Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did I hear Pelosi right?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 348

Did I hear Pelosi right?

Sep 16, 2020, 10:52 AM

She said the house wouldn't recess until an agreement was reached to pass the house stimulus package is reached, is that true?

Is she really saying that she isn't going to allow her members to go home and campaign until the senate agrees to her bill? Did someone put LSD in her ice cream?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did I hear Pelosi right?

Sep 16, 2020, 10:54 AM

Nope again and again, 2/3 of us are too busy talking about how stupid our current POTUS is for even talking to Watergate Woodward much less him telling him that "Putin and Xi don't even know that we have developed a top secret, super duper, brand new nuclear weapons system". SMFH

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 10:57 AM

Yes, yes you did hear her say that. It crazy I know.

All I heard was that no recess until an agreement was made.

Sep 16, 2020, 11:07 AM

With a majority in the house and here ability to cast proxy votes for all her members I'm sure she isn't concerned about conflicts within her party. That pretty much narrows it down to her holding a gun on her own people until Trump and the republicans in the senate cry uncle.

She's needs to borrow a couple of Joe's handlers to keep her from hurting herself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I heard was that no recess until an agreement was made.

Sep 16, 2020, 11:12 AM

They don't call her crazy Nance Pelosi for nothing. If you really think about it then that would keep in DC away from all those pissedoff business owner in San Fran. Maybe not that crazy after all.

Re: All I heard was that no recess until an agreement was made.

Sep 16, 2020, 5:47 PM

Crazy like a fox.

What an idiot. Why is she putting country before party?***

Sep 16, 2020, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

You don't believe that.***

Sep 16, 2020, 6:10 PM

She's got a $3+ trillion dollar package ready including a trillion to bail out NY and Cali while the senate pubs have approved a $500 billion for back to school assistance, unemployment benefits and more testing.

Trump's already gotten a ton of money in the hands of states to enhance UE compensation. Why would republicans agree to 3 trillion knowing that holding firm would prevent house dems from campaigning?

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Sep 16, 2020, 11:12 AM

I interpreted that as not leaving until the House agrees on a bill. She does mention having bipartisan support, but I think that means the White House and Mnuchin. Obviously, if the House comes up with something, it would look bad for the Senate not to come back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 5:47 PM

Recess, in this case is a parliamentary term that means the House will be open for business - that the Dem leaders can continue to negotiate with the WH and Repubs on a new package - and then call the Representatives back to vote on it.

Actually a number of Democratic caucuses are calling for this because they want to actually DO something for their constituents before they go back home to campaign.

Sep 16, 2020, 5:50 PM

Ms Pelosi is making sure that all of the people suffering for a lack of an assistance package know exactly who to hold responsible for it - the Republicans that refuse to help the unemployed and the state and local governments struggling to meet their financial obligations in the midst of this crisis.

Crazy like a fox

Replies: 10
| visibility 348
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic