Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are we expecting?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What are we expecting?

Feb 5, 2020, 11:56 AM

Brownell has been very vocal about needing the fanbase to support. There have been 3-4 games where Clemson always has a packed house.ACC games usually are always full in the lower bowl... Maybe noise doesn't necessarily change the result of enough games to get Clemson in the tournament, but it does effect recruiting when all of November and December nobody bothers to attend any games against bad teams...

This year alone, we have beaten UNC in chapel hill, beat #3 duke, beaten good teams in Syracuse, TCU, and NC State, but unfortunately slipped on the road vs a ACC dweller WF...

Clemson is 12-10, very much on the cusp of an NIT berth with their resume and would likely need to go 5-3 from here on out to get on the bubble during the ACCT. 4-4 with one ACCT win gets you in no doubt...

For those wanting to fire Brownell, go check how many sweet 16 berths of heck any tournament wins we had this century. Frankly I'd rather have a good enough team once every 2-4 years that has the ability to go deep then have a ok team every year that gets bounced in the first round.

Look at this recruiting class, we have a ESPN top 40 class,#1 recruit in SC (we're winning the state) and another 4 star recruit. We replaced FIVE starters and are still above .500 with some really good wins... We may miss the NCAA, but I'll take NIT for a team that replaced 5 starters...

Everyone can laugh, but Rome was not built in a day, Brownell turned 3 star KJ McDaniels into a NBA journeyman along with 3 star Jaron blossomgame. He single handily took our active NBA players from 1-3. Those who leave our program are excellent citizens who contribute to our society, or go play basketball overseas. We run a clean program, we don't want what LSU has (and what many here yelled for)

We FINALLY won in chapel Hill, if anything that should buy Brownell a year... There is not a single one of you who would've not taken us beating UNC for Brad being here in 2021 in the preseason.

Let's say we get lucky and we get a coach that has us in the tournament for 2-3 years in a row, maybe even a sweet 16 berth. A college blue Chip program will grab him in a heartbeat and you will miss the success Brownell had here.

If Brownell gets his guys in during 2021 after his new lineup (good nights and bad nights) gets a year experience and still don't get above 17-13, it's probably time to crack the hammer, but I think it was well agreed upon in the program the NCAA tournament was not the expectation. This seems like a 16-14 team who wins 1 game in the ACCT team then goes to the NIT as a 3 seed at 17-15. If they beat UL or FSU at home, you can have the conversation if a team with two top 5 wins would be able to get in the tournament at 18-13. Let's please wait until the final buzzer rings before we put our coaches head on a platter. If anything, give the man from respect for humiliating Roy Williams

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

preface: again, not calling for Brad to be fired...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:03 PM

First, it is really kind of hard to blame fan support on a terrible performance ON THE ROAD to a very average WF team.

Living 3 hours away, it is a sacrifice of time and money to go not knowing what you are going to get. Just want consistent effort, win or lose.

I was willing and did that numerous times under the previous coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just had to mention "the previous coach" didn't you?

Feb 5, 2020, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I tried to be covert***

Feb 5, 2020, 12:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really seem to like women with that hairstyle.

Feb 5, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to You just had to mention "the previous coach" didn't you? ]

Living up to the GWP in your name, I see!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You really seem to like women with that hairstyle.

Feb 5, 2020, 6:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: preface: again, not calling for Brad to be fired...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to preface: again, not calling for Brad to be fired... ]

calling Wake average is being very kind

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As one of Brad Brownell's biggest fans and supporters once

Feb 5, 2020, 12:05 PM

said "he makes the NCAA next year or we make him run"

Of course that was said back in March of 2016. Of course the next year we went 17-16 (6-12 in the ACC) and lost in the first round of the NIT to something called Oakland University. But today is apparently different because that fan loves him some Brad and will absolutely attack you if you say something that he even perceives to be negative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: What are we expecting?

Feb 5, 2020, 12:09 PM

My favorite part is the imaginary coach that gets us to the Tourney, Sweet 16 even, then jilts us so we miss Brad.

Just thinking of that made me miss Brad already. I have the sadz.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't buy this defeatest mentality...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:18 PM

that Clemson has never had a great basketball program and shouldn't expect anything better than what we're currently getting.

I certainly can't speak for everyone, but two NCAA Tournament appearance in ten years is totally unacceptable. While the Sweet 16 appearance was great, it would have been better with a few more NCAA Tournament appearances mixed-in along the way.

Brownell has had ten years to prove he is the right man for the job. Again, I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I don't think he has done that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Baseball season

Feb 5, 2020, 12:33 PM

Hurry and get here quickly. Please.

Wait, do you have high expectations for baseball season?

Feb 5, 2020, 12:36 PM

Because I don't think baseball will make this board more fun, less divided or provide a reduction in vitriol.

Re: Wait, do you have high expectations for baseball season?

Feb 5, 2020, 3:01 PM

Actually my intentions were to give the super fans something else to gripe about! Fire Monte,

Re: I don't buy this defeatest mentality...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I don't buy this defeatest mentality... ]

You are all a bunch of pansy behind fans who do not know how to support a team in good times. I and a bunch of my friends sat in the bleachers(yes not nice formed seats and yelled our heads off as Locke's Loonies. we packed the place and the school enrollment was 10,000 or less. I was there we had David Angel take Tom Burlinson one on one from the top of the Key and beat NC State. We were almost never favored. Despite this, we still paced the place. You do not know that the team needs the support every time. If I still lived in the upstate, I would always try to be at games and make as much noise as I possibly could. Quite this complaining and do your part. If you are not there cheering, shut up and talk about something useful.

I have been a basketball season ticket holder for decades...

Feb 5, 2020, 12:54 PM

and can't remember the last time I missed a home game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Softball season

Feb 5, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I don't buy this defeatest mentality... ]

can't get her quick enough! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did the OP say that we shouldn't expect

Feb 5, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to I don't buy this defeatest mentality... ]

anything better?

I haven't seen anyone on here who believes that we can't be a better basketball program. The disagreement lies in whether or not one thinks Brad can be the coach to get us where we want to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How dare you criticize our fans.

Feb 5, 2020, 4:35 PM

Our fans are perfect and support our basketball program very well, except when we aren't winning enough, don't play exciting enough, it isn't football season, it isn't a weeknight game, and the weather isn't too cold or rainy.

Joking aside, thanks for your very reasonable post!

I expected to go to the NCAA tournament more times than

Feb 5, 2020, 6:12 PM

not. We haven't in ten years of Brownell; not even close. Expecting it going forward is laughable. Case closed. Time to be reasonable and move forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I expect to go to the Tourney every 4 out of 5 years.

Feb 5, 2020, 6:54 PM

That's what I'm expecting.

So after winning some hard games are we done fot

Feb 5, 2020, 7:46 PM

The yr

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic