Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are your projected conference rankings this year of Power5 leagues?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,129

What are your projected conference rankings this year of Power5 leagues?

Aug 8, 2018, 10:48 AM

I'm just an everyday Clemson fan, not super well versed on every team, etc.. but my prder would be:

1. ACC. Clemson, Miami, FSU (who will be better than people think!), VT, Boston College and NC St will all perform well.

2. PAC12. UW, USC, Oregon, Stanford, Utah and Ariz all have the ability to make some noise.

3. BIG10. Oh St (still has a lot of talent!), MichSt, Mich (annual underacheiver, but perhaps they put it together), Wisc all field talented squads.

4. SEC. Bama, UGA clearly above the rest, but decent second tier in LSU, TexAM, and Florida will win some games. The rest, well...

5. Big12. Not sure who will step up here. Texas? Ok? OkSt? None of them scare anyone though.

Thoughts??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: What are your projected conference rankings this year of Power5 leagues?

Aug 8, 2018, 11:03 AM

1. B1G Ohio State, Penn State, Mich State, Mich, Wisconsin.

2. ACC Clemson, Miami, FSU, VATech, McState

3. SEC BAMA, UGA, Miss State, LSU

4. Big XII Okla, UWV, Okla State, TCU

PAC12 UWA, Stanford, USC, Was State

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, totally forgot about PSU.***

Aug 8, 2018, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 8, 2018, 11:07 AM

I think WVU will surprise some people in the Big12. Their offense should be really good, and their defense won't hurt them too badly in conference since no one plays D in the Big12.

Texas may be a year away still, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were a 10 win team this year.

Penn St. should be solid as well in the Big10. Franklin is a heckuva coach, and they've been recruiting pretty well.

I think this is going to be USC's year to finally get back on top of the Pac12. It's bound to happen eventually with all their talent, but it seems like they fall apart in 2-3 games every year.

I don't have high hopes for Nc St or Oregon, but other than that, I agree with your list. Would probably put the Pac 12 behind the Big10 and SEC (if only because of Bama).
Big10 may be the best conference this year, but I'll believe it when they win some big time out of conference games... until then, they can stay in 2nd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2018, 11:11 AM

If I were to take a swing I would say
1: big ten. Weakest bottom but more teams at the top with penn st., mich, mich st. Ohio st., wisconsin, and possibly even Nebraska getting some bite back.
2. ACC. Clemson, FSU, Miami, and BC, I think those 4 will all be really tough. I think there will be a decent midsection and very few easy outs.
3. SEC. pretty much just here for bama and Georgia. Huge drop from there to auburn and then another to the bottom feeders
4. Pac 12. No dominant teams a bunch of teams like Washington and Arizona who could make noise
5. Big 12. Maybe Oklahoma and West Virginia. Huge losses across the board for this conference.

Good morning friend!!!

Aug 8, 2018, 11:12 AM

1. ACC. Clemson, Miami, FSU, VT, Boston College and NC St (I agree with your picks) add L'ville (sometimes teams get better when the "star" leaves").

2. PAC12. UW, USC, Stanford, Utah and Ariz all have the ability to make some noise.

3. BIG10. Oh St MichSt, Wisc, Penn. St., Nebraska .

4. SEC. Bama, UGA, LSU, TexAM (will upset someone), and uscjr. (because of easy conf. schedule) Arkansas (will finish one game below .500 in conf. play)

5. Big12. Texas? Ok? OkSt?

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2018, 11:42 AM

I think the ACC has a lot of potential but I think we'll see some steps back by NC State, Louisville, and maybe even Virginia Tech if what I've heard/read is true. Clemson is obviously elite, and Miami had a fantastic season last year but also they need to show it wasn't a fluke. On top of that, Florida State needs to get back to their normal position as a national contender before we can really consider the conference on the same level as the SEC or B1G.

1. B1G
2. SEC
3. ACC
4. PAC 12
5. Big XII

Mine............

Aug 8, 2018, 11:50 AM

152. SC Region 2 1A
153. South GA Pee Wee District 2
154. Good ole boy's over 40 adult flag league
155. SEC East

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Aug 8, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: What are your projected conference rankings this year of Power5 leagues? ]

VT is hard to figure this season. Offense could be better, but defense lost a LOT of players. Of course, the cupboard is not completely bare on defense, but depth is going to be thin, IMO. First game will tell a lot about quality (time will tell about depth).

Aug 8, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: What are your projected conference rankings this year of Power5 leagues? ]

VT is hard to figure this season. Offense could be better, but defense lost a LOT of players. Of course, the cupboard is not completely bare on defense, but depth is going to be thin, IMO. First game will tell a lot about quality (time will tell about depth).

I'm leaning toward ACC as a top 3 conference after the last few seasons, not sure if it'll be #1 again. Miami could be key.

Aug 8, 2018, 2:24 PM

I think Miami and FSU will be key, just because we would need to have more than just two top-tier teams to be considered the best conference. That's why I put the B1G as the top conference. They have teams like Ohio State, Penn St and Wisconsin who are all thought to be Top 10, with Michigan & Michigan State being Top 15-20.

Clemson is clearly a top tier team and Miami is up there too, but it's not clear what's going to happen with Florida State. We know they've got 5-star talent and if they get Taggart's system down quickly then they could be in the national title hunt, but how long is it going to take for them to get on the same page? I really wish we were playing FSU earlier in the year, because by the time we play them in late October, they could be rolling.

Aug 8, 2018, 2:59 PM

Ate you asking for conference rank, or a list of the top team in each conference?

ACC will probably be 3rd this year

Aug 8, 2018, 3:04 PM

The bottom of the Big Ten is finally improving and the top is excellent. SEC and Big Ten will probably be 1/2 with the ACC 3rd, Big XII 4th and Pac 12 5th.

The ACC is going to be incredibly deep this year, but i think Miami and FSU both need to be better than expected (10+ wins) to move the conference higher than 3rd.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic