus university of his. He's a joke and that office has lost a lot of luster with his arrival. I personally will never think as much of it again. But they say as you get older, things that used to seem big, seem small and things that used to seem bigger than life, no longer seem that way.

Why wouldn't the players want to go to the White House and meet the most

Jan 17, 2017, 10:11 PM

..powerful man in the world???

The more you type the more ignorant you sound.

The majority of our players would not want to meet that man

Jan 17, 2017, 10:13 PM

no matter how much power he had.

Sounds like your own hatred...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:24 PM

...has gotten the best of you. Get a grip.

Players will meet President Trump, mark it down.

Re: Sounds like your own hatred...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:37 PM

They may go according to your clairvoyancy but there will be backlash. Mark it down... biggley

why? Bc they've been told not to... dems hate the man bc

Jan 17, 2017, 10:56 PM [ in reply to The majority of our players would not want to meet that man ]

He may actually do well and steal those African American votes in his next term. So don't think for yourself and just listen to the same old idiots who've dug the hole for all these years....got it :)

Re: why? Bc they've been told not to... dems hate the man bc

Jan 17, 2017, 11:36 PM

Trump is not stealing any African-American votes. I know the majority of the players will not be thrilled to go to the White House to see Trump. This disrespect for Obama on these boards and in general is sickening. He has not always made the popular decisions but far from being the worst president.

You have been watching way too much CNN.

Jan 17, 2017, 11:32 PM [ in reply to The majority of our players would not want to meet that man ]

Our team will be going to meet Trump and be congratulated for being national champions. Nobody will have a problem with it, and it won't hurt recruiting.

I really hope your comments in this thread are a joke, and I just missed it. Otherwise, you're nuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

that'll be awesome

Jan 17, 2017, 8:26 PM

Plus he'll match our colors.

Re: that'll be awesome

Jan 17, 2017, 8:33 PM

Going to be YUGE!

Re: that'll be awesome

Jan 17, 2017, 8:34 PM

Biggley

Early March is the traditional time...

Jan 17, 2017, 9:40 PM

...and is very non-politcal

Re: When do we visit the Trumpster

Jan 17, 2017, 9:47 PM

We will go and we should go.

Trump got 8% of the African American vote.

Jan 17, 2017, 9:48 PM

Plus, I doubt he feels comfortable around that many black people at once.

And what facts exactly can you point to...

Jan 17, 2017, 9:54 PM

...to back up that ludicrous statement?

Do you live under a rock?

Jan 17, 2017, 10:00 PM

Looks like we got another one.

We? you got a frog in your pocket big man?

Jan 17, 2017, 10:05 PM

Don't be an idiot and tell us all why you think Trump would be at all uncomfortable around any of our athletes?

No, little fella.

Jan 18, 2017, 8:42 AM

Don't be a gullible cretin. You know why over 9 out of 10 African Americans didn't vote for him.

Ha ha that's a good one...

Jan 18, 2017, 11:13 PM

...that thesaurus comes in handy doesn't it.

So why again would Trump be uncomfortable around ANY of our athletes? YOU made the preposterous statement that you "doubt he feels comfortable around that many black people at once".

Back it up Big-Brain.

Better Trump than Obama

Jan 17, 2017, 9:57 PM

Just think we'll have gone to see Reagan and a guy a lot of people compare to Reagan in Trump.

If anything Trump was Worth it for the Supreme Court justices alone

Jan 17, 2017, 10:02 PM

We get to have a USA for at least a little while longer

Re: If anything Trump was Worth it for the Supreme Court justices alone

Jan 17, 2017, 10:06 PM

Let the team vote on it.

WHy? The pubs wouldn't let Obama appoint one for the last

Jan 17, 2017, 10:07 PM [ in reply to If anything Trump was Worth it for the Supreme Court justices alone ]

11 months.

Can't stop laughing at someone comparing Trump to Reagan

Jan 17, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Better Trump than Obama ]

Wow!!!!!! You are really going to be disappointed.

Re: Can't stop laughing at someone comparing Trump to Reagan

Jan 17, 2017, 10:29 PM

How exactly is that? Look at Reagan at the same point as Trump. He was getting the same type of scrutiny that he was undeserving, crazy, racist, etc. Yet he turned out to be one of the better modern Presidents.

I'm guessing...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Better Trump than Obama ]

Obama is a futsbol kind of guy...it's the universal sport of the commies. Trump probably appreciates real football more.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seeing how divisive this one thread is, I doubt the

Jan 17, 2017, 10:11 PM

university will approve such a visit. It is one thing if the visit will just be a photo op and nobody really cares, but if a few alums express this type of concern with the administration, they won't go. It is all about if the benefits outweigh the costs. That is what rational decision making is. Do the benefits outweigh the costs. Most of the time a visit to the White House the answer is yes the benefits outweigh the costs. With Trump, he is too controversial, and the visit will be too controversial. The costs outweigh the benefits, especially on the recruiting trail.

It will not happen.

I've seen people call you an idiot before.

Jan 17, 2017, 10:14 PM

I think they were on to something.

Dude you sound like a brainwashing robot

Jan 17, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Seeing how divisive this one thread is, I doubt the ]

Drop the politics. It's never been a political thing. Bama went to the White House last year, Ohio St. the year before that, all back through the Bush and the Clinton and the Bush and Reagan and the Carter and the Ford and the Nixon years and so forth....Champions have made the trip to the White House.

Guarantee you they make the visit.

The benefits outweight the costs with this one. But I will

Jan 17, 2017, 10:30 PM

say, that if you told me before the season that our biggest concern on Jan. 17 would be whether the team should visit the White House or not due to winning the natty, I'd have jumped for joy.

Re: The benefits outweight the costs with this one. But I will

Jan 17, 2017, 10:33 PM

Really!!!!

What benefits and what costs?

Jan 17, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to The benefits outweight the costs with this one. But I will ]

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about???

This is the trap one falls into...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:40 PM [ in reply to The benefits outweight the costs with this one. But I will ]

...when EVERYTHING in life is made political. It's been forced on us through class/race warfare, labeling and deeming political differences CRIMES. Those days are coming to an end and I know it's going to be hard getting off the we/they drug....but you'll be much happier...I promise.

I dont think that the Trumpster is going to be much of a ...

Jan 17, 2017, 10:43 PM

ceremonial president , i dont see him doing the little things like this with or for anyone , much less clemson football team.

Re: I dont think that the Trumpster is going to be much of a ...

Jan 17, 2017, 11:43 PM

Are you saying their wont be an Easter Egg hunt this year ?? My kids are crying , thanks not .

If I had to guess ... spring break

Jan 18, 2017, 7:11 AM

The team will want to include the guys that got us there. That will include sever ... like DW, who have already graduated and are hard at work prepping for the draft.

So, look for a time when the team is back together and arrangements can be made for DW, Boulware, Gallman, Mike and the guys who are no longer on campus could make the trip.

And for those who decry the politics of the situation, perhaps they can arrange a trip over to the UN, since Nikki Haley will be there.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When do we visit the Trumpster

Jan 18, 2017, 7:17 AM

Just going by previous history the team will visit the White House and meet President Trump at the end of March or early April.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic