Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the chances that Dino Babers is FSU's HC by 2020/21
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What are the chances that Dino Babers is FSU's HC by 2020/21

Sep 10, 2019, 11:33 AM

If he picks up the pieces for the rest of this year, after the Maryland debacle, he's probably a pretty good fit to straighten out the mess in Tally.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Re: What are the chances that Dino Babers is FSU's HC by 2020/21

Sep 10, 2019, 11:34 AM

I like coach Babers and I hope he doesn't stay at the Cuse too long. He would be great for FSU

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

It depends on what

Sep 10, 2019, 11:38 AM

Urban chooses to do and...perhaps...whether Riley stays in Norman...or heads to Big D. FSU could actually be Option 3.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It depends on what

Sep 10, 2019, 12:30 PM

I think Dino would probably be a pretty good fit at FSU, but I hope it doesn’t happen. FSU can reap the whirlwind.
I don’t think Riley fits in Dallas. Jerry Jones demands that his employees be “yes men”. I can’t think of a single good Coach ever, that was a “yes man”. I hope Jerry finds his “yes man” Coach and keeps failing to win anything that matters, just like the last 23 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 11:48 AM

I doubt it. I do not see FSU going in that direction and IF Dino jumps, it will be back to the west coach IMO.

Actually Babers might be in a little bit of trouble if he does not have a decent showing this year. He had two 4-8 seasons correct? He can regress to far in his 4th season. Still, keeping them in the bowls and having a good win will be important but if he does not produce now when the ACC is as weak as it is, then it will be a tougher jump as if he jumped in January.

I expect FSU to grab some SEC DC or similar. Tom O'Brien kinda showed you can't jump from a nawthern ACC school to a southern school and be better off.

I don't want Babers anyhwere close to FSU

Sep 10, 2019, 11:48 AM

or USuC for that matter. Dino Babers is a good coach and I don't want him tainted with their rotten stench.

I know I'm probably in a minority voice here - but I could not care less if FSU remains dumpster fire from now until eternity. I don't buy the argument the ACC needs FSU to be good/great as a bad FSU hurts Clemson in the competitive schedule arena. FSU has stunk for 3 years now and it has had zero effect on our ability to get to the CFP. Clemson is now a recognized national powerhouse brand and we don't need a good FSU to build our credibility. I say screw FSU - a nasty program the deserves to be lost in the desert for while...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't want Babers anyhwere close to FSU

Sep 10, 2019, 11:52 AM

^ and hopefully they look back to the 90s and 00s like Pitt looks back to the 1930s

The question is would he want to?

Sep 10, 2019, 11:50 AM

Especially if Taggert is given another year or 2 to run the program even more into the ground.

Re: The question is would he want to?

Sep 10, 2019, 11:56 AM

Unless Taggart has a miraculous season I don't see him in Tally past this year. But I also know nothing about his contract, FSU buyout position, etc.

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Re: The question is would he want to?

Sep 10, 2019, 12:10 PM

They owe him $17 million if they get rid of him this year.

Taggarts buyout according to an FSU sports board:

Sep 10, 2019, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The question is would he want to? ]

If Florida State fires Taggart before his contract expires on Jan. 31, 2023, his buyout is 85 percent of the remaining balance. For example, if the Seminoles fire Taggart on Feb. 1, 2020, after his second full season as head coach, they would owe him 85 percent of $20 million, or $17 million.

Feb. 1, 2020: $17 million
Feb. 1, 2021: $12.75 million
Feb. 1, 2022: $8.5 million
Feb. 1: 2023: $4.25 million

If these numbers are correct - Taggart probably has through 2021 to run FSU into the dirt....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taggarts buyout according to an FSU sports board:

Sep 10, 2019, 2:01 PM

I think by season's end the FSU Alumni will be sending a collection plate around to get rid of him. He has many more showings last the last 2 weeks and he may not make it to season's end. I live in the middle of FSU country and many around are ready to can him now. It just takes a couple of wealthy Alumni and he'll be gone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taggarts buyout according to an FSU sports board:

Sep 11, 2019, 11:41 AM

I always read stuff like this (so and so's fans are taking a collection for a buyout), but has any school actually ever done this and followed through?

I don't think he will run it into the ground in a way that

Sep 10, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to The question is would he want to? ]

will really hurt his successor. Taggart's problem is that he can't coach. He's done a good job of program building everywhere he's been and i think he will do a good enough job of recruiting and all at FSU. His actual coaching acumen is just getting exposed as too much of a liability at the highest level of CFB. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves a better situation for the next coach than the one he himself stepped into when he replaced Jimbo.

Dino Babers to U5uC!

Sep 11, 2019, 11:54 AM

His delusional praise for them during his interview says it's so!

Sep 11, 2019, 3:08 PM

Well, the fan/booster crowd might want it, but actually the FSU Admin & ATH.Dept's higher-ups think Willie deserves time & blame practically all of it on Jimbo. Someone posted this piece from BR on Willie, Jimbo & FSU & I reposted it - but here it is again. I think Taggart has a lot of backing to be given time to straighten out one heckuva Jimbo Fisher debacle. Taggart may still be THE GUY to bring the Noles back.

https://syndication-bleacherreport-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2841875-the-mess-jimbo-left-inside-fsus-fall-and-willie-taggarts-plan-to-rise-again.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQEKAFwAQ%3D%3D#aoh=15682279582622&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

Sep 11, 2019, 3:23 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic