Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the rules for Alcohol Sales. I always thought it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,161

What are the rules for Alcohol Sales. I always thought it

Oct 7, 2013, 10:44 AM

was a conference thing, but i guess Miami sells beer right? A few people said we were up 14-0 before 1/2 the crowd was able to get a beer and head to their seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: What are the rules for Alcohol Sales. I always thought it

Oct 7, 2013, 10:49 AM

There are no rules. urban legend. Every school decides for themselves. Clemson could decide tomorrow to start selling beer in DV.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CuseJuice

Oct 7, 2013, 12:07 PM

it's controlled by the State Gov.
Look at where the beer sales are and who/whom the stadium owner is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier likes to play by the gingivitis rule of thumb

Oct 7, 2013, 10:51 AM

If you've got Gin invite us!

Re: What are the rules for Alcohol Sales. I always thought it

Oct 7, 2013, 11:16 AM

Most colleges followed the rule of no alcohol sells at "on-campus" events. So if the football stadium was "on-campus" then it was not allowed. This was why Miami always allowed it because the stadium was not on campus.

This is the NCAA's Policy.

•The NCAA has for years banned sales and venue advertising of all alcohol at its 88 championships. Host sites are required to cover up any ads for alcoholic drinks.
•The NCAA does not control the regular season in any sport, nor does it run the postseason for the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision. Individual schools and conferences oversee the regular season, including game operations, broadcasting and advertising. The postseason for Division I Football Bowl Subdivision is controlled by the Bowl Championship Series and individual bowl committees.
Advertising Policy -

•The NCAA limits alcohol advertising during telecasts of its championships to no more than 60 seconds per hour during a broadcast, and it prohibits ads for all beverages where the alcoholic content exceeds six percent. Many of the alcohol ads contain language stressing the legal and responsible use of alcohol.
•Pregame and postgame telecasts are not under NCAA control and not subject to NCAA policy.
•In August 2008, the NCAA Executive Committee affirmed the Association's alcohol policy, including for advertising, describing it as very conservative and appropriate. Moreover, there have not been any proposals from the NCAA membership to change the Association's alcohol advertising policy.

More and More schools are beginning to sell alcohol for football games. I think it is around 20 of the 118 teams in FBS serve alcohol because they realize the revenue that it generates. The ACC "frowns" on it but does not prohibit. The SEC is the only conference that prohibits it.

I thought it was fun to be able to get a beer at the game...

Oct 7, 2013, 11:22 AM

...but I'm glad we don't sell alcohol. I think it's smart, especially when you consider the way we tailgate. I don't see our policy changing and I think Clemson is being responsible.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought it was fun to be able to get a beer at the game...

Oct 7, 2013, 11:28 AM

Exactly. The amount of drinking at SEC/south ACC pre-game tailgates is crazy. Schools have repeatedly said that they'll give up the beer revenue for the safety aspect.

i don't think miami had alcohol sales when i was there a few

Oct 7, 2013, 11:24 AM

years ago for the overtime win. went to a fins game the next day, and the landshark was flowing, however.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,161
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic