Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is no one taking up for DJ Howard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Why is no one taking up for DJ Howard

Sep 11, 2014, 12:24 PM

The way they are for Cole Stoudt. DJ Howard has actually played for Clemson in meaningful games before, but everyone is calling for him to be benched. And it's some of the same ones that then scream about Cole deserves this because he paid his dues (I guess this means at practice) and that he is seasoned and experienced (I guess this also comes from practice). What am I missing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you missing?

Sep 11, 2014, 12:24 PM

CJ, according to your user name.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Excellent observation, bob***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:26 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

He is a stoot, that bob.

Sep 11, 2014, 3:45 PM

Nice work, bob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

And you have a way with wurds...

Sep 11, 2014, 4:54 PM

Jes sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And you have a way with wurds...

Sep 11, 2014, 5:00 PM

Could you take this non sense somewhere else? I'm still trying to read a good reason to how anyone could want Cole Stoudt as the QB

Cole who?

Sep 11, 2014, 8:49 PM

I thought DW was our starting QB...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is no one taking up for DJ Howard

Sep 11, 2014, 12:26 PM

Because if someone thinks dj is good they have no ideal what talent looks like.

Because DJ hasn't proven that he's a between the tackles

Sep 11, 2014, 12:29 PM

type of runner. While we have much more promising backs in Choice, Gallman, and once he's healthy, in Dye.

Stoudt has shown that he has the tools necessary to lead our team and score TD's.

That's the difference

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Because DJ hasn't proven that he's a between the tackles

Sep 11, 2014, 4:35 PM

What? The son of a b***h has thrown only 1 td pass in 2 games. What tools are you talking about?

Re: Because DJ hasn't proven that he's a between the tackles

Sep 12, 2014, 8:57 AM

wow calling our player a SoB....

it is a shame this place doesnt have mods to take out pieces of trash like yourself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

"when he's healthy..."

Sep 12, 2014, 5:55 AM [ in reply to Because DJ hasn't proven that he's a between the tackles ]

I think you are relying on Dye too much

Sep 11, 2014, 12:39 PM

Howard is ok. Just not a break away guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 12:40 PM

Lol because there is a monumental difference in running talent between him and the others ... Open your eyes!!!

DJ Howard doesn't rock the mandana***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:41 PM

Re: DJ Howard doesn't rock the mandana***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:52 PM

Lol first time hearing that term!!!

You just say what sounds good in your head.

Sep 11, 2014, 12:51 PM

Lately that's the only place it makes any sense. Plenty of us have pointed out that DJ is our best and probably our only good blocking back now.

Your ability to remember only what you want and forget or ignore the remainder is uncanny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait for this rookies to improve their blocking

Sep 11, 2014, 1:00 PM

The offense is eventually going to come back to life. I just hope it happens before the second half of the season.

Re: I can't wait for this rookies to improve their blocking

Sep 11, 2014, 1:52 PM

I hope it comes back with a passion next week. I also hope the OL improves over its performance vs ugay. If it does, we have a good chance to upset FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for his blocking ability, we need a back that can run

Sep 11, 2014, 8:20 PM [ in reply to You just say what sounds good in your head. ]

the #### ball. If teams know he can't run and all he can do is block they will just bring extra blizters.

We saw what no running game does against UGA.

Re: Why is no one taking up for DJ Howard***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:59 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

How many snaps has DJ had to prove himself? Cole?***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:59 PM

For me, "paying dues" has nothing to do with it.

Sep 11, 2014, 2:02 PM

It's because evaluating QBs is much more difficult than evaluating RBs, and we are more apt to trust the coaches in that case.

Plus, we have seen Stoudt plenty before, and even though it was mostly in mop-up, he has been outstanding at times. On the other hand, Howard has never, ever been outstanding, and has been average at best.

I think those who are itching to see more of Watson will be satisfied soon enough anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They aren't the same propel bc they're both seniors

Sep 11, 2014, 2:22 PM

People have much more confidence in Stoudt's ability than they do in Howard's. However, Howard hasn't made the majority of carries, so there's not been much reason to call for him to be benched either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he didn't back up Tajh Boyd...

Sep 11, 2014, 2:42 PM

Some of the people who think Stoudt should be the starter, swore up and down the offense would run smoother with Stoudt now that Boyd is gone. When in fact when Stoudt is in the offense is a whole let less smoother than when Tajh played. The offense does run smoother with Watson. These are just people who refuse to admit that they were wrong

Re: Because he didn't back up Tajh Boyd...

Sep 11, 2014, 3:36 PM

I admit I was wrong I thought cole would be much better and deshaun would need more time. No way did I think deshaun would be this good. I'm blown away and I think the coaching staff is too. Maybe he is a gamer and not a practice stud, because I don't see how you can see the game results and say cole gives us the best chance to win.

Had a former Clemson player who stays involved with...

Sep 11, 2014, 8:22 PM

the program, tell me that Watson would be starting by the end of the season. The statement took me by surprise. I honestly thought Stoudt would have a good year. I noticed in pre game warm ups last season, that he had developed a quicker release. But that hasn't shown during game time. After the first two games he doesn't look like a starter at the FBS level.

Re: Had a former Clemson player who stays involved with...

Sep 11, 2014, 8:43 PM

Did he say by which game? I say after FSU, I'm curious of others opinions on that

Quick question...

Sep 11, 2014, 3:40 PM

does.."paying your dues" mean the same as..being on the team longer?

Just wondering..

;)

Re: Quick question...

Sep 11, 2014, 4:49 PM

That's been my question since June. The reason DJ Howard is playing is bc he has proven for 3 years now that he can play at this level and be effective. Cole had his coming out party against Georgia, well we know how that went. Now Deshaun on the other hand showed that the speed and reads in a big time football is not too much for him. Deshaun can throw deep balls, still look downfield in the face of a blitz and make plays. I said from day 1 that I'm pulling for Cole, but it is much too obvious that Cole can't get it done at a level it takes to beat major football teams.

Sep 11, 2014, 3:42 PM

DJ is average and there are very talented running backs that aren't true freshman (though 1 is) that are behind him. Also, Cole hasn't ever shown to be a liability, he just has a superb athlete behind him. Those calling for Cole are basing it off of Deshaun's potential and those calling for DJ are basing it off of his lack of production.

Sep 11, 2014, 3:48 PM

yawn same #### different day from the OP.

null

Does it really matter?

Sep 11, 2014, 6:33 PM

It's message board where everyone is free to speak their mind. We all already know where you stand, why don't you leave the pro-Stoudt fans alone and get in the pro-Watson corner. At the end of the day, you're just a fan. Dabo is the head coach, and he will make the call. Getting your panties in a bunch on a message board over another's opinion (to which they have a right and do not need to justify it to you) is frivolous...

Re: Does it really matter?

Sep 11, 2014, 8:44 PM

Lol I'm jk man, really just messing around. I thought the way I said it would give that away. You just don't like me do you...? ??

Sep 11, 2014, 6:55 PM

Because here he is taking a handoff.

http://www.ohmagif.com/2013/07/21/funny-raccoon-stealing-cats-food/

Sep 11, 2014, 7:02 PM

DJ? That you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's because he's played poorly enough to play

Sep 11, 2014, 8:03 PM

himself out of the job while Stoudt hasn't played particularly bad just that DW seems to be the superior player.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic